The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Commissario
William said:
I don't use named items. :p
My goodness, you're losing out.

I've never kept a record of ships I've had blown up. Some instances stick in the mind more than others such as the time I was sniping in HED-GP when a big frigate/intie fleet came through, I warped to a moon but was followed, scrambled, webbed and systematically killed. But I wasn't bothered as my drones picked up a kill after I'd warped out in my pod and I received the killmail for the drones after the Mega had gone pop! So the drones effectively carried on fighting after I'd warped out.

I trained to fly Caldari ships and did some level 4 missions in a Raven. Then I had a bad one and the Raven was killed, so I got another one and that got popped on the next mission I did so that made me realise I'm not a great missile fan. Or at least, I wasn't until I put together a nice Ferox setup last week with a couple of assault launchers on and I've been training the new missile skills like crazy to get some decent performance out of them. I mainly fly Gallente stuff but I really like the Ferox and with a good setup it's a lot of fun.

K.

Associate
I'm enjoying Eve at the moment, I've got to the stage where I've started running level 3 agent missions in my thorax. Ok, they mostly involve picking of a group at a time 45K range then warping out if they get too close, and the occasional horrible death :) but I'm getting there.

Soldato
Feek said:
My goodness, you're losing out.

Not doing PVP at the moment and the standard T1 modules seem to slaughter the NPCs so I am not bothered (plus dym has a tendancy to blow me up), The most expensive thing on my proph at the moment is a T2 repper and 5x HModals

Caporegime
It doesn't matter if you are PvPing or PvEing.. named modules > standard t1.

When in a frig gang of around 9 I came face to face with a Ferox in my wolf, gang buddies were a jump and a warp away, but I tackled him without thinking. He was unfortunate (for him) using Thunderbolts (EM damage missiles) My Wolf has a native resistance of 92.5% EM so his missiles hit for single figure damage.

Then the others turned up after 2 or 3 mins and he was locked down and popped after 6 or so mins of continuous hitting (he had a VERY good tank on)

I got the final and my jaw dropped at what this guy had fitted, the total value of his setup was estimated at around 300million+ ISK

For a full comparison, that's just above par with a fully laden t2 battleship setup.. on a Ferox.

Associate
William said:
Not doing PVP at the moment and the standard T1 modules seem to slaughter the NPCs so I am not bothered (plus dym has a tendancy to blow me up), The most expensive thing on my proph at the moment is a T2 repper and 5x HModals

In which case you are probably fighting the wrong NPCs, before I took my long break from E-O i was trying (and failing) Level 3 missions with normal weapons, 250mm Compressed Coil Railguns made all the difference... unfortunatly the NPCs seem to of got a bit more canny... I seem to die every 4-5 missions with level 3 :( so unfortunatly Level 3 missions are no longer cost effective.

Vort

Soldato
Dj_Jestar said:

It does when you are skint. ;)

But yeah it is on my eve list to do, after getting a decent and constant source of income. (I think I need an alt to do industry)

Commissario
Dj_Jestar said:
In empire ganks that is the prefered method, but in 0.0 blasterthron = bad.
Well, not specifically bad but you have to have the mindset that going into a fight you're either going to kill or be killed. Blasterthrons engaging other battleships at close range don't warp out!

I love the sniping method. Seven t2 425 rails loaded with uranium or thorium at around 100km range can do a lot of damage very quickly, and at that range they'll hit pretty much anything except the very fast moving stuff.

K.

Associate
Dj_Jestar said:

When in a frig gang of around 9 I came face to face with a Ferox in my wolf, gang buddies were a jump and a warp away, but I tackled him without thinking. He was unfortunate (for him) using Thunderbolts (EM damage missiles) My Wolf has a native resistance of 92.5% EM so his missiles hit for single figure damage.

Then the others turned up after 2 or 3 mins and he was locked down and popped after 6 or so mins of continuous hitting (he had a VERY good tank on)

I got the final and my jaw dropped at what this guy had fitted, the total value of his setup was estimated at around 300million+ ISK

For a full comparison, that's just above par with a fully laden t2 battleship setup.. on a Ferox.

:( i miss eve so much now. thats a bit nooby though, using thunderbolts as standard, unless for npcs.

Soldato
Deka said:
:( i miss eve so much now. thats a bit nooby though, using thunderbolts as standard, unless for npcs.

Not if he is fighting frigates. :)

Edit:

Money problems are solved. :D

DanF > ah, just haulling stuff
William Hartas > cool :)
William Hartas > hi otick
William Hartas > what a dread destructor with a 95k bounty! :/
Admiral Keyes > sweet
Admiral Keyes > kill it and check its can first
Admiral Keyes > tell us whats in it, link it if you cna :)
William Hartas > Thats what I am doing usually I don't loot because the ship is quite
slow but 95k is twice a low level cruiser bounty
Admiral Keyes > and its a dread guristas
William Hartas > aye
Admiral Keyes > ALWAYS loot a dread guristas ship
William Hartas > okies :)
Reksal Holiau > can't argue with that :)
otick > hi all
William Hartas > hey otick
Admiral Keyes > o/
William Hartas > ******* yes
Admiral Keyes > link it
William Hartas > k
William Hartas > Dread Guristas Ballistic Control System
Admiral Keyes > WTFH
Admiral Keyes > YOU LUCKY *******
William Hartas > I just checked marketing details
William Hartas > I need a drink
Admiral Keyes > &^&*$%&*$^&%*$%^$%**