**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Brilliant fight but cannot figure which three rounds the judges gave to the winner.

for me, Lawler only took 2 and 5. Condit took 1, Lawler did very little and then 3 and 4 I don't see how those can be given to Lawler. Condit was constantly on the offensive, granted he landed a few counters but I don't see that he could justifiably win either of those rounds on that basis.

Brilliant fight but cannot figure which three rounds the judges gave to the winner.

for me, Lawler only took 2 and 5. Condit took 1, Lawler did very little and then 3 and 4 I don't see how those can be given to Lawler. Condit was constantly on the offensive, granted he landed a few counters but I don't see that he could justifiably win either of those rounds on that basis.

scorecards here.. http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/1/3/10703482/robbie-lawler-vs-carlos-condit-ufc-195-scorecard

Oh wow that was one heck of a way to bring in the New Year.

I was rooting for Condit and expected the decision to go his way but can see where the Judges gave the controversial round to Lawler. Both fighters showed absolute class and heart both in the fights and in the aftermath.

Last edited:
WHAT A FIGHT. Condit has an IRON chin how he stayed stood up ill never no. Personally Condits output was far superior imo and deserved the win. Hope Condit doesnt retire pure beast.

Interesting,

though I disagree with it, if anything you could call 3rd round 10 10 but I just don't see Lawler did enough to win it, he didn't really out perform Condit for it. You could tell the commentators thought Condit was ahead from the way they were talking about Lawler needing to go for a knockout in fifth.

Feel Condit got unlucky really and due to the styles, I think Lawler would dominate any rematch were it to happen, I think he'd have an easier time of figuring out condit and nullifying him vs Lawler taking opportunities on the counter

Time to get rid of the 10 point system. It just doesn't work in MMA.

I think a fight like Lawler Condit really supports your point. I had it slightly in favour for Condit on the cards but what a chin and what sportsmanship shown by Carlos.

A few great fights I found exciting, Tumenov Larkin & Brandao Ortega

Thought Condit won watching it live although I wasn't really watching it with a judging mindset, was just enjoying the fight mainly.

Watched it again just now and I think Robbie took it. It's all about round 3. It was close but I think Robbie edged it. Could have gone either way honestly.

Definitely not a robbery like some people are saying.

Back
Top Bottom