*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Pretty sure I read about a stickmount type app last night that doesn't require rooting.

Rooting is very straightforward though so not many reasons not to do it.

Just had a quick search and I think Nexus Media Importer is the app for the non rooted folks but please don't go mental on me if I'm wrong.

Nexus Media Importer. Been using it on my hols in italy, got a 64gb flash stick and put all my ripped dvd's and tv shows on it. Worked perfectly and no rooting is brilliant.

That's great. Can someone with the nexus 7 do me a favour? As I have only a 1.4mb broadband connect I need to set YouTube videos to display at a lower quality by default. But when I open up the YouTube app and click on settings there are hardly any options except for text size etc. Can anybody confirm they are getting the same settings as me when opening up YouTube settings. Cheers!

That's great. Can someone with the nexus 7 do me a favour? As I have only a 1.4mb broadband connect I need to set YouTube videos to display at a lower quality by default. But when I open up the YouTube app and click on settings there are hardly any options except for text size etc. Can anybody confirm they are getting the same settings as me when opening up YouTube settings. Cheers!

Yep, same here, can't see any video settings at all.

Nexus Media Importer. Been using it on my hols in italy, got a 64gb flash stick and put all my ripped dvd's and tv shows on it. Worked perfectly and no rooting is brilliant.

When you use this can you copy onto the nexus? or must you have the usb attached to view? if you can move onto the nexus I am sold and would pay a small fortune for it :P

After picking one of these up for my dad last week, I took the plunge and ordered one for myself using the tesco code posted a few pages back. Long story short they messed up my delivery (for collect) and there was a delay, during this my friend who works for tesco told me he has 20% of this weekend. So Rather than the £180 I'm paying £160. Great, so instead of collecting it from my local store I just popped in for a refund, the lady was understanding (delivery was 3 days late) opened the package, and scanned it in for a refund. Got to the car, checked receipt £199.99 refund.

So theres £20 in my pocket, my friends ordering me one with the £20 off when you spend £200,plus his 20% off after that, so that makes my tablet £124. Very happy.

So if you're thinking of getting this and know someone who has a tesco discount card, This weekend you can use the £20 off code as posted above and get a further 20% off (£144 all in)

Last edited:
Have they sorted out the screen lift issue yet? I was going to wait until they had before I RMA'ed mine. Mine is from Google directly.

Also, does anyone know if there is an application that will automatically bring my tablet out of standby when it is picked up. Preferably something that is actually optimised for this sort of thing

Have they sorted out the screen lift issue yet? I was going to wait until they had before I RMA'ed mine. Mine is from Google directly.

Also, does anyone know if there is an application that will automatically bring my tablet out of standby when it is picked up. Preferably something that is actually optimised for this sort of thing

I bought mine from curry's last week and there are zero build issues with it.

Not sure about a application that does this but my case puts it into standby when you close it and automatically brings it out when you open it. It's a good case too, have a look on amazon for Poetic HardBack Protective Case for The Google Nexus 7.

I'm absolutely in love with mine, it's perfect for around the house browsing / video watching and I've started reading books again which i've sorely missed.

One thing I am missing from my iphone is the tap the top of the screen to scroll to the top of the page. Anyone know a way to get this function?

I bought a Nexus 7 for my wife a couple of days ago from Comet. I had checked Currys and they had the C8O revision but Comet had just got their stock in a couple of days previous and had the newer C9O in stock.

The build quality seems fine and it runs well. In fact I had it unlocked, rooted with a CWM recovery and a custom ROM installed very shortly after checking it out and backing up the original ROM etc.

I am waiting for the case I ordered from Amazon to arrive with the similar functionality as noted above, for £10.

After picking one of these up for my dad last week, I took the plunge and ordered one for myself using the tesco code posted a few pages back. Long story short they messed up my delivery (for collect) and there was a delay, during this my friend who works for tesco told me he has 20% of this weekend. So Rather than the £180 I'm paying £160. Great, so instead of collecting it from my local store I just popped in for a refund, the lady was understanding (delivery was 3 days late) opened the package, and scanned it in for a refund. Got to the car, checked receipt £199.99 refund.

So theres £20 in my pocket, my friends ordering me one with the £20 off when you spend £200,plus his 20% off after that, so that makes my tablet £124. Very happy.

So if you're thinking of getting this and know someone who has a tesco discount card, This weekend you can use the £20 off code as posted above and get a further 20% off (£144 all in)

Yep got one this morning for £144 :D:D. Picking it up tomorrow!

Running this without a case, and it feels durable, It fell on the hard floor the other night, not a scratch on it. Good build quality. Hopefully I dont get screen lift.

Really impressed with android, had an ipad previously and find this just as good.

Back
Top Bottom