**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

But surely the less RAM that's used from the outset by system apps etc then the more that's available for its job of keeping tabs and apps in memory?
Stock android uses a good deal less as a base than Samsung.
Yes I agree that stock Android needs less ram than Samsung's bloatfest. But I still feel 4gig is OK for now but this phone is powerful enough to be good for 3 years and that's where the extra headroom would have been nice.

@VR - Indeed 8GB isn't needed, Atleast for now. But there's absolutely no harm in having the headroom for the future given how powerful the rest of the hardware is. 6GB is the happy medium IMO.

I'm the grand scheme of this 4GB is fine. It's just at this price, we shouldn't have to settle for adequate.

Yes I agree that stock Android needs less ram than Samsung's bloatfest. But I still feel 4gig is OK for now but this phone is powerful enough to be good for 3 years and that's where the extra headroom would have been nice.

@VR - Indeed 8GB isn't needed, Atleast for now. But there's absolutely no harm in having the headroom for the future given how powerful the rest of the hardware is. 6GB is the happy medium IMO.

I'm the grand scheme of this 4GB is fine. It's just at this price, we shouldn't have to settle for adequate.
Agreed, while not needed it it would have been nice to have at least 6GB at the price of the Pixel.

Agreed, while not needed it it would have been nice to have at least 6GB at the price of the Pixel.
The thing is, with more RAM, more power you need to power it, and the more apps you have open in the background sapping power. I think 4GB is the sweet spot for a phone. 3GB was enough on my OPO on Marshmallow, so 4GB is plenty.

Got my Pixel 2 XL today and think it's great so far.

I've come to this from an Xperia Z5 so it's been really nice for me, I aren't a fan of Samsungs bright screens as I have quite sensitive eyes and they can give me a headache, currently got it on boosted with auto adaptive brightness on.

Thanks for all the replies about the amount of memory that the Pixel 2 has. I guess it's worth ordering and testing one. If there isn't a night and day difference between it and the Xperia X then it'll go back, although I'm sure the camera alone will be enough reason to keep it.

Anyone got any recommendations on which 3rd party chargers support the quick charging? Don't fancy splashing £30 on the Google one.
Be interested to know this myself...

Anything with USB Power delivery will work. Anker also have a new power delivery system, but not sure if anything in the UK supports it yet. It essentially gets QC 2.0 working on many phones, even if they don't support it.

For anyone who went through mobiles.co.uk, how long did it take before they accepted your order? They said they would get back to me the same day, now its nearly 24 hours later and still nothing.

Back
Top Bottom