***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

6 Tweets :D and just my phonecall to the store this morning

Thanks dude. Has this changed recently then? I've spoken to a few people who seem absolutely sure that a company always has to honour the price, but I remember hearing what you've said tbh.

Nah, just Twitter and on the phone :(

I think the legislation is that they don't have to sell the item to you at all if ths price is wrong, but they can't insist you pay a larger amount, it's either their displayed price or not at all. They've also got to fix the mistake straight away. I don't think either of that soles on this situation though as it was just a tweet.rather than a sticker price on store.

Many thanks, also Welcome!

Cheers :d

Are you the guy with his finger up his nose? :D

galaxynexus7.jpg

Welcome aboard :)

Nope, im the guy in the beige jacket in front of him... Always facing away from all cameras :P

LOL hey! The guy queueing since midnight went in and started chatting to the staff. He seemed to be obsessed with Andy Rubin and wanted to know if he was going to make an appearance. I looked at a demo phone for around 10 seconds before going straight to the till. The guy who runs that google shop and was handing out the screen cleaners was second.

Wow, His obsession with Andy Rubin was insane... Almost stalker-ish...
Congrats on being the 1st :) Im sure i was only a few after you...

Im yet to restore all my backups from my old phone... but so far this device is amazing.

I went from the shop to my house... changed clothes... then to a client.
For a full 2 hours people there were drooling over the phone.
Its as wide as an S2 but approx 8mm Taller (didnt have a ruler :P)
Everyone loved it, loved the camera and the software.

A Faithful iPhone user who gave up on android back in the days of the Magic went to the store during his lunch break to buy one. He was so amazed - and he has a 4 week old iP 4S hes now selling. He is now an Android Revert :P

I think the legislation is that they don't have to sell the item to you at all if ths price is wrong, but they can't insist you pay a larger amount, it's either their displayed price or not at all. They've also got to fix the mistake straight away. I don't think either of that soles on this situation though as it was just a tweet.rather than a sticker price on store.

Yeah, they can't purposely mis-price an item then ask more for it, so once notified they'd have to change the display price/not sell the item/sell the item for the cheaper display price.

Ive noticed a couple of things and wanted to see if its the same across all GNs.

Once the battery has reached 100% on charger it starts to go down again... Now im not sure if this is because the battery is still new or not but its very odd behaviour.

Ive tried leaving it on charge for a while and once it went up to 100% it started to go down till it reached 97%

I did (By Accident) fail to charge the battery fully the first time so im worried this may have caused the issue

2nd Issue that ive noticed is when using face unlock there is a few seconds delay from when the lockscreen comes up and when the camera actually switches on. Im sure that in all the videos everywhere that it's almost instant.

Anyone else notice these things or is mine playing up?

Ive noticed a couple of things and wanted to see if its the same across all GNs.

Once the battery has reached 100% on charger it starts to go down again... Now im not sure if this is because the battery is still new or not but its very odd behaviour.

Ive tried leaving it on charge for a while and once it went up to 100% it started to go down till it reached 97%

I did (By Accident) fail to charge the battery fully the first time so im worried this may have caused the issue

2nd Issue that ive noticed is when using face unlock there is a few seconds delay from when the lockscreen comes up and when the camera actually switches on. Im sure that in all the videos everywhere that it's almost instant.

Anyone else notice these things or is mine playing up?

Trickle charge is where it keeps the phone topped up, but a lot of phones don't do that.

Mine takes roughly one second for the camera to turn on.

3 have said that I will get mine on tuesday.

Also regarding the P4U price, unless the advertised price stated an expiration date, or 'subject to chage', they shouldnt be allowed to increase the price.

Seems people who ordered new contracts with P4U are getting their phones this morning via Citylink. People like me who have upgraded via P4U are yet to receive their phones and apparently are getting via Royalmail.

Tried the tracking number and "Information on your item is not yet available online." :(

Not looking likely I'll receive today, at least it has been dispatched I guess and I have a tracking number to follow now.

Didn't know they had the live chat thing. I just tried it and they said my phone was dispatched yesterday and gave me the courier tracking number. :)

Going to pick it up on the way home from work.

Last edited:
taken from XDA -

phones4u-nexus-exclusive_2.jpg

Looks as though we may need to wait until the 2nd for this phone sim free.

I don't know if I can wait that long. I may just fork out the extra £100 to have it NOW!

taken from XDA -

I don't know if I can wait that long. I may just fork out the extra £100 to have it NOW!

Does that mean CPW and it's sister sites will have to wait 2 weeks before fulfilling orders?

Went into a local P4U store.
Guy wanted to sell me the handset for £650 and claimed they had exclusivity of the product. Then he went on about tariffs and was coming up with phone prices much higher than online even when I told him what I saw. Fools work at these stores...

taken from XDA -

They're saying "multi-network stockist" though, and shops like Handtec and Clove sell sim-free so presumably it doesn't matter?

Back
Top Bottom