******* The "official" Essential iPad Apps thread (with stars) *******

Soldato
I disagree - the controls are awful. And it's not even a great technical achievement - they got the worlds of Liberty City and Vice City running on a portable years before iOS in the form of the PSP games, and with much better controls. The wow factor is somewhat lost on iOS.

The much better controls coming from the fact its got physical buttons and a stick?

For a pure touch screen based experience I don't think they could have done much better

Caporegime
Is anyone else having problems with the update to the Netflix app? The website and Playstation 3 app both have a feature which automatically plays the next episode in a season, it works perfectly on both of those platforms but on my iPad if I let it automatically load the next episode it seems to start 2-3 minutes in, instead of at the very beginning. Am I the only person experiencing this issue? The Netflix app in general is absolutely glorious by the way, it's nicely laid out, easy to use and the quality of the streams seem really good to me, especially on the iPad 4 screen.

I'm enjoying using it so much that I barely watch Netflix on my actual TV anymore. :D

Soldato
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic & Pheonix Wright have both been released for the iPad!!! :D

Instant purchase for both of them :D

Soldato
:confused:

iOS developers know they can't charge £10 for an app so they're forced to recoup their money through IAPs. Warhammer Quest is perfectly playable without any IAPs.

The original board game cost £40 and would probably cost £70 today. If the game was released on Xbox Live, it would probably cost £12. £3 is an absolute bargain!

Soldato
Sorry but character classes locked to only but is not on. Gold, weapons, extra quests, I can understand that but character selection is a basic part of a game like that.

iOS games tend to be small, very rarely have I found a dungeon crawler lasting more than a couple of days, on Xbox live I'd expect a full phat game.

The board game is irrelevant, you can sell it on for a start.

Soldato
I've recently acquired and iPhone and an iPad and was on the App Store last night creating a wishlist of all the apps I'd like. it would cost me something like £150 to get them all just now.

Do they have regular sales on the app store?

Soldato
App shopper is even better, you list the ones you want and it lets you know if any drop in price, not just for free. It also has the apps history therefore you know if its at an all time low or not.

Couldn't live without it, saved a shed load.

Back
Top Bottom