1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Streeteh, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Radiosity

Gangster

ck88 - Toyota 7 is pretty much the only choice for b-spec and even then it depends a huge amount on dumb luck whether your driver will manage to finish in a decent position (cote d'azur = massive pileups on a regular basis as the AI plows into walls while trying to overtake). If you're at that sort of point you should either have or be near getting the Like the Wind event in the extreme series, winning that in b-spec gives you the Toyota 7.

edit: Hahaha oh wow, ABS sucks. Turned it off and got a silver on my first try on the final daytona race nascar special event. I couldn't even get above 11th before.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  2. Netvyper

Hitman

I just won a 2nd Gallardo for Completing B-Spec Pro if anyone needs one for the Lambo/Gallardo only races.
    PSN: netvyper

3. Ampeg

Wise Guy

Think Im done with GT5, got endurance races and an odorous pile of bspec to go and neither feel like any fun. Love the driving model, easily the best Ive come across on a console game but it just doesnt do enough to overcome some of the horribly dated and slightly backward game design. A few more championships wouldnt have gone amiss either, having to grind in this sort of game is just shocking from a game design point of view :(.

4. Kerplunk

Sgarrista

Whats the quickest way to earn money/credits guys?

I only have 285k ! :(

5. Marine Iguana

Soldato

Whey Indy 500 done now gotta grind to get to level 30 :(

6. Radiosity

Gangster

Depends where you are. If you've got the british lightweights available, that's a good one to do, ~4 minutes work for about 24k credits. When you get Like the Wind (in extreme events) you can grind that for 70k each go, then at lv23 you get the american championship which gives 98k per win.

Any earlier than British Lightweights and you should go and do some special events, they're good for a decent bit of money early on.

7. TS7

Wise Guy

8. Radiosity

Gangster

Anyone got any tips for the rally special events? I can't even place bronze in the beginner events atm :( Hate rally really but want to at least try and get bronzes in these events.

*actually scrub that plan, being dq'd for the tiniest little bump gets old really fast.

9. Duke

Man of Honour

I found the normal rally events fine (although snow is a little harder) but the Loeb rally events are hard.

Sure you haven't got TC on or something? :)

10. Dyson

Mobster

Gallardo would be very handy please, if you've still got it. Want anything in return? Got a VERY rare Fiat Panda Super, mid '90s, only ever seen it one in the used car dealership, rarer even than the GT F1 thingy:p

PSN - KUSPERT

11. Dyson

Mobster

Ford RS200, oil change, and the customisable gear box made this a breeze for me. Like yourself, in anything else I couldn't even get Bronze.

12. hyperzed

Gangster

Just completed the first Grand Valley endurance... what a drag :o Quite pleased with the exp earned though and that kinda made it worth it.

13. Netvyper

Hitman

Don't really need anything atm; but feel free to pass across something interesting if you've got spares.
    Edit: will pass the gallardo over after this b-spec tourny

14. Radiosity

Gangster

Hmm, I didn't fiddle with the settings really so it was likely on yeah.

RS200? Not sure if I have one of those... but I 'think' I might have one in the depths of my garage somewhere. I'll take a look when I'm finished with the A-spec dream car championship. Thanks :)

15. Dyson

Mobster

K, thanks mate, will start up the PS in a sec and see what I can gift you...

16. Dyson

Mobster

If you haven't got one you can borrow mine tomorrow. Add me to PSN and let me know if you need it.

17. Radiosity

Gangster

Awesome, thanks :D

18. Dyson

Mobster

Just sent Netvyper a car, but can lend you the RS200 after midnight.

19. Senture

Wise Guy

That's the same problem I'm facing right now. Completed the 9 hours of Tsukuba and need to repeat it a further 5 times to get to the first 24 hour endurance race, then grind that to get to 40 :(

20. Marine Iguana

Soldato

Ouch 9hrs :(

I will just do Indy over again and again it only takes 2 and a bit hours for about 300k exp so not bad :)

Wish my Slim would connect to PSN my old fat one can but I have no cars or anything worth using on that had some good races but want my cars from my slim not the unused fat one :(