*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
I'm thinking about using VoiceAttack, do you know what the difference is between HCS VoicePacks and GameMusicPacks? Can't decide which one to try.

The Orion (William Shatner) HCS Voice Pack is £5 until the end of June. Use code CAPTAINKIRK5 when checking out.
It could be a good way to try out the HCS Voice Packs.

Last edited:
Permabanned
If they followed the ideas that were put across in the original DDF in the official forum it would be much better and more indepth than it is now. Unfortunately its not, i agree bad game design killed any chance of the game clawing its way back. The first bad game design was the Arena play like WTF? Ive never played Arena, no idea what the devs were thinking. They have the wrong people making this game just like Disney have the wrong people making the latest starwars movies..shame.

I just cannot bring myself to Login to ED, to do what exactly? Lol

Associate
If they followed the ideas that were put across in the original DDF in the official forum it would be much better and more indepth than it is now. Unfortunately its not, i agree bad game design killed any chance of the game clawing its way back. The first bad game design was the Arena play like WTF? Ive never played Arena, no idea what the devs were thinking. They have the wrong people making this game just like Disney have the wrong people making the latest starwars movies..shame.

I just cannot bring myself to Login to ED, to do what exactly? Lol

Cool story

Associate
Lol.
Your late to the party my friend, i have all the ships apart from the very new ones and billions of credits. Game is boring, give it time and you will see for yourself.
And can I guess you have several hundred hours poured into this... name another game that has lasted as long....

Not arguing as I kind of agree with you as I've slacked off playing this for ages now, but it's still one of the top played (in hours) in my steam library.

Associate
When I kick-started ED there was a video with a capital ship in it. A call when out using voice comms that they were under attack by pirates. Another player responded using voice comms. Got a handfull of his budies. Quckly negotiated a price then jumped in and defended this capital ship against some fighters. Then an enemy capital ship turned up and it got more hectic. That was what I poneyed up for. The combat of Wingcommander/elite with the size and scale of eve and elements of freelancer, totaly multiplayer with your buddies on voice comms.
I forget when I kick-started, but it was early in there campaign 2012 maybe?. Now 7 years later how much of that got delivered. Its a great looking game and it performs great on old hardware, but its slow, tedious, boring and empty.
i stopped playing eve because it turned into a pretty spreadsheet and I ended up reading books and watching movies while playing and then eliteD repeats this and has tonnes of content where your just sat watching the computer do stuff.

Soldato
I don't know why they don't borrow elements from freespace2 - the way you could command a squadron of npcs to attack capital ships. Or allow player generated missions - give players the tools to generate missions. You want some daft grindy materials - get a new player to get them for you - you get the mats, they get the credits they need for a cobra.

Space legs and atmospheric landings would add immersion - bring in the procedural life element of no mans sky.

Soldato
The Orion (William Shatner) HCS Voice Pack is £5 until the end of June. Use code CAPTAINKIRK5 when checking out.
It could be a good way to try out the HCS Voice Packs.

Thanks for that, I've been waiting ages to see if there was ever a discount on a pack. As I only occasionally play ED in VR hoping it will make it a little easier to control with the headset on.
just got to work out how to use it now?!?

Soldato
Took the plunge. Surely can't go wrong at a fiver? :D

I loved Elite way back in the day on my Commodore 64. I then loved Frontier on my Amiga. Haven't really touched a space game since apart from dabbled with No Mans Sky. Looking forward to trying this out. Any tips for a n00b in terms of gameplay, starting out and also tweaking the game itself? Any of the add on packs worth getting? Horizons Season Pass is £4.99 right now.

Soldato
Took the plunge. Surely can't go wrong at a fiver? :D

I loved Elite way back in the day on my Commodore 64. I then loved Frontier on my Amiga. Haven't really touched a space game since apart from dabbled with No Mans Sky. Looking forward to trying this out. Any tips for a n00b in terms of gameplay, starting out and also tweaking the game itself? Any of the add on packs worth getting? Horizons Season Pass is £4.99 right now.

The biggest difference for me was getting a HOTAS controller - I was just lost trying to use the mouse and keyboard or even an Xbox controller!

There are a lot of videos on YouTube to give you the basics so I'd recommend watching a few and going through the training missions!

Back
Top Bottom