******* The "official" Essential iPad Apps thread (with stars) *******

Associate
If you bought it you can always redownload.

There's loads of media apps left, but hardly any support AC3 audio anymore. Cinexplayer claims to on the iPad version but not tried.

Soldato
Is it possible to get a media player app anymore? I've always had avplayerhd but didn't realise they're since removed all those kind of apps from the store!

Yep I've noticed they've removed the old Aceplayer and the new one appears to not be as good.

Is there any why reason why these apps have been removed? Licensing issues maybe?

Luckily I still have my IPA file for my older Aceplayer, so will have to see if it works on ios6.

Soldato
Hi fellas,

My dad has just got an iPad 4th Gen and he wants to be able to load up his word documents, change them around and send them off.

I have tried out a few of the free apps and they all seem to render weird. Example below;
1jwakh.png

On left is a screenshot of it on my computer and the right obviously is the iPad.

Can anyone tell me why the boxes etc aren't loading properly? or a way around it?

My dad only ever changes info inside the "cells" hence why I made it a table for him.

Soldato
Easiest solution is pages for mac and ipad , not much help if the per machine is windows based though
:(
I don't think tables/shadings etc are fully compatible between word and pages.

Have you tried using dashes/underscores instead of tables - that should import correctly.
Well it would probably work but then my dads work would end up all over the page. He isn't great with technology hence why I put everything in a table so he just clicks and types in what he wants and print.

Soldato
:(

Well it would probably work but then my dads work would end up all over the page. He isn't great with technology hence why I put everything in a table so he just clicks and types in what he wants and print.

Why don't you create the template in Pages on the iPad?

Soldato
Here are some games that are on sale for Christmas:

EA
Fifa 13 - 69p
Need For Speed Most Wanted - 69p
Need For Speed Shift 2 - 69p
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit - 69p
Tetris - 69p
Monopoly - 69p
Game of life - 69p

Gameloft

Wildblood - 69p
NOVA 3 - 69p
9mm - 69p
Iron man 2 - 69p

Soldato
Why don't you create the template in Pages on the iPad?
I have created a editable PDF form using Adobe Acrobat as this means I can use it across all the computers now.

Now I have loaded it to my iPad and in the Adobe Reader app I can see it perfectly and edit the correct fields but I can't save it?

What app can I use to open the PDF, fill in the fields and save under the correct file name (customername/date etc)

Is there one?

Soldato
Hi fellas,

My dad has just got an iPad 4th Gen and he wants to be able to load up his word documents, change them around and send them off.

I have tried out a few of the free apps and they all seem to render weird. Example below;
http://i47.tinypic.com/1jwakh.png

On left is a screenshot of it on my computer and the right obviously is the iPad.

Can anyone tell me why the boxes etc aren't loading properly? or a way around it?

My dad only ever changes info inside the "cells" hence why I made it a table for him.[/QUOTE]

CloudOn? Is that still around?

Soldato
Just tried it and i can edit the file as before but again I can't "save as"

There doesn't seem to be any app out there that allows me to open a pdf/docx and edit it then save as to email later.

Really lame work-wround.
Open -> Edit -> Screenshot (home button + power button) -> attach -> email ?

Soldato
It isn't very professional though?

Surely someone here has Quickoffice Pro/Pages etc so they can tell me if it is possible to do what I am asking before I spend £20-30 buying them all :p

Soldato
If you had some hosting you could create a little app that lets you Dad create invoices online and then email then to customers. Then as long as he had access to a browser he could view/create all the invoices he wants.

Soldato
I have some hosting in the sense I have three websites with Vidahost on their "Starter Package"?

Can you go into some more detail about the app!?!!?!? :D

You could create a website using PHP instead of trying to find an app on the iPad/PC. Here's a good tutorial:

http://www.webmonkey.com/2010/02/generate_pdfs_dynamically_with_php/

I assume your Vidahost package includes MSSQL? If so, you could also save the data into the DB so you could reprint/view invoices at a later date.

Back
Top Bottom