***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Seems people who ordered new contracts with P4U are getting their phones this morning via Citylink. People like me who have upgraded via P4U are yet to receive their phones and apparently are getting via Royalmail.

25u3y15.png

Tried the tracking number and "Information on your item is not yet available online." :(

Not looking likely I'll receive today, at least it has been dispatched I guess and I have a tracking number to follow now.

And hello once again Uvarvu, I was the guy behind you in the queue.
What on earth happened to the guy who was there since midnight.. Or did you just go right to the till and pull out cash :P

LOL hey! The guy queueing since midnight went in and started chatting to the staff. He seemed to be obsessed with Andy Rubin and wanted to know if he was going to make an appearance. I looked at a demo phone for around 10 seconds before going straight to the till. The guy who runs that google shop and was handing out the screen cleaners was second.

Thought this would be the best place to ask; How long does the support for Google phones typically last? Has the Nexus One been kept up to date for example, will it be getting ICS?

I ask because I was but miffed that my Desire was left behind and I want to make sure my next choice of phone will be supported for at least two years.

Can anyone advise me on the legal position regarding Phones4U's clear advertising of a £549 price? People are telling me if a company quotes a price, they must stick to that price come what may, but I've also been told that that piece of legislation recently changed?

Thought this would be the best place to ask; How long does the support for Google phones typically last? Has the Nexus One been kept up to date for example, will it be getting ICS?

I ask because I was but miffed that my Desire was left behind and I want to make sure my next choice of phone will be supported for at least two years.

Root and you'll never have that problem

Can anyone advise me on the legal position regarding Phones4U's clear advertising of a £549 price? People are telling me if a company quotes a price, they must stick to that price come what may, but I've also been told that that piece of legislation recently changed?

Besides the tweet, what other proof is there that it's been priced at £549.99?

The price is an invitation to purchase, you can accept or decline the invitation and they company can also decline a sale They have no legal responcibility to give it to you at the lower price as long as they make you aware of the correct price at the point of sale.

The vanilla/stock Nexus phones will get the Google updates as an when Google release them OTA. Some branded Nexus handsets don't receive the updates like the unbranded ones do. My Nexus One didn't.

I believe ICS is only going back as far as the Nexus S, so the Nexus One will miss out.

I'm not sure whether/when HTC and the Networks will release ICS updates to their older (Desire etc) handsets.

Does it say £549 in store? If they are call trading standards and they'll get a fine for their troubles (if they don't correct it immediately).

Last edited:
Besides the tweet, what other proof is there that it's been priced at £549.99?

6 Tweets :D and just my phonecall to the store this morning

The price is an invitation to purchase, you can accept or decline the invitation and they company can also decline a sale They have no legal responcibility to give it to you at the lower price as long as they make you aware of the correct price at the point of sale.

Thanks dude. Has this changed recently then? I've spoken to a few people who seem absolutely sure that a company always has to honour the price, but I remember hearing what you've said tbh.

Does it say £549 in store? If they are call trading standards and they'll get a fine for their troubles.

Nah, just Twitter and on the phone :(

Well the Nexus 1 isn't getting the official ICS upgrade but has had every upgrade previous to this, it is coming up to 2 years old now so thats not to bad.

Not bad. Two years is acceptable.

Root and you'll never have that problem

I am rooted and running a custom ROM but to be honest I'd rather just have the updates pushed, especially while I'm still in contract.

The vanilla/stock Nexus phones will get the Google updates as an when Google release them OTA. Some branded Nexus handsets don't receive the updates like the unbranded ones do. My Nexus One didn't.

I believe ICS is only going back as far as the Nexus S, so the Nexus One will miss out.

I'm not sure whether/when HTC and the Networks will release ICS updates to their older (Desire etc) handsets.

I always try and avoid branded handsets as it usually causes problems when it comes to updating.

Thanks dude. Has this changed recently then? I've spoken to a few people who seem absolutely sure that a company always has to honour the price, but I remember hearing what you've said tbh.

It's always been the case, since a shop can decline a sale for any reason they want (ignoring not wanting to sell to a certain race etc.). What they can't do is accept payment and then say it was a pricing error and ask for more/cancel the sale.

That might not be correct but it's how I've always thought it worked. A lot of the time places will honour pricing errors for the sake of PR, so this may be where the confusion comes from :).

Back
Top Bottom