*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Soldato
The wipe fixed it for me, easiest way for the apps is obviously do it through the web, I went through all my apps, selected them to install and left the nexus running for 20 minutes - everything installed.

Anything I had or wanted I drop boxed it and just dragged it back down, it really doesnt take THAT long to restore it all.

Going to sort it out soon as its charged.

You can install all the apps you have previously installed through the play store. You don't need the web. Open play store app then on the right there is a little arrow with a line underneath tap that and there is a list of everything you have ever downloaded with that account

Soldato
Going to sort it out soon as its charged.

You can install all the apps you have previously installed through the play store. You don't need the web. Open play store app then on the right there is a little arrow with a line underneath tap that and there is a list of everything you have ever downloaded with that account

Yeah but it's a lot quicker to do multiple installs from the web with a mouse. That's what I always do.

Associate
Softpedia said:
The long-time rumored 32GB Nexus 7 is about to make its debut on the market. The slate is meant to replace the current 16GB model, which is said to reach EOL (end of life) status.

It appears that the folks over at IT ProPortal have been told by a person close to the matter that the 32GB Nexus 7 will be listed by UK-based retailer Argos in its Christmas gift guide.

According to the cited source, the 32GB Nexus 7 will be available for purchase for 199.99 GBP (245 EUR), while 8GB variant will continue to be priced at 159 GBP (200 EUR).

Will be nice if this turns out to be true!

Soldato
Just "sold" mine to my sister for £150. She gets a good deal and hardly used tablet...I only have to put £50 towards the 32gb one when it comes out. Result.

Associate
A trick to force the update:

1) Go into Settings > Apps > All Apps
2) Find 'Google Services Framework' and force stop it then clear the cache
3) Go check for an update

Do the above 3-4 times and you will get the update. I got mine on the 3rd round.

On a side note, have no clue what to spend my playstore credit on! I got tasker but that's it at the moment.

+1!

Just did this and got it first time. Thanks for the tip :D

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting rid of my iPad 2 16GB and buying a 16GB Nexus 7.

Has anyone else done this? Are there any issues I should look out for as I've read about raised screens etc

Associate
I'm thinking of getting rid of my iPad 2 16GB and buying a 16GB Nexus 7.

Has anyone else done this? Are there any issues I should look out for as I've read about raised screens etc

Was going to reply to this then realised that it was you who posted, and that you already know my opinion. Dooooo it :p

Caporegime
Is there a good docking station sort of app?

Something that when on keeps the screen on, and shows things like the time, calendar, ticker of news feeds, emails, music controls, etc?

Something that means I could stick the 7 on my desk (or in a dock) and leave on and just glance at to get updates on news and things without having to open anything?

Either that or maybe setup one of the home screens with a bunch of widgets, including one which toggles the screen to stay on?

Associate
I use AOL mail as well as Gmail and my AOL account has been hacked somehow. Will changing my passwords help at all? I'm pretty sure its happened through my Nexus as I've not used my laptop in months, its also happened on my boyfriend's account and that was created on the Nexus. I've had this email account for years so not really wanting to get rid of it if I can help it.

Do I now have to be careful when using my online banking etc or is it likely to be contained to email?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom