*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

I wanted to keep mine without a case, but I know what will happen to the screen if I do that, and despise screen protectors so I went for one of the slimline Poetic cases which will double as a stand for coach/train based viewing.

I just hope it doesn't add too much to thickness of it.. but we'll see!

Can i buy the 8gb at a local store and if yes love to hear which one, looked online at a few off the big high street stores and only found 16gb's is this the case that I can only get the 8gb online from google themselfs.

Kenneth.

Nexus 7 Dock review -

http://hemorrdroids.net/nexus-7-dock/

IMG_38011-290x290.jpg

Ok so ive had my nexus 7 for a couple of days. Today i went to change the brightness of the screen all of a sudden the screen went blank. Rebooted the device. Google logo pops up along with the nexus logo then again blank screen. Done a bit of searching on google people saying there is a bug with auto brightness and to try holding a torch to the screen so that the screen automatically brightens. Tried this with no avail. Tried to do a hard reset now holding the power and volume buttons down. I now have an android man lieing down but cannot scroll through the menu to carry out a hard boot reset!!! Whats going on! Bottom left hand corner says Lock State - LOCKED.
So not happy. Do i take it back to tesco or do i have to RMA it with google now?

Ok so ive had my nexus 7 for a couple of days. Today i went to change the brightness of the screen all of a sudden the screen went blank. Rebooted the device. Google logo pops up along with the nexus logo then again blank screen. Done a bit of searching on google people saying there is a bug with auto brightness and to try holding a torch to the screen so that the screen automatically brightens. Tried this with no avail. Tried to do a hard reset now holding the power and volume buttons down. I now have an android man lieing down but cannot scroll through the menu to carry out a hard boot reset!!! Whats going on! Bottom left hand corner says Lock State - LOCKED.
So not happy. Do i take it back to tesco or do i have to RMA it with google now?

i had the lying down android man the day i bought my device, I think I got past that by having the tablet connected to my pc with the usb and doing the hard reset again.

I never had the black screen problem though...

If that doesn't work try installing the Nexus root toolkit on your Pc as there are a few options to kick start the tablet.

I installed a JB rom onto a Xoom for someone today and have to say it was so damn heavy and too large. I don't think I could go back to that size.

Cool story.

Where can i check what model/version my nexus is.

Thinking of sending mine back for screen bleed also the charger port is really loose

Cool story.

Where can i check what model/version my nexus is.

Thinking of sending mine back for screen bleed also the charger port is really loose

It will be on the serial number. It will either be C7O, C8O or C9O. And yes that is the letter "o" in CAPS. Not the number "0". Either on the back of your Nexus 7 on the bottom or on the box or within the warranty booklet that came with it.

It will be on the serial number. It will either be C7O, C8O or C9O. And yes that is the letter "o" in CAPS. Not the number "0". Either on the back of your Nexus 7 on the bottom or on the box or within the warranty booklet that came with it.

Thanks

Its a c7O only had it a short while as well

N7 volume/headphone/speaker socket problem.

Hi everyone,

I love my N7 but have a few probs.

The sound volume is very low even when on max. I took it back to Carphone Warehouse, but when compared to their demo model, it was the same! They suggested getting a plug in speaker, which I got from the local O2 shop, it’s an X-mini v 1.1 (on a deal from O2 @ £9.99) but it doesn’t work very well ‘cos the N7 speaker socket seems to be faulty & I have to fiddle with the speaker plug(not push it in all the way). I also have some JVC Gumy headphones-exactly the same problem!

Anyone else had this prob? I need a quick reply ‘cos if my 28 day return window is nearly up!

Thanks

bumperman

Back
Top Bottom