The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Caporegime
Dave10 said:
umm no, covert ops alt = win?

plus gank = gang kill, i like to solo kill, not gank :p
Umm yes.. Blasters = 15km range. Closest warp to is 15km.

Blasterthron sits on the highway gates waiting for war targets to warp to or jump in and they are smack bang on optimal. Blasters also do a heck of a lot more damage, which is also suiting for gate ganks as they will only have a few seconds before target has warped or jumped. the other thing to note is 9/10 you are only going to be ganking haulers or lone targets, where as in 00 it's not very common to find a hauler on their own.

The problem with snipers vs gankers is the range issue.. at 15k, anything is going to hit you, but you will be able to hit back VERY hard.. At 100k+ only battleships or certain HAC's are going to hit back.

Soldato
I finally got round to level III missions so the prophecy is being tested now and I am having a great time, I actually have to think to kill things, going through mordus like hot cakes at the moment! :D

Soldato
what do you think is a good set up for LvL3 Missions with cruisers? currently have a stabber which i us for lvl2 missions seems fine for this (but i have energy canons installed) Yep i know should be using proj or use an Amar cruiser for Energy.

Soldato
Free pimp (Feek, STK/ASCN are big enough :p)

The Unassociated, in particular the Squirrels of War are looking for members.

PvP is what we Squirrels do, but the alliance has plenty of opportunities for you to do whatever you wish. 0.0 Access is on the cards (we have been there twice before now, fighting each time for a home) and we are currently recruiting just about anyone as long as your willing to fight.

We do not pirate - we shoot them. A lot.

daz

daz

Soldato
Lostcorpse said:
what do you think is a good set up for LvL3 Missions with cruisers? currently have a stabber which i us for lvl2 missions seems fine for this (but i have energy canons installed) Yep i know should be using proj or use an Amar cruiser for Energy.

Generally cruisers are a bit tough for level 3's, but here is the thorax one i used:-

5 x 150 scouts (150 II's if you can use them...) that's right, frig guns :o
1 x webber
1 x 10mn afterburner
1 x capacitor recharger
1 x medium armour repairer II, 2 rat specific hardeners, 1 cap relay, 1 1600mm plate

Then 8 heavy drones. :o

Kinsy, I am interested, mail me in-game. :)

Associate
i only ever use sniper setups cos my corp makes me, i much prefer short range, and when i'm soloing blaster=*** win, it is just so much easier. also gank has come to mean any kill really nowadays, not just gang ones.

Soldato
Cheers Daz, i can pretty much use any cruiser other than Caldari at mo, me and a m8 did a lvl3 mission in 2 cruisers a stabber and thorax and that was hard, am trying to mine for a BS for missions and other stuff...

My stabber set up is currently :
1 heavy launcher (30-35km)
1 named standard laucher with a lot of light Piana missiles (10-12km)
2 med pules lazers (21km) Microwave
2 heavy lazers (<10km) ultraviolet
Med sheild booster 1
1 Med cap boosters
1 sheild hardener (involnerablity 25% all resistance)
1 cargo mod
2 low cap charger
1 warp core stab
2 light drones

thats roughly my setup.

Soldato
I spend a lot of time killing sniping pirates. To this end, my lovely assistant in her covert ops gets 12k behind them, i jump in warp to her, and give them some Armageddon Multifrequency love, safe in the knowledge theyre not going to be able to run away and that by the time their ship is down, my smartbomb will be having their bounty, too :)

For the ones that sit on gate, my assistant jumps in a Vampadom first, removes their capacitor, leaving me free to again give them the Multifrequency love they deserve \o/

Daz, i tried to get you onboard once already dropping hints, ill shout you after work :D

PFG

PFG

Associate
Inquisitor said:
Too true, I've heard of noobs getting a BS and minimal skills required to fly it in a month or so, then strapping on small guns and wondering off into low sec space thinking they are unbeatable and getting blown to pieces :p

I'm catching up with you Feek, 7mil gunnery SP here :D
yeah complacency is the biggest killer in EVE

oh and FYI !

8 mil+ in gunnery ;p

mind U i wish I had specialized my skills earlier

i got full mining specs and refining specs

a complete self suppoertive character basically

Soldato
Lostcorpse said:
Cheers Daz, i can pretty much use any cruiser other than Caldari at mo, me and a m8 did a lvl3 mission in 2 cruisers a stabber and thorax and that was hard, am trying to mine for a BS for missions and other stuff...

My stabber set up is currently :
1 heavy launcher (30-35km)
1 named standard laucher with a lot of light Piana missiles (10-12km)
2 med pules lazers (21km) Microwave
2 heavy lazers (<10km) ultraviolet
Med sheild booster 1
1 Med cap boosters
1 sheild hardener (involnerablity 25% all resistance)
1 cargo mod
2 low cap charger
1 warp core stab
2 light drones

thats roughly my setup.

Okay, well its a terrible setup. Heres why:-

First off, your using 2 frig pulse lasers, which is ok actually as without ship bonuses, Lasers do the most damage per shot, but Minmatar ships are not known for having a lot of cap. If you can fit 280mm Howitzers, youll probably find youll deal the same or more damage but with little to no cap cost.

