**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Associate
So when people are talking about the 4's battery life and how bad it is, are we talking about like it cant last a day even with moderate use?

Associate
i think you get a day ok with moderate use. the XL stacks up well to the rest of the market.

Cheers.

I'm looking at the size of the battery compared to my XS and I guess I've been spoiled with the optimization because it's a smaller battery yet I've never really had any issues with it lasting. I podcast in the morning, its doing nothing during the day while I'm at work and then I podcast on the way home.

Or is the issue an Android owners thing because you're all used to these larger batteries that the regular 4's size just doesn't cut it for you.

I only ask because I'm more of a regular sized phone person - used the 6 Plus and was ultimately too large. I find the XS size to be my limit so I'd probably be looking at that type of size for my next phone as well.

Soldato
How have the XL models held up so far? Any reliability issues with components or software etc?

I ask as I’ve read about a few issues with the 4’s speakers and battery getting very hot.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Has anyone got a regular Pixel 4 that manages to use the phone with average usage with its battery? I really don't want an XL, I like a smaller phone and the Pixel 4 looks ideal, except the battery which a lot of users report not being able to make it through the day.

Soldato
Has anyone got a regular Pixel 4 that manages to use the phone with average usage with its battery? I really don't want an XL, I like a smaller phone and the Pixel 4 looks ideal, except the battery which a lot of users report not being able to make it through the day.

When I had mine it struggled to last a day without charging in between as I’m a heavy user. That’s one of the reasons I sold it and went back over to the iPhone.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
When I had mine it struggled to last a day without charging in between as I’m a heavy user. That’s one of the reasons I sold it and went back over to the iPhone.

I'm not a heavy user as I work from home and pretty much exclusively use my PC during the day.

Soldato

I agree, battery is shocking on the 4XL, had mine a month, people saying battery is fine must have 90hz off and radar etc.

Screenshot-20200430-155808.png

Screenshot-20200430-155815.png

Soldato
I agree, battery is shocking on the 4XL, had mine a month, people saying battery is fine must have 90hz off and radar etc.

Even on the 4xl it is poor?

Iirc, on mine (regular 4) I had a lot of the features off, even the haptics. It was still poor, but I tend to use my phone a lot for social media/photos/videos and YouTube.

My iPhone 11 gets hammered by me and I get 7hours SOT average. Which I’m happy with.

If the battery is poor on the XL then I think I will have to reconsider my options. I really do like stock android and how google do things + how great the camera on the pixel 4 is.

Associate
Even on the 4xl it is poor?

Iirc, on mine (regular 4) I had a lot of the features off, even the haptics. It was still poor, but I tend to use my phone a lot for social media/photos/videos and YouTube.

My iPhone 11 gets hammered by me and I get 7hours SOT average. Which I’m happy with.

If the battery is poor on the XL then I think I will have to reconsider my options. I really do like stock android and how google do things + how great the camera on the pixel 4 is.

4a? Wait for the P5?

Soldato
Need an ultrawide lens and then I'll be interested, surely they won't be insane enough to skip that on the Pixel 5 in 2020?

Don't care if they go midrange SoC but hopefully give up this stupid habit of sticking underpowered batteries in their devices, surely they learn by now that they don't have the IOS level of optimisation. I mean even Apple are sticking bigger batteries in now.

Back
Top Bottom