**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

So is there not a period that you can choose the do not disturb for if you put it into that mode? I mean if I enable the do not disturb myself, I can select 10, 30 or 60 mins, or even select the number of minutes yourself? A little surprised by that if you can't.

Well, I've lost the screen lottery, twice, from EE :(
First P2XL White 128 I received had a dead pixel and the lower speaker was buzzy when on speakerphone. Wouldn't have mentioned blue tint had I not needed a second handset, but this one was fine (to me!)
EE had two handsets left when I called for exchange, that one come today, has something stuck under the glass which I come across while cleaning the screen ready for a (rubbish but it'll do for now) screen protector...and two dead pixels...and very obvious blue tint so bad that holding the phone straight at you, the top looked different to the bottom! The top appeared to have a red tint when looking head on tbh.
Going to try a third time lucky, but Google are handling it this time as EE have no stock!

Ringke fusion too...handset hadn't even left the house or been in a pocket, bits of fluff making its way under, around the back glass within hours! Price to pay for wanting to show off a Panda though :)

So I've only really been able to get my hands on my 2 XL this evening after spending most of yesterday evening setting it up. I'd love to put up a detailed review but I don't think there's any shortage of those. My initial impressions are it's a great feel in the hand, love the front firing speakers and screen is awesome!
The speakers themselves aren't any great shakes, they're very good but not great but I just love the fact that when using the phone I'm not blocking a puny bottom firing speaker with my finger, that really was an annoying feature of the XL and basically every Samsung.
The screen is great. Yes there's a little blue shift but it's seriously nothing I haven't seen before to some degree. I tend to watch A LOT of YouTube on my phones and for that, and basically any media consumption, the screen is fantastic.

Sounds like the screen thing would be a non issue for me. Tempted now. Even though some prefer the standard Pixel 2, I''m not sure I'd want to go to a smaller screen. Just needs some more tempting contract offers like the standard one is starting to get now already!

Sounds like the screen thing would be a non issue for me. Tempted now. Even though some prefer the standard Pixel 2, I''m not sure I'd want to go to a smaller screen. Just needs some more tempting contract offers like the standard one is starting to get now already!
Well the 2 XL is available from mobiles.co.uk for £29 a month on O2 with 12gb data as has been mentioned before with £175 up front. You'll not see a deal better than that for a good while IMO.

Is the Pixel 2 a decent upgrade for Pixel owners? I've given up trying to get my Pixel 1 128gb replaced, so thinking I'll just take the refund towards a Pixel 2 64gb. I've tested it in-store and it seemed not bad at all, just wondering for day-to-day (is battery life equal/better?).

pixel xl to pixel xl 2 def feels like an upgrade, but only really because of the screen. both take great photos, i'm yet to see any real improvement as both were fantastic. pixel 1 to 2, because it looks so similar i doubt it'd feel like an improvement. i'd def wait for pixel 3 if i were you.

So long as the Pixel 2 isn't worse, I don't mind. Google can only offer me a refund or a XL for my original faulty Pixel and I don't want the XL. It's basically the Pixel 2 or not much else to choose from in the 5" bracket it seems.

I went from XL to xl2 and well worth it. Camera is an upgrade and so is screen. Also feels more sleek and modern
Made the same move myself and pretty much agree, my musings are further up the thread. The only thing I was going to point out that I don't like is the slow(er) charging time compared to the XL. I loved the fast charging and it is so much better than any wireless charging (for my lifestyle anyway) but 2.5 hours for a full charge just isn't cricket!

Go figure.

CPW promised a delivery on 20 November (or on launch date whichever sooner) when I pre-ordered in early October. So the launch of the 2 XL came and went and not a word from CPW despite numerous attempts to update status. No one at CPW was able to tell me why they did not get the phone at launch. Frustration followed and so did a gift certificate on my next purchase.

Knock on door this morning and dpd delivered both the Panda (2 XL) and the Home Mini in one small package!

No notification from dpd. Lucky someone was at home to receive. Wife will be happy with my Pixel XL soon. Mini going abroad to another family member as the three full sized Home devices in the house is more than sufficient.

Un-boxing this evening. Will share comments over coming days.

Well? Its been a week and you've said nothing about how you are finding the phone. Do you not like it or something? ;)

Plot twist. He doesn't like the screen.

I'm calling it. :p:D

Love the screen on my 2 XL. Just finding a screen protector that's difficult. I've found one that doesn't have a rainbow effect and sticks well, but reflectivity is quite high.

The worst thing about the screen is that at low brightness, dark colours kind of smear across the screen. Looks horrendous

Back
Top Bottom