*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
No commentary, no one can understand a word I say anyway :) & whilst at the Flight Operations Carrier I did have to afk for a minute to summarily execute a door to door salesman, but if you are curious, here is the Oracle after the Thargoid attack… (skip ahead to 4m43s, the OcUK forum removes the time code)

Soldato
Thargoids have attacked several stations in the Pleiades, evacuation operations are ongoing, you'll need heat sinks and bulk passenger cabins, looks like things are escalating...

That looks pretty cool and certainly ramps up the tension.

however...

why they hell do they have to be damn flowers? :( What was wrong with the sharp angular designs? I mooted the possibility that there were 2 thargoid factions and the flower dudes were the relatively peaceful ones and the angular classic thargoid design ships were the warrior race....but no...sod it says david we all get soddin flowers.

Associate
pu9q922hd7301.jpg

Soldato
That looks pretty cool and certainly ramps up the tension.

however...

why they hell do they have to be damn flowers? :( What was wrong with the sharp angular designs? I mooted the possibility that there were 2 thargoid factions and the flower dudes were the relatively peaceful ones and the angular classic thargoid design ships were the warrior race....but no...sod it says david we all get soddin flowers.

You've not seen the images of the crashed scout then?

zrKfyuH.jpg

Soldato
Finally got rear admiral rank and purchased a Corvette. Seems a little bit cumbersome at the moment and the jump range is shocking. Going to need some serious engineering I think. More grinding :(

Did you whack on the best thrusters or is that stock?
I'm at Lt Commander at the moment, slowly grinding.

Type 10 defender coming next week apparently... Also cost is 1 billion credits :eek:

Ah good thing I got 1.2bn credits at the moment :D
But I don't think its 1 bn credits surely?

Associate
Christmas Tree & Santa Bobbleheads now available from Frontier Store. Also Sandro has said it will take about 3 crafts to go up a Grade under the new Engineering system which sounds more than fine by me - that's just 15 rolls in total to go from zip to a better than current 'god rolled' module.

As for the T-10, it won't cost 1 billion & I wouldn't be surprised if its only advantage over other ships is that it doesn't suffer from the limit of 4 xeno weapons.

Soldato
Picked this up a few weeks ago to play on my Vive and enjoying it so far.
Am finding the long travel times a bit of a bore though, just seems I spend most of my time travelling in a straight line doing nothing.
I'm liking the bounty hunting though.

I'm totally new to the whole franchise though, never played any thing like it before.

Is there a OcUK group I can join and get some pointers for what I'm actually meant to be doing :)

Back
Top Bottom