*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
Anyone had the invisible station bug?
Been flying around a system tagging bad guys, got back to the station to call it a night, drop into normal space, no station, the marker is there but its not on radar or in my communications list...
Weirdly though I can see all the docked ships rotating and one of the commanders had me on screen as I flew straight through the station from his POV...

Weirdness

Soldato
Anyone had the invisible station bug?
Been flying around a system tagging bad guys, got back to the station to call it a night, drop into normal space, no station, the marker is there but its not on radar or in my communications list...
Weirdly though I can see all the docked ships rotating and one of the commanders had me on screen as I flew straight through the station from his POV...

Weirdness

New one for me. I do occasionally see players orbiting the station when they are supposed to be inside it docked.

Soldato
I docked at a nother station in the system, I'll go back later and see if its there.
I had dropped back to menu and then gone back in but no fish, maybe dropping all the way out and then back in again might have fixed it..

Associate
Devrij
Did you find the guy that killed you and extract revenge yet? At work so cant watch the pirating gone wrong vid but i'm assuming that was not the guy that killed you before?

Soldato
Hopefully in the next few weeks I will finally be able to get back into playing this when the Vive releases. Not touched it since EGX last year when I got to try it in VR for the first time and got my experience totally ruined.

Soldato
Devrij
Did you find the guy that killed you and extract revenge yet? At work so cant watch the pirating gone wrong vid but i'm assuming that was not the guy that killed you before?

Haha no, we didn't. I uploaded the gone wrong video just so you could see what would have happened anyway lol. It seems corvettes are rarely alone even if they seem to be. We are now both in anacondas so hopefully we'll pose more of a threat together. I nearly have enough for the A rated power plant so will be putting that in and replacing the bi weave shield with an A rated shield for pvp.

Soldato
Fun development, the guys who killed us saw my video and had recorded it as well! Clearly more organised than we were. Not sure how he was cycling through his heatsinks and and targeting my power plant without using the UI menu (voice attack?) , but it looks useful.

Soldato
Always thought exploration looked really boring, but my wingmate got me interested so we nipped out to the orion nebula. It is pretty amazing out there! Not that far either.

AABA38BF760A3D5031D827D0CE2EA69EFDF1C07B

41F7AE6EDB11DCEF0EE5A02E4D6197D5F98323CA

Last edited:
Associate
Build a new computer over the weekend but didn't save any of my savefiles so spent some time last night resetting my configuration. Went to test out the settings and I had messed up the throttle, my lovely Cutter barreled straight into the side of the station stuck on full throttle, luckily not full of cargo

14M credits down the drain :D

Soldato
I've just upgraded from a Viper to a Vulture for the 2nd time. Couldn't get on with it last time.

This time however.........Yeeehaaaaa

Its fantastic. But got myself another wanted bounty on my head so had to leave home for 6 days.......Again...

Not really my fault stupid police flew straight into my target just as it blew up and I was still on the trigger...So moved to another system and did 3.5 million in an hour.....Silver linings an all that...

Soldato
I could buy a sidewinder and commit suicide by cop. But I've got 3.5 million credits worth of bounties in other systems etc that I would lose. So am going to have to wait it out.

Soldato
Is it worth buying the deluxe edition over standard?

Maybe. Deluxe includes the Horizons season pass and pilot starter pack. The starter pack is just some fun skins etc, but Horizons is actual content. Want to land on planets and zip about in an SRV? You'll want Horizons.

The big parts of the season aren't due to drop for a couple months, but should have some really good stuff. Mostly late game stuff so you'll have time to get to a point where you'll appreciate it anyway (eg huge multi cannon dakka dakka). Crafting and better missions are first up, we should also get multi crew ships, and ship launched fighters (for the bigger ships). Potentially new ships too as passenger missions should be involved.

So it depends how much you want to commit. Right now all it means is you can land on planets and drive about, but in a few months it will provide a lot more (hopefully executed well).

Back
Top Bottom