*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Associate
I would think/hope its not the nexus and more likely a dodgy app you've downloaded.

The only apps I've downloaded recently are Broken Sword and the paint thing that was available in the sale. I only download apps that have been recommended on here or have lots of positive reviews. I think I'm pretty careful but is there anyway to find out if it is a specific app? And can I do anything to sort it or scrap the mail accounts?

Soldato
Is it worth getting the 32gb version or am I better off with a surface?
Will be getting a lumia 920 soon too so choices choices.

I know the surface is more expensive but it will play nice with my new phone. But, the 32gn nexus is just a steal!!

What to do?

Soldato
... and hopefully the price of the 16 GB version will be reduced before it finally vanishes altogether!

and if price rumours are correct - some very cheap 2nd hand Nexus 7's hopefully :)

I mean the 32gb will give more than double the storage space - so I guess quite a few will upgrade

Caporegime
I meant the difference between a Nexus 7 and a Surface. The Surface with a cover is £470.

It depends what your after really. If you want a large screened phone type device for casual use and don't want to spend a fortune, then get the 7. If however you want an iPad style and sized device and it playing nice with your phone and you dont mind the extra cost, get the Surface.

Associate
and if price rumours are correct - some very cheap 2nd hand Nexus 7's hopefully :)

I mean the 32gb will give more than double the storage space - so I guess quite a few will upgrade

Nah, too easy to use external media. If mine was full I'd just use usb drives etc.

Associate
can i have 2 nexus 7 on the one google account.
i have 1 n7 at the moment but the screen has been smashed so and thinking of buying a new one, what way will my paid for apps work, will it auto DL them or will i have to (somehow) uninstall them from my broken N7

Associate
I use the same google account on my nexus 7 and s3 so you should have no problems getting all your apps on a 2nd nexus 7. No need to uninstall or have them on only one device. Just go to the play store and download them to the new device.

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah everything I've paid once for I've used over several android devices so thats no problem at all. Similar to the itunes store, it appears regardless of what any terms might say that once you buy something it's yours to put on all your devices as many times as you like.

Associate
Can +1 this as well. When I signed in onto my Nexus 7 when I first bought it I saw apps that I'd downloaded a couple years back for my other 2 android phones

Soldato
Dumb question, I remember on other versions it was easy to change the Icon for the app my simply holding it down and you got a small menu to choose the image, is their a way to still do this?

Soldato
Dumb question, I remember on other versions it was easy to change the Icon for the app my simply holding it down and you got a small menu to choose the image, is their a way to still do this?

You must have had a custom launcher like launcherpro when you did that.

Soldato
I am also wondering about this. Trying to decide what a reasonable price to sell my 16 gb to my sister is, I have been labelled heartless for saying £150 :p

At that price she'd be better off telling you where to stick it and buying herself a new 32GB version retail with a full warranty.

Within the family I wouldn't expect anything much over £100 for my 16GB version.

Back
Top Bottom