***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

It takes longer than one go to get good with the wheel :p

I bought one mainly for Forza 3, but F2 is great as well.

Just couldn't be doing with it on my lap, and was carp with it as well!

Which wheel are you guys talking about? The new fanatec one or the MS official wheel?

I had the MS one. Another thing I didn't like about it was the off centre wheel, put me off a little bit.

But I can see how it'd be more fun with one.

I will be buying the new fanatec wheel for this game. Still gutted there won't be any DFP/DFP GT support for the xbox.

I can shed some light on the pedal situation....

You wont be gutted at all when you use the Turbo S, theirs no comparison with a wheel like the GT or indeed the X360 wheel.

Its superior in many ways over the G25 but in general is much smoother, its more accurate when steering, has stronger FFB and has a vibrating rumble feature that is linked to the throttle pedal which gives a limited tactile transducer sensation (Like a Buttkicker you can feel the engine vibration). The other main benifits is more buttons on the wheel inc D-PAD over the G25 and the wheel itself is thicker and comfier particulary on long sessions. G25 thumb cramps wont be missed on those extended late night playing. Finally you can change FFB strengths and other settings via the wheels own LCD display unlike any other wheel all without having to exit and independent of the games settings.

Im currently using/testing the similar GT3RS wheel with a "beta" (adapter cable) which allows the connection of the Logitech G25 pedals to be used with the GT3RS & Turbo S wheels.

I would say you should consider your options when purchasing the Turbo S wheel (i already have one on order) If you price the wheel on its own its much cheaper than purchasing the wheel with the Fanatec plastic pedals and assuming your not fussed about their shifters. With the current prices of the G25 (unsure if still available at the recent bargin prices) but it may be a smart move to use/purchase a G25 use the pedals of it (the G25 pedals are better than the Fanatec plastic pedals) and this could still be cheaper plus give you a wheel to use on PC/PS3.

The expensive Clubsport Pedals will not give the same benifits on a console as they do on a PC. The reason is when these are plugged directly into the wheel (PS3 & X360) the resolution/steps of motion within the pedals is greatly reduced to that of USB and PC connection.

Ive not been any quicker really with the Clubsport Pedals compared to the G25 pedals both with the GT3RS wheel and GT5P. So its fair to say yes their is a noticable improvement in feeling and response in comparing the wheels but as yet im a bit miffed that i cant go quicker with the CSP over the G25 pedals. They do however look the part and feel better under your foot. Id say with more customisation than the G25 peedals this allows you to gain more comfort or indeed a setting preference. If the user is also a PC gamer then they have more to gain and if the price of the Clubsport pedals isnt an issue for you then yes go for them. Ive bought mine so will probably stick them in the cockpit as they look better of course as well and if i ever upgrade to triplehead PC sims then they will show their benifits their with improved precision moreso in game like R-Factor.

Thomas from Fanatec hasnt denied or indeed confirmed yet if the CSP "brake rumble" which simulates flatspotting will or wont work with FM3. Although the wheel is being tested/developed by Turn 10 it could be a possible feature (which only the CS) pedals support. Dont hold your breath though.

Hope it helps but FM3 will be in a different league with this quality of wheel over the sensation/fun a pad will offer.

Last edited:
All this wheel talk is too much for me, granted, I only bought a very cheap logitech wheel, but I'm still learning it, let alone in Forza, where I struggle like a Viper on ice! :(

Forza 3 could be a padder for me! :D

Mr Latte,

Was hoping I'd see you around these parts . . . I have a g25 and I'm looking at my upgrade path here. The 'pure' version seems to be the best, am I right in thinking over time I can upgrade it to be identical to the 'clubsport' version?

I've got a lot of money to spend on my *real* car atm, I can't justify the full wack, doubly so when I have a g25 sitting here!

If you buy the PURE edition wheel that comes with just the wheel itself:

The only difference im aware of between buying the "Complete Clubsport Package" than buying as seperate items is a luxury rubber mat on the pedals. Check out the comparison chart on their site.

