***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

The main thing the clubsport/full versions talk about is the 'paddle shift'. Does the pure have little buttons, and the others metal paddle shifts? It seems to imply I could buy these at a later date but I can't actually find them . .

The original 911 Wheel came with plastic paddles
Fanatec used to sell the aluminium screw on adapters seperate (in Pure form)
The GT3RS arrived with both the aluminium & matching small black metal paddles to screw on
The aluminium paddles were taken off the online store and no longer available as seperate item purchase
Turbo S photos do not show the paddles on the wheel.
I can only assume they will come with at least the new black metal or perhaps both like the GT3RS aluminium paddle (see ohotos)

The Aluminium ones stick out a lot further and its tighter to get your fingers in between the wheel and the paddle. New shorter black metal ones dont have this issue and users can easily screw in the ones they prefer (2x small screws in each)

My PC at home is on the blink but i have photos showing the differences and also on dismantling the CS Pedals to invert them upside down.

Will be doing a thread on GTF when PC is sorted and also a close look at the wheel vs the G25 in a console perspective mainly on GT5P.
Its surprising the differences. Also that something i havnt seen done in detail properly yet in any reviews.

Last edited:
I've never tried an official one, but the logitech seems very good, just need a LOT more practie with it, but for £20, no complaints at all!

Tim in reviews done at the time each wheel had slight benifits in certain areas but neither was really much better/worse in general than the other.
I wouldnt recommend purchasing the official wheel over what you have as £50 that wouldnt be well spent, not when you have the Logitech.

Gotta say kinda surprised the Fanatec wheel for X360 isnt causing more of a stir, particulary with the Forza community and it being developed for the game. Weird as on many forums for the last couple of years weve seen so much moaning over no G25 support on X360. Yet the Fanatec wheel is coming and is much better in many areas than the G25 (hence my own excitment with it)

Will have a thread within about a week that will show G25/X360/GT3RS in good photo detail with some nice comparisons, heres not the place for that but such a thread may help people to realise the differences and if anything go some way to justifying the cost of the product. When reviews come for the Turbo S wheel i have no doubts it will be very well received and it will cause much more interest when FM3 is released. Problem with Fanatec is their long delivery Pre Order times, hence why ive mine coming with the first batch.

Last edited:
Looking forward to hearing more Latte :) Always loved your reviews, and when are you gonna let me move into your games room?

The Fanatec wheel looks amazing, I would really love to get one, but right now, can't justify the cost for something that actually hampers my gameplay, I've no doubt with the Logitech wheel I'll keep getting closer and closer to my pad performance and then surpass it, with practice, but right now I'll just see how things go, might start Forza 3 afresh with a wheel like I did on FM2 with no assists and just work at it from the word go.

Either way, hope to be in more than 1 race with you in Fm3 mate :)

not sure if people have seen some of the new screenies or not:

image_forza_motorsport_3-10821-1856.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_3-11031-1856.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_3-11133-1856.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_3-11236-1-9.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_3-11236-1-8.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_3-11236-1-7.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_3-11236-1-6.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_3-11236-1-5.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_3-11236-1-4.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_3-11236-1-3.jpg

Nice screens, altough the Scuderia & Superleggera are only in the LE. :rolleyes:

Infact all those screens look like the content I read at IGN as being in the LE version (except the top three).

Talk about an utter **** take.

Nice screens, altough the Scuderia & Superleggera are only in the LE. :rolleyes:

Infact all those screens look like the content I read at IGN as being in the LE version (except the top three).

Talk about an utter **** take.

I'm quite sure they'll be available as DLC and you pay more for an LE edition usually, so nothing to cry about tbh.

I'm quite sure they'll be available as DLC and you pay more for an LE edition usually, so nothing to cry about tbh.

The Forza 2 LE cars are not available as DLC AFAIK. So why would this be any different?

I don't get this whole LE thing with games, why not just release all the cars in the normal edition.

Seems as though I'm going to have to stump up the extra cash to get the LE so I get the Scuderia & the Superleggera.

Pre-Orderd the LE version yesterday :D need a good racing sim gettin bored of all the arcadey stuff lately

Where from? (if you can say).

Are there any in-game screenshots or video yet? I never even bother with replays so the screens above, as pretty as they are, mean nothing to me. Having said that I loved Forza 2 so I'm really looking forward to it - just want to see some 'real' screenshots

Sorry cant say as i have just been informed, If it helps it was £46 to pre-order the LE which is lowsit ive found anywere.

Last edited:
Are there any in-game screenshots or video yet? I never even bother with replays so the screens above, as pretty as they are, mean nothing to me. Having said that I loved Forza 2 so I'm really looking forward to it - just want to see some 'real' screenshots

http://www.gamersyde.com/game_1856_en.html

There has been videos of the game since the get go. Not direct captures though.

Although photo/replay mode isn't accurate, you can clearly see the car detail has been ramped up considerably and things look much more accurate. You only need to look at the lights one some of the FM2 cars to compare the dramatic difference.

Really looking forward to this. Searching for the LE version on google.co.uk brings up results on the main sites. £60 isn't too bad imo.

Hey Mark just a heads up that this forum doesnt allow competitors names.

Right I wasnt going to get this but I am now.......Just thought you lot should all know :D

Cheers Zensuji ill remove it =) just wasnt 100% sure if they were classed as a competitor. Just looked at the link and the lotus evora looks very nice think when i do have the game i shall be buying that car.

Last edited:
http://www.gamersyde.com/game_1856_en.html

There has been videos of the game since the get go. Not direct captures though.

Although photo/replay mode isn't accurate, you can clearly see the car detail has been ramped up considerably and things look much more accurate. You only need to look at the lights one some of the FM2 cars to compare the dramatic difference.

Really looking forward to this. Searching for the LE version on google.co.uk brings up results on the main sites. £60 isn't too bad imo.

A big chain is offering it up for £55 and a free BMW E92 M3 bonus car, if you use the promo code 'lastminute09' you get £5 knocked off the LE making it £49.99.
(think that code works on everything over £50)

A big chain is offering it up for £55 and a free BMW E92 M3 bonus car, if you use the promo code 'lastminute09' you get £5 knocked off the LE making it £49.99.
(think that code works on everything over £50)

Nice it works on multiple items as well as I just went through 4 pre-orders each of them was for 2 games.....so you just saved me £20.....cheers M8 <3 :D

Back
Top Bottom