*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
I have been in mobius since it was set up. Great idea it's just a shame that 1) that kind of organisation is left to gamers (and without tools to make it easy) and 2) the infrastructure means we can't all go in 1 group.
The PG member limit was created because mobius broke the game. If that wasnt proof that some form of PvP free mode was needed to be officially sanctioned I do not know what is.

Soldato
Elite has always been pretty. We need gameplay!

I sank loads of hours into the game, but it's still as wide as an ocean, but as shallow as a puddle.

Loved the game in the early 80s, really looking forward to what it can become.

Soldato
Elite has always been pretty. We need gameplay!

I sank loads of hours into the game, but it's still as wide as an ocean, but as shallow as a puddle.

Loved the game in the early 80s, really looking forward to what it can become.
Absolutely... I struggle to think of any really solid bar raising development that's been added in the past 3-4yrs? And even the Mining 2.0 needlessly suffers because of the all too often poor design/management we see...

Can but hope next years "uber" release finally shows some quality development/progress.

And Fleet Carriers due in September might give an idea of if their developments are becoming more solid than much of what we've seen over the past X years...

Last edited:
Soldato
Fleet carriers, again will look pretty, but are just a different shaped outpost station.

We need:

Atmospheric landings. It's immersion breaking when some planets are landable and some aren't. Procedural life.

User generated missions. If I need mats for an upgrade, why can't I pay someone to get them for me?

Space legs, nice to have.

Soldato
Fleet carriers, again will look pretty, but are just a different shaped outpost station.

We need:

Atmospheric landings. It's immersion breaking when some planets are landable and some aren't. Procedural life.

User generated missions. If I need mats for an upgrade, why can't I pay someone to get them for me?

Space legs, nice to have.
The different "purposes" gives some hope Fleet Carriers will offer some actual new mechanics and gameplay (depth)?

But my fear is for example outfitting a FC for mining will simply mean then it's onboard service can restock mining and prospector limpets? And that's all outfitting a FC does, just turns on/off station features. ie: Just the typical rebadging of stuff we've seen far too much of in the past 3-4yrs :( Hopefully we've not waited an extra year for FCs to be that shallow, and there will be some more involved mechanics/gameplay.

Yes atmospheric landings and possibly even just procedural plant life would could be great!

Soldato
it hasn't been 16 for years.
What's the general realistic number of CMDRs in an instance then? eg: Go to Shinrarta Dezhra, and how many other CMDRs would you expect to see as a rule?

ie: I know people have gone out of their way to force/trick the game to create lots of CMDRs into an instance, but in general usage?

Soldato
Actually looking forward to the update tomorrow, not played Elite since its release pretty much, with a quick dabble when horizons launched but was completely lost with what to do. With the start revamped to get people back into the game, I will certainly break out the X52 Rhino and Vive to give it another go :)

Soldato
official support is 16, i know they have managed to get more in an instance but i havent seen any update saying they increased the instance amounts at all?
32 from what I've read, could be wrong though as that was a very old dev post during beta and might have changed back, have certainly seen shots with more, distant worlds had an instance with over 100 in it at one point.

What's the general realistic number of CMDRs in an instance then? eg: Go to Shinrarta Dezhra, and how many other CMDRs would you expect to see as a rule?

ie: I know people have gone out of their way to force/trick the game to create lots of CMDRs into an instance, but in general usage?

I've never paid any attention to it, depends entirely on time of day and location in game not to mention connection speed between the various peers etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom