**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Soldato
Just got my update here. Upgraded straight over the top, no factory reset after (normally I always do this but I've elected against this time).

Looks a bit prettier for sure.

Seems a bit faster too, but that could be my imagination.

I've gone and enabled the gestures. May as well get used to it sometime and to be fair within a few minutes I already feel used to it and dare I say I quite like the usability of being able to get your dock, app drawer and search bar without going back to the home screen.

A few other nice touches here and there... Volume control, less bland toggle icons and settings menu, animations, etc.

Looks more like iOS every week but if it works well then I'm not bothered.
Would have been better if they had just copy and pasted the gesture UI from the iPhone X which is much more fluid and intuitive compared to what Google has shipped.

Associate
Would have been better if they had just copy and pasted the gesture UI from the iPhone X which is much more fluid and intuitive compared to what Google has shipped.

Never used it, so I don’t know what I’m missing. I also heard the 1+6 gestures are superior.

But, it’s what I’ve got so I’ll just have to make do. I don’t mind it so far though.

Soldato
I have turned the gestures on for my Pixel 2XL, I actually don't mind them and have gotten used to them very quickly, so much so that I will keep it like that, I guess coming from an iPhone 7 (and the rest prior) with the P2XL being my first Android phone it is not such a big deal for me to get used to, actually love the Microsoft Launcher(!) ... So using that at the moment!

Soldato
Hey, was thinking of buying the 2XL for £489 from CPW on the 1 month Voda plan, then canceling after the one month. Are there any downsides to this in terms of network SIM locks or warranty? I guess the warranty would be with CPW rather than direct with Google?

Soldato
Cool thanks, so £489 isn't actually a bad deal combined with a £13 sim only contract. Assuming there's no network locks on the voda deal?
Correct mate, there is no lock here. They essentially send you a sim free pixel with a Vodafone sim card

Once you get it. Call Vodafone. Don't tell them about the pixel. Just say you have a sim only plan and want to cancel under the 14 day cooling off period.

You do take a credit check hit here so just a heads up if you down this route.

Associate
Hi all, is 499 a good price for this at the moment sim free. How much would we expect it to be when the pixel 3 gets released?

Back
Top Bottom