***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Associate
I still think a 24 month contract is mad, but if it suits individuals that's the point!:) I think I will go giffgaff....unlimited Internet forever!:) but where i am currently in Northern Ireland the nearest 3G signal is over 45 minutes drive away, so pointless.......

Associate
As incredible as it sounds, i think i claim the prize for first hardware failure. Just started charging it up and then it just turned off. It is still plugged into the charger now, but nothing on screen or anything. Will try a few things, but looks like a return back tomorrow.

Man of Honour
Galaxy Nexus Review Part 1: Hardware Overview (Video)

From our time with the device, we can safely say there is no going back. Every piece of Android hardware from this day on will be judged not on the speed of its processor or its pixel density but on whether it is running Ice Cream Sandwich. The Galaxy Nexus has a market lead so vast as to be a chasm; the experience is just that much better.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/11/17/galaxy-nexus-review-part-1-hardware-overview-video/

Associate
No USB mass storage mode! I know it wasn't in honeycomb but thought it would be back in ICS. Unfortunately this is a show stopper for me as I need to be able to easily transfer files other than pictures and media. Looks like a further wait until cyanogen patches it up then :(

Associate
No USB mass storage mode! I know it wasn't in honeycomb but thought it would be back in ICS. Unfortunately this is a show stopper for me as I need to be able to easily transfer files other than pictures and media. Looks like a further wait until cyanogen patches it up then :(

Not a perfect solution perhaps but I often used to use SwiFTP anyway - works over your wifi and means you don't have to plug the thing in. Also DropBox (or equivalent) would do a similar job, albeit in a 2-step process.

Associate
Not a perfect solution perhaps but I often used to use SwiFTP anyway - works over your wifi and means you don't have to plug the thing in. Also DropBox (or equivalent) would do a similar job, albeit in a 2-step process.

I have to transfer files to isolated PCs with no internet access or wifi. Game over . This was one of the main reasons why I never tried IOS.

Permabanned
It really confuses me as to why they'd remove USB mass storage. I kinda feel like I'm not getting what's happened. Have they removed the ability to connect your phone to your PC, and drag & drop things to and from it?

Maybe I'm not getting it because it seems like a ridiculous move to make, and I don't get how or why anyone would have thought it'd be a good idea. Especially since these don't have Micro SD slots.

Permabanned
Apparently, you get Spotify premium (worth £10/month) for life of contract with The One Plan

I just looked this up, and unfortunately you dont get it for the life of the contract, only for two months:

http://www.store-3.co.uk/free-spotify-premium-trials-on-three.html

Hmmm, and then I read this:

http://www.itproportal.com/2011/07/...-away-free-spotify-premium-accounts-one-plan/

Apparently you activate the 2 month trial when you get your phone, and they dont cancel it, or charge you after the 2 month trial ends, but leave it on for free. Thats just a mistake it seems.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Ohhhh, no USB storage seems like a huge step backwards!

Is tethering supported without needing apps? I already paid for easytether on my X10 mini pro and that can be transferred to a new handset and number anyway, but even my mini pro had USB storage!

Plug phone to PC, select 'Connect phone to PC', and a window pops up asking if you want to view files allowing transfer to and from the memory stick. And easytether is awesome - connect phone to PC > right click easytether > connect via android device, done!

Soldato
Es File Explorer, I don't see any reason why I'd need USB Mass Storage. That doesn't mean that the general public don't need an easy way though (I'm not saying there isn't, I don't have the phone :)).

Back
Top Bottom