**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Associate

P3XL battery comparison with Note 9, iPhone XS Max and Sony Xperia

P3XL performs very well, very close to the Note 9 and better than I would have thought but the iPhone manages to win with the smallest battery in the test although it's closer at the end, much closer than the earlier part of the test would suggest.

Soldato
Although I've not watched that one, I think Apple either lie, or have something wrong somewhere as I've seen that on other tests. Their batteries look to hold up really well, then just die after a certain point.

**EDIT** I take that back, tbf it was about 3 hours each half, where as the Note 9 burnt the first half in just over 2 hours, the second half of the battery was about 4 hours...

Last edited:
Associate
Camera looks very good on the front but video dont look very good compared to the iphone. And the microphone is terrible pretty dissapointed about that.

Soldato
Austin Evans mentions the speakers sound better on the XL in terms of distortion.

Few things to note, fast wireless charging and better haptic feedback over previous gen.

And performance is straight up lightning yet buttery.

Soldato
Can we not just please move on. We've discussed this so many times already and it's not changing. Okay, you and others don't like the notch, we get it.

It's not copied from Apple. Some of us like the extra real estate.

It's getting a little boring now though. It's honestly making me think I should just unsub this thread or ignore even more forum members! :(

I echo what you said.

People love to pick faults.

so how many people are allowed to find a fault with the notch in this thread? can new people come into it and post about the notch, or is that not allowed? wanting to make sure we've all got the new rules clear before we go ahead.

people are allowed to focus on the biggest talking point about this phone right now. there's almost nothing else to discuss. until today, we had no new photos to compare, we have features that are not yet in the phone and no date for when they will be and in this country, we have an almost identical design to last year. same battery, same dimensions etc, that the notch/display is the biggest change at the moment that we have to discuss, and there's more than one person who wishes to discuss it.

i personally like it. having seen one in the flesh, i am happy with the notch, and would be happy if it was in next years phones. i prefer how it's done in the pixel over say Xs, as you get almost everything you had before, almost any way. you still have notifications, just less, you still have wifi, network etc.

XS you get no notifications at all, which now just seems to dumb to do. pixel do it better. and it looks cute too

Soldato
I'm pretty certain that I'll be disabling the notch right off the batt.

Then if and when the update is released to put the notification icons etc in that space with a black background I'll do that.

Those that say they will get the smaller 3 due to the notch, I don't understand them. The option is there to disable da ting.

Soldato
Those that say they will get the smaller 3 due to the notch, I don't understand them. The option is there to disable da ting.
I'm guessing their thinking is that when you disable the notch, as it stands, you're left with what I assume is a 6 inch screen? Given screen size is the only difference between the two the toss up is is that extra half inch of display worth £130?

Soldato
I'm guessing their thinking is that when you disable the notch, as it stands, you're left with what I assume is a 6 inch screen? Given screen size is the only difference between the two the toss up is is that extra half inch of display worth £130?
Pretty much bang on for me. I also don't see the re-sale being that great and phone size is very big for something with a 6" screen.

That said the reviews/comparisons have put a spanner in the works for me, starting to maybe doubt the order. I'll see what comes of the OP 6T and cancel if it appears much improved.

Last edited:
Soldato
Going to wait and see what the proper notch disabling "fix" Google produce is first (as in notifications in the ears.. not the current dev mode option).
Right now the regular pixel 3 slightly has the edge for me but no rush.

Soldato

I see what you're saying. I still think the size jump is larger than it sounds. Especially if they implement notch update.

Damn Notch.

For videos I'm not sure you gain anything from 3 to xl. For instance watching a YouTube video now. I have black space to the right and left of the video that's unused. With the notch will be the exact same video size as what I have atm. On the 3 I assume the black space isn't there due to the better aspect ratio. Someone must have done a comparison

Back
Top Bottom