**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Soldato
I need to be more careful with the new do not disturb feature as it blocks everything. Missed loads of messages after I left it on by mistake!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Not that it matters now, but to fix the Nova app drawer issue you can just turn on cards background in the settings.

Associate
Mines not detecting no where near as many songs.
I just tested mine right next to a music source and it did detect the song. Sitting in my usual seat at home with music on the TV at normal volume, it did not pick up the song like it usually does..... Will try it whilst out and about tomorrow in places I know it used to work OK.

Associate
Woke up to 15% battery despite being plugged in all night :(
It looks like the charger has died as I can still get a slow charge by plugging it into my PC
Can anyone recommend a good charger please? preferably with next day del from amazon or something
Many thanks in advance

Soldato
Woke up to 15% battery despite being plugged in all night :(
It looks like the charger has died as I can still get a slow charge by plugging it into my PC
Can anyone recommend a good charger please? preferably with next day del from amazon or something
Many thanks in advance
Make sure you get a new one under warranty from Google! In the meantime any old usb-c charger will work

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I have an IFTTT script that logs the songs it here's to a Google Sheet, it works everytime, even when I think it won't here it, like when the phone is in my pocket.

Associate
Make sure you get a new one under warranty from Google! In the meantime any old usb-c charger will work
Thanks for the suggestion.
I tried the support on my phone and they've requested a new charger for me.
In the meantime I've also ordered an Anker PD desktop charger too. Maybe a little overkill, but I don't want to be stuck like this again and it'll come in handy for other devices as well.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Am I right in saying that the swipe up + swipe up feature in Android P is being disabled due to Nova Launcher that I have installed?
I use Nova and I have it set to swipe up from the home button for the app switcher and up from the dock for the app drawer. Works for me. :)

Soldato
Guys where do we stand on replacements. My old man had to return his pixel due to an issue. Google shipped a replacement today which it states in the email is a refurbished one. He's a little salty and feels after paying for a brand new one he should get a new one returned to him

Soldato
Guys where do we stand on replacements. My old man had to return his pixel due to an issue. Google shipped a replacement today which it states in the email is a refurbished one. He's a little salty and feels after paying for a brand new one he should get a new one returned to him
Dunno really, Apple give you refurbs too.

Having said that when I had to RMA they just gave me a code and said go order a brand new one off the Google Store, and it was brand new in retail packaging.

Is your dad's phone a Google direct purchase or from somewhere else?

Back
Top Bottom