*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

I bought one of these for my dad while in the states in August, and over the last week or so he has encountered a rather annoying issue. Sometimes the screen decides to go funny, like the brightness has been turned up way past it's highest setting.

I've had a search around and can't see any reports of this issue, has anyone else come across this?

Well I couldn't resist any longer! Loving it so far!

Not sure what browser to use as my main browser. Chrome is really nice but wished it supported extensions. But don't like the UI of Firefox. Dolphin is similar to Chrome and has many more features but still no real extensions! Arghh!

314121_10151451115264554_856819528_n.jpg

The Google Play voucher is no longer on offer. It ended on 30th Sept. It has been mentioned on this thread.

I got mine yesterday and still got the £15 credit :)

I bought one of these for my dad while in the states in August, and over the last week or so he has encountered a rather annoying issue. Sometimes the screen decides to go funny, like the brightness has been turned up way past it's highest setting.

I've had a search around and can't see any reports of this issue, has anyone else come across this?

Yeah I've had this. Does it happen after viewing video?

-----------------

On another note, there's an issue with the 16GB N7 that causes it to become very laggy once a certain percentage of storage is filled. Only a factory reset will solve it right now. Rumours of Google fixing it via a patch on the 6th. Anyone had this?

Last edited:
The Google Play voucher is no longer on offer. It ended on 30th Sept. It has been mentioned on this thread.

Just picked up one today from Carphone Warehouse and I got the £15 voucher. Looks like current stock still has it.

Waiting impatiently for it to fully charge before I can use it :mad:

Not sure what browser to use as my main browser. Chrome is really nice but wished it supported extensions. But don't like the UI of Firefox. Dolphin is similar to Chrome and has many more features but still no real extensions! Arghh!

Welcome to my world!

Chrome is brilliant, but the lack of any plugins or extensions is a pain. Firefox supports some, but is just a really really bad UI. Opera is the same, only Opera is a truly terrible UI.

At the moment I'm using Dolphin on my phone and Chrome on my 7, but it's in desperate need of proper extensions.

Is there any plans to allow Chrome to use extensions/plugins?

With an SD Card slot.

The removal of an SD card is just a way to allow manufacturers to ship multiple versions of the same device, and then charge £50 per 16GB of storage they give you.

If a 32GB Nexus 7 arrives its going to be £249. Does it cost £90 more to make than the 8GB model? Of course not. But due to the now accepted model of pricing devices based on how many incredibly cheap flash memory chips are inside them we will all suck it up and think its great value.

There are a few manufacturers out there who haven't cottoned onto this scam yet, but before long they will take the iPhone's lead and nothing will come with an SD card slot.

Ergo, a capacity based pricing model, its bad news.

Last edited:
But devices WITH an MicroSD slot still come in different onboard storage varieties. It makes no difference...

Also, you complained about the model, I now see your point, but I don't think that's an issue with the model, just the actual pricing surely? The model is sound, a 32gb should be more than the 16gb. No?

Back
Top Bottom