*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
Anyone elses game freezing upto 30 seconds randomly

Ran fine before the update

Yes I keep getting that, its pretty annoying

I got a bit bored of them game so hadn't played it in quite a while. Mostly because I couldn't be bothered setting my x52 up again.

Have to say I have really enjoyed it this week, the new content they have added has made it allot more interesting.

\o/ I was the first to discover something

15827B536B746DBBB668CE382B406922C35CE0B8

:( I had a bit of a nightmare when I went to rescue my friend who ran out of fuel.

NSFW theres some bad language

I also stumbled across some thargoids for the first time which was pretty cool.

Associate
Anyone elses game freezing upto 30 seconds randomly

Ran fine before the update

It will be the Comms server issue, after the "freeze" look at the Comms panel and it will likely say error connecting to comms server.

Been doing nothing but mining for the last week. I know FD say it's working as intended but it's soooo OP for credit farming. Did 3 runs in a Python, that got me appx 400m credits, bought and fitted an Anaconda, did one mining run and took home 300m credits. Nuts. There are folk new to the game getting an bare-bones Anaconda after a (full) days play!

That said, I really like the 3.3 update, still some bugs with VR but it has added a lot to the game for me.

Soldato
Might have to jump in if you can make that much money mining right now, I've missed the last few credit farming opportunities! Not surprised to hear they've done a bad job of balancing it, FD do seem to be trying to not make a great game 99% of the time with Elite :( I hear the Mamba is absolute garbage, is that a fair assessment? Would be a shame as it's a cool looking ship!

Associate
Might have to jump in if you can make that much money mining right now, I've missed the last few credit farming opportunities! Not surprised to hear they've done a bad job of balancing it, FD do seem to be trying to not make a great game 99% of the time with Elite :( I hear the Mamba is absolute garbage, is that a fair assessment? Would be a shame as it's a cool looking ship!

I'd get in quick. Part of the "rush" was loads of stations paying 1.6m for Void Opals and 1m for Low Temp Diamonds. There are noticeably fewer roids in the rings now as they get mined and you're usually having to travel a fair distance to sell at that level now so it does seem to be balancing out.

Mamba's a good retro shout, it's not bad but FDL remains a better "hard hitter", looks lovely though!

My new hobby is robbing NPC's of their Diamond cargo's. Can get 200t in a few mins once you've found a miner then need a Black Market to flog them at.

Soldato
Just to reiterate for those that don't know if you equip more Abrasion Blasters you will get more lumps from a surface deposit.

Mount them in adjacent mounts (look in hanger view) or at least close hard points. So 3 ABs on my ASP X using the last 3 HP slots means ~25 Opals per Deep Core.

It's going to be patched out at some point.

Associate
The game was being a bit weird yesterday.

When I was fighting pirates they kept trying to strafe me but they would crash into the nose of my anaconda, where I could do keepy uppys blasting away at them.

C9E9B7211EE51857629FA165940D05586BC3128A

Then when I was doing some assassination missions, one of them was a rank up mission. It gave me the target body lhs71 but said i needed to go scan the nav beacon in lp 30-55.

The target was a mamba which took some finding, but as soon as I got near he took off and could I hell catch up. He was flying circles around me taunting me and sending messages saying he was sorry they made him do it and he wouldnt kill again. My m8 had to go get a interdictor and pull him out for me.

260B1B62B8F269DF045DA27A0E99A385525C5F23

After I eventually killed that guy another 3 missions I didnt accept appeared in my transactions pannel. Each telling me to go to nav beacons in other systems with the target body of lp 30-55.

Soldato
Is everyone at the send off cus usually I have trouble finding DCs this time of day and I just filled my hold in ~40mins no problem! Getting bored of that blag anyway now as I have plenty of funds to buy and outfit a fleet of ships and will turn to engineering more now.

Soldato
So the big launch went well until it didn't :)

I think everyone expected it to be a strain on the servers but it was going so well I guess until the different regions all started to assemble and then it went poof. Probably the number of sign ups caught them by surprise and 8000+ and gaining was a very good result.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
In all honesty i got the controls working, did the side winder missions again to get acquainted with everything again, played around with the new codex and switched it off, ready for a rainy weekend as i think it needs some time get to grips with it.

Associate
I'd like to unlock Felicity Farseer, but when I try to find out where to get meta-alloy to donate I'm struggling. The online databases suggest a location that is so far off my grid it won't plot a route...any ideas?

Soldato
I'd like to unlock Felicity Farseer, but when I try to find out where to get meta-alloy to donate I'm struggling. The online databases suggest a location that is so far off my grid it won't plot a route...any ideas?
Darnielle's Progress in Maia (it's a chunk of distance away so make sure you set the route plotter to fastest otherwise it'll not work) or you'll need to harvest it from barnacle sites which can be found via the new codex.

Associate
Does swapping out gear for D rated stuff ie. the lightest modules, (just maybe not your FSD) help with Jump distance and therefore allow plotting further from your current position?

Associate
Does swapping out gear for D rated stuff ie. the lightest modules, (just maybe not your FSD) help with Jump distance and therefore allow plotting further from your current position?

Yes when in outfitting you can see what changes each component does to your jump range and power management at the bottom of the screen

Soldato

Only if the route plotter is failing due to low jump range, otherwise the route plotter will plot 20,000ly on fastest route and 1,000ly economic route. What's your current jump range at?

Permabanned
In all honesty i got the controls working, did the side winder missions again to get acquainted with everything again, played around with the new codex and switched it off, ready for a rainy weekend as i think it needs some time get to grips with it.
I think i will wait for the rainy weekend too

Associate
Only if the route plotter is failing due to low jump range, otherwise the route plotter will plot 20,000ly on fastest route and 1,000ly economic route. What's your current jump range at?

Fastest route worked thanks for the tip, I'm just under 20,000Ly max jump range in Asp Explorer so 26 jumps from where I am now...I can do that tonight hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom