*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
Wow! Absolutely LOVING THIS!!! Downloaded last night and had a quick play this morning. It's a steep learning curve but I'm hooked already. Runs like a dream under my GTX1060 6Gb.

Are there external camera views on this? If so, which key is that bound to? Ta.

Soldato
Wow! Absolutely LOVING THIS!!! Downloaded last night and had a quick play this morning. It's a steep learning curve but I'm hooked already. Runs like a dream under my GTX1060 6Gb.

Are there external camera views on this? If so, which key is that bound to? Ta.

Get yourself a HOTAS and VR, it's so much better then :)

Not sure it's bound by default but yes it does have external cameras but they are not designed with being used for playing in mind, more just vanity cameras really.

Caporegime
Thanks, I'll look into that. Whats a good way of making cash early on in the game? I'm currently running courier missions back and forth and have just bought an Eagle.
Probably the best way but once you have a decent ship you can hang around nav points looking for wanted NPC’s and claim their Bounty.

Stay away from unknown signals just now. They’ll likely be pirates with multiple high level ships! Always have enough for your insurance and rebuy too!

Associate
Mining is currently the best way to make money (look for void opal mining on youtube) but personally it's more fun to do it the old fashioned way like you are now.

Hope you enjoy it.

Associate
The biggest difference for me was getting a HOTAS controller - I was just lost trying to use the mouse and keyboard or even an Xbox controller!

There are a lot of videos on YouTube to give you the basics so I'd recommend watching a few and going through the training missions!

I was the same, infact I refunded the game after intiallytrying it with the xbox controller.

I later bought my x52 pro during the black fri sale and re bought the game, now have close to 1k hours in it.

I just made it back to the bubble after venturing to colonia & the centre. I must have done 100s of neutron jumps without issue. When I got back to the bubble I joined mobius so headed to one of their stations to hand my exploration data into. I dropped out pretty much inside a neutron and couldnt get out wrecking my ship :(

Soldato
Folks, I'm going to ask again a n00b question. I'd like to build up my credits balance so I can buy an Imperial Courier. :cool:

Currently been running courier missions back and forth but whats a good way to rack up cash, quickly? I read elsewhere that running passenger missions was lucrative. I'm currently flying a Cobra Mk III, how do I fit my ship out so I can carry passengers or would I be better off buying a larger ship with more room for passengers? Ta.

Soldato
I'm sure things have moved on since I last had a sustained go on this but I racked up a fair few credits doing some rare commodity trading!

A simple Google should give you some decent routes!

Man of Honour
Quick question?

If I play the single player game, is it in any way influenced by the online multiplayer game?

I ask because I remember reading that say if someone in the MP version discovers say a new planet (just an example) it'll then appear on the SP game, stopping me from discovering that planet myself?

Hope that makes sense?

Soldato
Right, arrived in Rhea, docked at Carter Port. I cannot for the life of me work out how to install a passenger compartment into my Cobra???? :(

Outfitting and then optional internals, they'll be listed if the station you're docked at has any. Best money at the moment is core mining for void opals and stuff.
Quick question?

If I play the single player game, is it in any way influenced by the online multiplayer game?

I ask because I remember reading that say if someone in the MP version discovers say a new planet (just an example) it'll then appear on the SP game, stopping me from discovering that planet myself?

Hope that makes sense?

All game modes are connected to the same galaxy so yes, discoveries and such do show regardless of mode, the only difference is who the system allows you to be instanced with, solo mode = no one, private group = only those in the same group, open = anybody.

Man of Honour
Outfitting and then optional internals, they'll be listed if the station you're docked at has any. Best money at the moment is core mining for void opals and stuff.

All game modes are connected to the same galaxy so yes, discoveries and such do show regardless of mode, the only difference is who the system allows you to be instanced with, solo mode = no one, private group = only those in the same group, open = anybody.
Thanks, so starting this late in the game (no pun intended) there's very little to self discover?

Associate
Folks, I'm going to ask again a n00b question. I'd like to build up my credits balance so I can buy an Imperial Courier. :cool:

Currently been running courier missions back and forth but whats a good way to rack up cash, quickly? I read elsewhere that running passenger missions was lucrative. I'm currently flying a Cobra Mk III, how do I fit my ship out so I can carry passengers or would I be better off buying a larger ship with more room for passengers? Ta.

add me on steam if you like, I will do some wing missions with you and boost your credits if your on pc

Back
Top Bottom