***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Associate
I use Samba Filesharing to transfer files over wifi at home. Don't know what i'm going to do at work where the wireless is on a different network to my machine!

Soldato
ES File Explorer is free, excellent app IMO. It can browse everything on the phone as well as anything on the network you're on. It has FTP too I think, although I've never used it so can't comment on how good that is.

Soldato
No USB mass storage mode! I know it wasn't in honeycomb but thought it would be back in ICS. Unfortunately this is a show stopper for me as I need to be able to easily transfer files other than pictures and media. Looks like a further wait until cyanogen patches it up then :(

You still can! Windows 7 just gives me warnings saying the device might not be able to handle the files but I just clicked ignore!
Linux is another matter. It doesn't work but I think there are some drivers out there that might enable this.
On OSX you have to download a driver that the Android team have provided, the phone provides a URL when you plug it in.

Associate
Terrible picture, I know.

DSC_0241.jpg

Soldato
The face unlock is a novelty and even recognised my ugly mug in bed this morning. So onto battery life so far:

galaxynexus14.jpg
galaxynexus15.jpg

I'd be more than happy with this.

To be honest, I'm quite happy with a battery that can last a day. I think the power has depleted on my Desire's battery as it's lucky to last 8 hours on one charge!

Anyways, has anyone played any 720p content yet on their Nexus?

Soldato
Does it not even have MMI mode where it shows up as a "device" in windows instead of the classic USB mass storage mode?

Edit: I swear my tester did but as you saw earlier, testers don't look like the real thing :)

Soldato
Does it not even have MMI mode where it shows up as a "device" in windows instead of the classic USB mass storage mode?

Edit: I swear my tester did but as you saw earlier, testers don't look like the real thing :)

Yeah that is what I used to copy all my documents over. It doesn't matter if the files aren't media related.

Associate
Has anyone tried Spotify on it yet? I'm looking to find out if there is anyway to search within a playlist on ICS? on older version of Android you just held menu until the keyboard appears but its not possible on Honeycomb.

Associate
surely most people are using google music by now?

I have Google Music but in all honesty it fails, I don't just want to listen to the music I already own and I don't want to buy songs, I like the simplicity of paying £10 per month and getting everything thrown in.

Now if Google music starting a streaming service similar to Spotify then I would be all over it. Same would go for a decent movie streaming service, but alas I will likely be waiting a long time.

Soldato
Has anyone tried Spotify on it yet? I'm looking to find out if there is anyway to search within a playlist on ICS? on older version of Android you just held menu until the keyboard appears but its not possible on Honeycomb.

This is very important - I am a keen Spotify user so they need to sort this out.

Anyway what's the craic on Phones4U getting these sim-free today (as they promised?)

A mate's been told to buy a Galaxy Tab in Oxford and various reports around the UK that P4U haven't got a friggin' clue what's going on....

Last edited:
Associate
I got my nexus it feels small and tiny like a petite woman but i have a problem.

I can clearly see dirt underneath the screan specially on this background for the forum.

Ill get it replaced next week as there is no huge rush but has anyone else got thos problem?

Back
Top Bottom