The *Official* Eve Online Thread

LOL, just signed up again yesterday for a month after around 2 years to see what if anything has changed. Took me a while to remember what my account details were.

Logged on and there was my old buddy. In my stupidity when i quit 2 years ago i dumped my corporation in a fit of rage onto one of my friends so i didnt really expect it to be there and even so i was a little disappointed when it wasnt. Dont suppose there would be anyway of getting it back. No doubt my friends stripped it of anything useful in the time they were on before they quit. It did have around 3Million Isk, 2 or 3 of the big worm like industrial ships, a few smallish combat ships and we had stared making Imicus ships to sell onto new starts, missiles and a few other things. Its all gone now :( To be honest, looking back our little corp wasnt too bad considering we only had a few members and it was only around 2 months into the game after launch when i quit.

Still my guy has got one of those big worm like industrial ships (MK IV) and some little frigate type thing i think, plus about 1.5 Million Isk and whatever resources were on the ships when i quit. Anyone think its worth continuing on with him. I'll admit that im completely lost at the moment having not played in such a long time. I'll play for this month since i've payed for it and see where it takes me after that. Anyone any advice ?

Last edited:
Archangelus said:
I'm no expert (gets ready to be shot down by the more expert guys) but my setup is:

Thorax
3x250mm rails with Tungsten charges (33K opt, 45K hit range)
2x 125mm rails with tungsten
1x webifier
2x medium shield extenders
1x reactor control 1 or Pwer distribution thing, can't remember which
1x small armour repair
1x Co-processor 1
1x200mm titainium reinforced
1x100mm titanium reinforrced
4x hammerhead drones.

The thorax is great in that you really don't need to have guns or anything at all. Just got with as big an armour tank as you can fit and then small guns and then rely on your heavy drones.

The setup you have is a bit of a mish-mash of ideas to be honest, but if it works. You've had to fit two fitting modules to get your stuff to fit, so that's an obvious improvement because you've basically wasted two slots. If you can get your engineering and electronics skills up a level each you won't need those on your setup.

The thorax setup I posted should work for you very well though, give it a try sometime.

melchy said:
Dont suppose there would be anyway of getting it back. No doubt my friends stripped it of anything useful in the time they were on before they quit.

Unfortunatly it is all gone, I believe you have to empty the wallet and hangars at your offices before a corporaton can be desolved so I imagine your friends took those with them wherever they went... 1.5mill is pleanty to get you started though.

daz said:
The thorax is great in that you really don't need to have guns or anything at all. Just got with as big an armour tank as you can fit and then small guns and then rely on your heavy drones.

The setup you have is a bit of a mish-mash of ideas to be honest, but if it works. You've had to fit two fitting modules to get your stuff to fit, so that's an obvious improvement because you've basically wasted two slots. If you can get your engineering and electronics skills up a level each you won't need those on your setup.

The thorax setup I posted should work for you very well though, give it a try sometime.

Thanks, Daz, I'll give that setup a try. I know my setup's not all that good, but while I'm training up to use heavy drones, it'll have to do. If I got rid of my 250's, I could get rid of the fitting modules too, so that'd work, but at the moment, it'd leave me woefully short of offensive firepower. I might well give it a try now anyway :)

Last edited:
As I said earlier in this thread, I've got quite attracted to my Ferox setup. Battlecruisers are generally about 25 million ISK and I think they're worth every bit of that. Much more effective in missions than cruisers and if you're PvP'ing then they'll take out ordinary cruisers and frigates with no trouble. My Ferox setup is:

High
5 x 250mm t2 rails
2 x named Assault launchers

Mid
1 x warp disruptor
1 x web scrambler
1 x medium t2 shield booster
2 x active shield hardeners (thermal and EM)

Low
3 x Magnetic field stab t2
1 x PDU2

Loading Sabretooth and Piranha missiles mean I do all four types of damage and with the RoF of the guns and my new recently trained missile skills I can take cruisers out very quickly. My tank isn't huge, but with the natural ship resistances it's quite effective.

K.

Kinsy those lazers are all Medium lazers not small, nope they dont give any negatives to shields, i chose them so thay only give boost to cap regen but shorten the avalable cap. Good read though. :) cheers will have another play just not a big fan of buying/making ammo :P (me = cheep skat :D)

I'll have an other read and play laters. It could be that i'm just in the wrong cruiser and nee to change it.

Dj_Jestar said:
Umm yes.. Blasters = 15km range. Closest warp to is 15km

nah i always come in at 3km ;) covert + blasters is the best combo in my opinion. The reason i dont like sniping is because solo, you cant really kill anything bigger than a cruiser before it warps out :p

You threw me off when you said Med Pulse Lasers

Medium, Dual Light and Gatling = small lasers

Quad Light, Focused and Heavy = med lasers

Oh and your talking about Cap flux coils? Theyre still a bad idea, they leave you with less cap to use your booster with, and a larger cap size equals a faster recharge rate, even if the base recharge rate stays the same.

A 20% cap recharge rate increase with a 10% decrease in max cap size is actually only an improvement of 12.5%.

(0.9 divided by 0.8)

Kinsy said:
Finally, I take it your talking about Capacitor Power Relays. These are all good for armor tanking, but NEVER for shield. They give you +20 capacitor recharge, but at the expense of -10 passive shield recharge rate, which if your sheild tanking is SILLY.

Cap power relays only affect the efficiency of shield boosting, not passive recharge. :o

Back
Top Bottom