The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Man of Honour
Got a reactivation email on an alt about the Guristas hunt event, 10 days for 69p. Offer expires 27 March 2016.

10 days for only £2.99. Hunt, loot, and explore in the Guristas Hunt for 10 day. Explosions, loot, and spaceships… is there anything better?

Apparently there is something better - the same thing for 69p :S

The whole email kind of smacks of desperation though.

Commissario
I've got quite a horrible mission on the go - Smash the Supplier L4. I get in, manage to pop one, maybe two ships and then I have to run because I'm nearly in structure. That's with 89% and 85% resists in EM and thermal! There's a lot of damage coming in.

I've just gone to get an MJD so I can leap away and snipe it for a bit.

Commissario
So how does one get involved in the Guristas Hunt event?

I've just completed that mission and it took about an hour and a half to kill everything, including time to head off, pick up an MJD and train to level 1 for it.

Then another half hour to suck all the wrecks together and loot them. The total ISK from the tags and loot was a tad over 72 million and my lad picked up another 7 million from the salvage.

loot-20160321-234446.png

It was probably the trickiest L4 mission I've ever done!

Associate
Nice and worth it then! Did you still get the Amarr standing hit?

For the guristas hunt you simply warp to the beacons that are popping up in highsec and lowsec, the highsec one was pretty easy, just frigs and cruisers. You get an item at the end of it and they're going to give prizes for people with the most of them

Commissario
62 kills. 62 wrecks. I tried to get them at distance so say 30-50km away each. Mobile tractor sucks in at 1000m/s so a wreck 60km away takes a minute.

I'd say half an hour to loot it all was a conservative estimate.

Soldato
Then another half hour to suck all the wrecks together and loot them. The total ISK from the tags and loot was a tad over 72 million and my lad picked up another 7 million from the salvage.

loot-20160321-234446.png

It was probably the trickiest L4 mission I've ever done!

What do you do with those tags? Do you sell 'em for profit or do you horde them? I only ask as I have a metric ****ton of the things just sitting in various stations.

Commissario
I sell them. I generally wait until my "stuff to sell" can has about 100 mil of loot and then I haul it off to the nearest trade hub station for the region I'm in. Yes, I could probably get more if I shopped around or trading up some reprocessing skills for the loot but I just can't be bothered with that and I've got better things to train. Some of those tags are worth a fair bit.

Soldato
62 kills. 62 wrecks. I tried to get them at distance so say 30-50km away each. Mobile tractor sucks in at 1000m/s so a wreck 60km away takes a minute.

I'd say half an hour to loot it all was a conservative estimate.

Ah, Sounds like you dropped the MTU after killing stuff, you can drop the MTU as you start the site, it'll pull them in as you work through killing things :)

Associate
Lots of the things you buy from the LP store need tags as well as cash or items. I think that is the only end point use for them. Unless you can sell them to NPC orders :/

Commissario
Ah, Sounds like you dropped the MTU after killing stuff, you can drop the MTU as you start the site, it'll pull them in as you work through killing things :)
That's what I normally do and the first couple of times I warped in, I did chuck it out but pulled it back in quickly when I realised I was going to have to run. As a result, I don't think it picked anything up as I was in and out so quickly. After a couple of warp outs, I didn't even bother launching it as I knew I was going to be running away.

Soldato
That's what I normally do and the first couple of times I warped in, I did chuck it out but pulled it back in quickly when I realised I was going to have to run. As a result, I don't think it picked anything up as I was in and out so quickly. After a couple of warp outs, I didn't even bother launching it as I knew I was going to be running away.

You don't have to pull it in to warp, it won't disappear (like drones) from where you left space until the next daily reset.

Soldato

You have to be careful tough, I didn't know until recently but enemies target your MTU too. I only noticed this because I accidentally targeted my own MTU during a mission and it's shield strength was down to around 75%. Yes, they're tough sons of bitches and will probably takes hours and hours to destroy, but the danger is there.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's news to me. Can't say I've ever noticed that, sure it's not just smartbombs or similar? *shrugs*

We've setup over in nullsec at the moment, joining the goons vs everyone else war :D
So surreal flying gate to gate deep in nullsec with randoms in local all ignoring each other because we're not CFC! Some awesome banter made only better by various Goon affiliated alliances complaining about being blobbed by larger numbers... Most fun I've ever had in null :)

Back
Top Bottom