***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

OMFG! Those screenshots look epic, especially the cockpit view of the R8.

I cannot believe they have kept this so quiet for what must be a long time, I hope they make the October release. It's going to be an awesome end to the year. :D

Sounds like it will also feature the game rewind feature from Grid.

Last edited:
Let's just hope the damn thing has a decent selection of tracks. Buggered if I'm going backwards around Leguna Seca again!

There was a rumour going around the full Le Mans track is making an appearance in the game, only a rumour though.

Let's just hope the damn thing has a decent selection of tracks. Buggered if I'm going backwards around Leguna Seca again!

I don't think i've ever driven that track yet, and i've nearly completed it for the second time.
Or are you talking about mutiplayer?
I do agree with you though. The game needs more tracks. I'm really looking forward to the point to point races.
Hope they tone down the disk glow too, that just looked silly.

I don't think i've ever driven that track yet, and i've nearly completed it for the second time.
Or are you talking about mutiplayer?
I do agree with you though. The game needs more tracks. I'm really looking forward to the point to point races.
Hope they tone down the disk glow too, that just looked silly.

If you have not driven on Laguna Seca you have not played FM or FM2, simple as :D

After seeing the video editing video i'm hoping they aren't moving too far away from the full sim side that was in forza 2. There are already plenty of arcadey race games on the market, we don't need another one!

And where is Polyphony in all this with GT5 that was supposed to be out last year. GT5 was the reason I bought a PS3, there has been no update on GT5 for ages but it looks like FM3 has the ball now.

Wow! That looks like such a massive step up from FM2! I might just have to buy an xbox360 so i can play this whilst im eternally waiting for GT5. Actually that works out alright then it means i finally get a big library of rpgs to play too :p But seriously FM3 is looking sexual just hope they put plenty of official tracks in aswel as adding their own creations and plenty of point to point drift courses :cool: would it be asking too much for a track editor?

PS. The R8 model is actually wrong in the gamersyde video [/anal]

And where is Polyphony in all this with GT5 that was supposed to be out last year. GT5 was the reason I bought a PS3, there has been no update on GT5 for ages but it looks like FM3 has the ball now.

The Forza 3 package probably won't have the attention to detail but as a package it will be just as good they deliver on what we've seen so far. If GT isn't out before it, theres no point on GT5 tbh. It will remain to be seen but there is a reason why a development cycle takes so long or so short and either corners are cut or PS3 dev is just too hard for Polyphony.

Each car in "Forza Motorsport 3 is fully upgradable, allowing gear heads to take on the challenge of turning a Honda Civic into a supercar killer.

Season mode puts you through a completely personalized racing calendar that includes more than 200 different events, including Circuit, Oval, Drag, Drift and Timed Events

Sounds great to me. The thing is with T10 is that they have a huge community and they keep us informed and most of all, they listen to us. They have obviously taken on board the drift scene and it will be the first proper console racer/sim to have the ability to flip the car. Something that has perosnally bugged me for ages.

One downside is it may only have 8 cars at one time online. Not a huge loss as more cars can be absolute mayhem and most people quit if they have a slight bump anyway. We'll see.

I can see a lot of people giving the game stick for the game rewind feature.

It will probably be disabled if you set the game to Pro or whatever, like racing line etc. They want to make it accessible without crippling the physics. Easier to add a rewind than maybe stop the cars rolling or whatever. Makes a lot of sense to me, broadens the catchment. At the end of the day they could make the most realistic sim every but then only 10 people might buy it as its too hard.

Back
Top Bottom