***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

How on earth did you make such good skins? Please tell me you scanned images in for the Alba, not making it out of primitive shapes! :eek:

I'm tempted to fire up the 360 for the first time in about a month to play a bit of Forza2.
Nooo those weren't mine. They were user made skins, and amongst the most well known. Those images are simply from my review ages ago :) Think they're good, just look at THIS one :o

x1.jpg

My Skyline? Some guy on here did it for me (It is the painting of New York being blown up by Isaac Mendez in Heroes).

rp2000

I never get why chase view doesn't get enough love in these games. I almost always use it because when cars look this good I want to see them, rather than just a bonnet of in car.

I guess it's a habit I've carried over since daytona.

I never get why chase view doesn't get enough love in these games. I almost always use it because when cars look this good I want to see them, rather than just a bonnet of in car.

I guess it's a habit I've carried over since daytona.

I totally agree, since sega rally1 i used to always play in chase mode, untill i started to drive mroe seriously in forza1 that is, it's just easier to judge positioning in bonnet cam. I do find my self cycling through to external camera for exhaust sounds and then spinning it round to look at the lovely front quarters of a car whilst racing, many times as this led me into the sides.

Nothing more to say apart from i cant frickin wait. This better be goty or i will cry and continue to play it probably.

I pretty much had to use bonnet cam in forza 2 to be anything like good enough. The handling just seemed much easier and better than chase view. I dont think they put enough effort into chase view handling these days and I can understand why, but I just love to see the car :D All the dents and damage etc.

Mixed feelings, seems to focus less on the hardcore racer.
Looks the way FM2 should have but i feel SHIFT and GT5 wont be any worse looking and possible better in some ways.

The video concentrates on drifting, high excitment skids and talk of a single "one button" control system (err auto brakes and auto gears), plus a rewind feature (err Grid). Seems their doing what they can to get more people into the franchise with a simplier and wider scope rather than making the franchise more realistic or indeed like a seasoned racer.

Also the graphics seem very vivid with oversaturated colours, again more arcade looking than aiming for realisim.
Do like the idea of it having 100 tracks, that was FM2 worst factor.
400 cars though is not the boast they talk of as GT4 had over 400 and GT5 is due to have 700-800 so sorry Mr Greenawalt but its not going to have the most cars and its nmot going to be the best looking neither judging by the graphic style used and whats now been shown of GT5.

It is great to see the release in October though and its still going to be a good game...

Concerns:
No weather mentioned
No Day/Night racing
OMG still only 8 cars on track?
Game going more boy racer or need for speedish?

Still excited to hopefully see a demo for summer maybe as that would compete with the SHIFT one coming in summer
Gonna have to order that Fanatec Turbo S wheel now i guess and 2 more X360s for the cockpit...

Last edited:
Great to see the release in October...

Concerns:
No weather mentioned
No Day/Night racing
OMG still only 8 cars on track?
Game going more boy racer or need for speedish?

Still excited to hopefully see a demo for summer to compete with the SHIFT one coming?
Gonna have to order that Turbo S wheel now i guess and 2 more X360s

I with you on most of those concerns apart from the boy racer. Drifting became a fairly big part of the forza2 community and they're being catered for in the upcoming modes. Whilst the drag mode is just a single point to point track which shows promise for me as i think they will put other point to points in with it... thinking hillclimb for example.

But more cars on track would be nice, weather and night time would be nice but they're not going to be game breaking for myself.

I with you on most of those concerns apart from the boy racer. Drifting became a fairly big part of the forza2 community and they're being catered for in the upcoming modes. Whilst the drag mode is just a single point to point track which shows promise for me as i think they will put other point to points in with it... thinking hillclimb for example.

But more cars on track would be nice, weather and night time would be nice but they're not going to be game breaking for myself.

Drifting isnt racing, not to me and im not even interested in the drifting trials on GT5P. Yes it is a very big part of the FM2 community as the user video example showed that, sorry i dont want to create drift videos of impossible moves, i just want to enjoy racing and preferrably with more than 7 competitors...

Seems a shame but honestly SHIFT could prove to offer better racing than this?

Drifting isnt racing, not to me and im not even interested in the drifting trials on GT5P. Yes it is a very big part of the FM2 community as the user video example showed that, sorry i dont want to create drift videos of impossible moves, i just want to enjoy racing and preferrably with more than 7 competitors...

Seems a shame but honestly SHIFT could prove to offer better racing than this?

Hate to come out and say it but then just don't race in drift races and ignore them.

Saying shift could be better is one hell of a long shot going by past works from both studios. I personally have faith in Turn10 in that they will make forza3 as good an experiance if not better than forza3, with a better ui and music to boot hopefully. We can only wait untill they release more about it though.

Just been watching the DG intrview on gametrailers, confirmed there will be some SUV's and "Smaller cars" so could be a nice interesting mix, 400 seems like so many cars, but then you think of the 200+ at least that'll be coming from FM2, and it seems like a small amount, just hope there is a lot more car and track DLC, weekly car or monthly pack etc :D

Back
Top Bottom