*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
Just sold my data thus far and it has jumped me from Trailblazer to 61% through Pioneer :D got about 70 million worth of data to collect before I reach Elite :D currently got 215 systems done in my run and it has netted me about 230 million credits.

Stoner81.

Permabanned
Judging from Reddit, I'm glad I didn't bother with the Gnosis event. FDev have completely screwed it up.

Gnosis never made the full jump, it's surrounded by Thargoids. If you undock and manage to not get your ship offlined and gibbed immediately you can either try to run or fight back. if you fight back you get a fine for shooting in the No Fire Zone - meaning if you die you get sent 1000s LY away to a detention centre because of the fines you have got outstanding. Actually hiliarous how broken the gameplay sounds to be there.
I was gonna reinstall this and give it ago again but after reading this i dont think ill bother. Im still stuck out at Robigo Mines from years ago lol not played since.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Well got to DEADLY at last, time to put it away until the next update.

The whole Thargoid thing and special weapons etc, has been so badly implemented I really cant be bothered to chase around after it, better things to play.

Soldato
Latest news is they are planning to do away with board hopping to stack missions. So if you use the board hop exploit to stack missions for credits and/or high grade materials then you'd probably need to get it done now so you can completely forget credits as a thing, as afterwards it sounds like the current Robigo Mines passenger run will be one of the very few stackable runs which do not require board flipping to work. At least until they eventually get round to nerfing that.

Soldato
If they removed the board hopping but fixed the reason everyone does that it would be great. However I'm 99% confident they'll just remove it and leave the flawed mission system in place as it is now. Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't test the fix and the update got released and it stopped anyone being offered missions too. lol

Associate
Latest news is they are planning to do away with board hopping to stack missions. So if you use the board hop exploit to stack missions for credits and/or high grade materials then you'd probably need to get it done now so you can completely forget credits as a thing, as afterwards it sounds like the current Robigo Mines passenger run will be one of the very few stackable runs which do not require board flipping to work. At least until they eventually get round to nerfing that.

I am always late to the party :(

Stoner81.

Associate

Sadly it was one of the only things that kept me playing the game... then again I'm been playing since day zip so nothing left to do and pretty much everything looks the same anyway

Soldato
The experiences related above are what keep me from going back into ED, really. Particularly the constant nerfing of gameplay elements by the devs. I would at least like to get Elite in exploration but as I probably related a few pages ago, back in April returning from the Beagle Point trip and still not logging enough discoveries to get Elite killed it for me.

Might dig my Asp out of its hangar for a spin after finishing my current FO4 run through.

Soldato
You are probably not going to like this but you can get Elite in exploration in a matter of hours but doing... you guessed it.. Robigo Passenger missions to Sirius Atmospherics. A completely naff way to get this Elite rating of course. Both trade and exploration rankings just seem to be entirely related to how much credits you cash in with related activity, and sight seeing passenger missions apparently counts towards exploration. Also, the old Medb to Parutis passenger ran counted towards Trade for some reason, that's how I got my first Elite rank. Completely daft.

Soldato
I played this when it was first released and quite fancy getting back into it for a bit of exploration and hopefully improve my fighting skills!

I've just got the base game with none of the add-ons but i have a Cobra and about 10m in the bank - can anyone recommend me a decent(ish) dogfighting ship with some load-out recommendations?

Permabanned
I played this when it was first released and quite fancy getting back into it for a bit of exploration and hopefully improve my fighting skills!

I've just got the base game with none of the add-ons but i have a Cobra and about 10m in the bank - can anyone recommend me a decent(ish) dogfighting ship with some load-out recommendations?
I had this in Alpha and was part of the kickstarter and im still waiting for the devs to sort the exploration out.

Soldato
Depends on your style of play and how you can move a ship..

I'm fine flying/docking etc but when I tried before I struggled with the combat side of things - possibly because my choice of weapons was wrong though!

Just looking for a decent(ish) combat ship and most effective weapons combination!

Associate
I'm fine flying/docking etc but when I tried before I struggled with the combat side of things - possibly because my choice of weapons was wrong though!

Just looking for a decent(ish) combat ship and most effective weapons combination!

Cobra is fine for getting bounties in High Res zone/Nav Beacon with med/high security, couple with a KW Scanner and you can make quite a few credits if you find a decent ripe High Res. It's quick enough to gun and run if needs be.

If you want to go 1 v 1 or try out the frankly pointless (imo) conflict zones, a Cobra can get creamed quite quickly.

Bounty Hunting is my preference, but you're gonna need a lot more credits before you move on from from there as you will want A rated gear and some engineered stuff too if possible.

I'd stick with Cobra, gear it up and have fun until you want to move on to another aspect of the game.

Soldato

You really should consider getting the Horizons expansion, it usually pops up on sale somewhere nearly every other week. It is pretty much essential if you plan on making combat easier as without it you cannot engineer your ships. I consider it to be a must buy regardless just because of the planetary landing aspect, it massively extends to exploration part of the game.

And yeah, with conflict zones, I only felt safe once I had an engineered Python. Anything smaller and it could go from ok to oh ****! in seconds. Stick with the Cobra and A rate it and stay is res zones. Since there is no loss of credits by selling a weapon you can try different loadouts with no issues. What you want is a mix of thermal weapons to take down the shields, and kinetic to take out the hull. So beams, burst or pulse lasers for the shields, and good old multicannons for the hull. And go for a bi-weave shield instead of normal, as these tend to recharge quicker which is what you want when getting into fights, as you can always break off and run before they go down fully, such that they can recharge. Then once you get in to it you will then probably want to engineer things and thus need to get Horizons.

Soldato
Horizons is deffo worth it especially on offer.

As Bubo said, it allows access to the engineers. Once you unlock the better upgrades you can really make a huge difference especially to ships like the vulture which is really limited by its power management.

Vulture is one of my faves once engineered.

Permabanned
Horizons is deffo worth it especially on offer.

As Bubo said, it allows access to the engineers. Once you unlock the better upgrades you can really make a huge difference especially to ships like the vulture which is really limited by its power management.

Vulture is one of my faves once engineered.
Engineers is what completely put me off and stopped me from playing.

Back
Top Bottom