Fanatec do offer a quite unique selling aspect by allowing customers to purchase what they want or need and with the upcoming adapters you can use the G25 or X360 pedals. These are expected around September but testing ive been doing with a beta G25 adapter is working fine.

Extras:
Shifters (Sequential & H-Shift available)
PS3 Wireless Dongle (Turbos S Only)
Pedals (Standard plastic available or aluminium Clubsports)

Considering the sheer number of racing games appearing and with this being the only wheel coming on the market with PC/PS3/X360 support it isnt cheap but its brillant value for multiplatform console owners. Fanatec is the best wheel ive owned and like i said before if your into FM3 and want the best from what the game can provide this will be a huge leap in quality over the X360 wheel.

(Past wheels ive owned: Thrustmaster/Sidewinder/Logitech GT/Microsoft Wireless 360/Logitech G25/Fanatec GT3RS/Fanatec Turbo S on order)

Last edited:
I dont own a shifter yet (use paddles)

The wheel i believe allows connection to the left or right hand side having a plug point at each side. The tubes slide though the wheel to attach the shifter. However the shifter itself is aparently best hardmounted/screwed to a flat surface. Reports i have read state that the H-Shifter on these is much stiffer than say a G25.

Oh bugger, I really wish I hadnt wandered into this thread,I so want a fanatec wheel now:(

Are there many stand type things available? I do have the MS wheel already, so i might just make do with a stand.

Even worse for me..

The master plan is to get another PS3 (sold my last late last year!) for GT5 as well as FM3, as I love all driving games, however, cost of Fanatec wheel = cost of PS3 (just about).. and I can't afford both!..

Decisions, Decisions...

Would £50 be a good price for a 2nd hand official wheel? Brother of a friend has one, literally used a handful of times, really enjoying the Logitech wheel, but if I could grab one of these for £45-50...hmmm

If you buy the PURE edition wheel that comes with just the wheel itself:

The only difference im aware of between buying the "Complete Clubsport Package" than buying as seperate items is a luxury rubber mat on the pedals. Check out the comparison chart on their site.

Fanatec do offer a quite unique selling aspect by allowing customers to purchase what they want or need and with the upcoming adapters you can use the G25 or X360 pedals. These are expected around September but testing ive been doing with a beta G25 adapter is working fine.

Extras:
Shifters (Sequential & H-Shift available)
PS3 Wireless Dongle (Turbos S Only)
Pedals (Standard plastic available or aluminium Clubsports)

Considering the sheer number of racing games appearing and with this being the only wheel coming on the market with PC/PS3/X360 support it isnt cheap but its brillant value for multiplatform console owners. Fanatec is the best wheel ive owned and like i said before if your into FM3 and want the best from what the game can provide this will be a huge leap in quality over the X360 wheel.

(Past wheels ive owned: Thrustmaster/Sidewinder/Logitech GT/Microsoft Wireless 360/Logitech G25/Fanatec GT3RS/Fanatec Turbo S on order)

Well, it certainly looks that way, and as I already have a g25 it seems the best budget way in. However I'd be so annoyed if I later found out I'm stuck with a 'budget' version of something.

The main thing the clubsport/full versions talk about is the 'paddle shift'. Does the pure have little buttons, and the others metal paddle shifts? It seems to imply I could buy these at a later date but I can't actually find them . .

How does the Logitech DriveFX Axial wheel measure up to the official one? I've got a Momo wheel for the PC at the moment, would the lack of proper force feedback feel like a backwards step in comparison?

Would love to get a wheel purchased before release and get some practice in on Forza 2.

Yeah I'll need a lot of practice with whatever I go for anyway, not great with a wheel but its way more fun. It does seem good for the price I'm just a little worried the feedback won't feel so great but theres such a gap in price I could be persuaded. Good thing is I've got 90 odd days to make the decision, bad thing is 90 odd days til I can play the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom