*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

hmm, I guess you're likely to get the samsung a touch cheaper too if they're still doing all the cashback stuff.

Still, I'd prefer the Nexus, I think the "issues" are slightly overblown.

Bought 2 of these yesterday. The guy in Currys told me the stock had come in brand new that day.

Both activated the £15 voucher on Play store.

Very happy so far, it's a fantastic tablet for the money.

Bought 2 of these yesterday. The guy in Currys told me the stock had come in brand new that day.

Both activated the £15 voucher on Play store.

Very happy so far, it's a fantastic tablet for the money.

What are the serial numbers on them? Fisrt three should be CxO, interested to see what the 'x' is on new stock to Currys.

Looks like I might be getting this screen lift issue appear, on the left hand side in the middle you can feel that the screen is about level with the top of bevel whereas on the right is bedded in.

Has anyone had any recent experience of this and can recommend how bad it has to get before I can take it back and get a replacement?

Well, no keyboard, but very good case -

http://hemorrdroids.net/dodocase-for-nexus-7/

IMG_4092-290x290.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to ring google today about my screen lift issue but it seems to have sorted itself out....can't see any screen raise and don't have a spongy screen.

Did anyone elses sort itself out? Or is it an intermittent thing?

Mine seems to have gotten worse over the weekend. On top of that it looks like its only through extended use that it gets warm and gets worse.

Does anyone know if we have to go to Google for repair no matter what? Assumed I could take it back to Argos and get a replacement...but probably not as simple as that is it =S Plus the likelyhood that any of the people in there knowing what I'm talking about is slim to none.. *sigh*

Mine seems to have gotten worse over the weekend. On top of that it looks like its only through extended use that it gets warm and gets worse.

Does anyone know if we have to go to Google for repair no matter what? Assumed I could take it back to Argos and get a replacement...but probably not as simple as that is it =S Plus the likelyhood that any of the people in there knowing what I'm talking about is slim to none.. *sigh*

Mine is slightly off on one side, slightly raised by less than 1mm so nothing dramatic, not getting worse and and not worth taking back over. How bad is it?!

Mine is JRO03S/015/C90 from Comet on Tuesday just gone.

Last edited:
Managed to get my nexus7 for £180 at Luton airport! Had to provide my boarding pass etc but also managed to get a nexus leather case and screen protector, all in for £200. The case was worth £28 but not sure about the protector. I had to haggle a bit but defiantly feel good about the deal.

Only problem I've been having is I can't play my Transformers free movie. I tried to get it going when I was abroad but couldn't log onto the hotel network so finally got it up and running back home today.

The message I get is "Not available in your country" :confused:

Love the nexus except for one issue.

I have heard that if you fill it to the brim it slows down, I can sort of understand that, but I have 8 gigs+ free and when I use Facebook and Chrome it seems like they lag....is this just me?

I dont get the lag on anything else...

Back
Top Bottom