Using 2 cruiser pulse lasers is a big nono, get them off! Use 425mm autocannons for short range and 650 Howitzers for longer stuff.

Your shield tanking, which is fine, Minmatar ships do both. Train Shield Operation to lvl3 and use a t2 Med booster, though.

Get that Invulnerability field OFF! They use a ton of cap for little benefit. Instead, fit hardeners to counter the rats you are fighting. You can find out what damage they do by looking on Eve-I and searching for the names. Rule of thumb though is:-

Caldari ships/Guristas - Kinetic primary, Thermal secondary
Gallente ships/Sepentis&Coreli - Thermal primary, Kinetic secondary
Amarr ships/Sanshas & Blood Raiders - Em primary, Thermal secondary
Minmatar/Angels - All 4 damage types, so boost up your weak resistances. Shield's weak resists are EM, thermal, Armor is Explosive, Thermal & Kinetic depending on race.

Finally, low slots.

Get rid of the cargo expander. After the mission, dock up and get yourself an Industrial with Nanofibers, Sigil is the best one, and a 10nm AB. This does around 600m/s with skills and turns on a dime, while holding all the loot you can possibly pick up. If you cant fly an industrial, a Destroyer with cargo expanders and both a 1nm ab and mwd works well. Use the MWD for cans far away, and AB for cans under 10km (the MWD makes you overshoot the can ysee).

Warp core stabs!? WARP CORE STABS!? You dont need them, not in lvl3's, and if you EVER fit them, i will cry :p

Finally, I take it your talking about Capacitor Power Relays. These are all good for armor tanking, but NEVER for shield. They give you +20 capacitor recharge, but at the expense of -10 passive shield recharge rate, which if your sheild tanking is SILLY. Instead, use Power Diagnostic Systems. These give you 5% more grid, more cap, and a faster shield recharge rate.

If your having cap problems, fit 3 PDU's. If your not, it is time to SHOOT DAMAGE 4TW and fit Gyrostabs \o/

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Associate
Lostcorpse said:

I'm no expert (gets ready to be shot down by the more expert guys) but my setup is:

Thorax
3x250mm rails with Tungsten charges (33K opt, 45K hit range)
2x 125mm rails with tungsten
1x webifier
2x medium shield extenders
1x reactor control 1 or Pwer distribution thing, can't remember which
1x small armour repair
1x Co-processor 1
1x200mm titainium reinforced
1x100mm titanium reinforrced
4x hammerhead drones.

This gives me just over 2K each to shield and armour, and a 45K effective range with 96% CPU load and 97% powergrid. Ok, level 3 missions for me involve a lot of hit and warp the hell out, but I can get the job done eventually. I was running Angel Extravengaza yesterday, got through to stage 4 before the unschedualled down time, but it was the second time it'd reset due to down time. In terms of loot and bounties I made about 1.5M isk without agent rewards or bonuses, and had a good time to boot :)

I'd welcome suggestions to improve my setup, but bear in mind skills are limited, and I'm training Drone5 at the moment, with 5 days left.

Last edited:
Associate
My personal stabber setup, it owns bloods and sanshas

4x 220mm scout autocannons (Titanium Sabot for Guristas-drones/Phased Plasma for serp-blood-merc/Fusion for angels)
2x Assault Launchers

Y-S8 Afterburner
X5 Webifier
Cap Recharger

Medium Automated Repairer (Or Accomodation/Tech 2)
Thermal Hardener (Kinetic for guristas/explosive for angels)
Pneumatic Actuation Stabilizer

with my skills that gives me a 2.97x damage mod with a 2.02 rate of fire. BBQ's frigates that get within 10km and can roast cruisers pretty fast if you get into a 5km orbit and deactivate the afterburner. Ive had a 168 damage wrecking shot with those guns. and average hits are 30-50 damage

Associate
I've only got 176m/s speed, so an afterburner just eats cap and the little swines still catch me. I've found using a webifier slows the little blighters enough for my drones to toast them, and for my guns to hit them. I could do with a mwd, but I've got to get drones trained first.

Caporegime
Kinsy said:
Free pimp (Feek, STK/ASCN are big enough :p)

The Unassociated, in particular the Squirrels of War are looking for members.

PvP is what we Squirrels do, but the alliance has plenty of opportunities for you to do whatever you wish. 0.0 Access is on the cards (we have been there twice before now, fighting each time for a home) and we are currently recruiting just about anyone as long as your willing to fight.

We do not pirate - we shoot them. A lot.
don't listen to this one folks.. Kinsy is a Pirate, he has, or atleast had bounties on him :p

Soldato
Yea thanks to half of my alliance putting money on my head!

They were trying to stop me losing any more sec status killing pirates above -5 (if you do so you'll take a sec hit, and most part time pirates keep above this), because they had to fly my ships through 0.9 systems and above whenever we went out.

There's 11m ish on my head now after i got rid of its previous high of 100m. Not my fault people want to waste their money is it?

Back
Top Bottom