***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Soldato
Yeah, I bet CoD would really affect their sales... Hardly competing genres are they, and anyone who liked both would buy both anyway.

Does make me laugh, all this anger about a release slip. Hardly life and death is it.

I think it does make a difference. As GT5 is delayed I would consider buying COD now, but outlaying £60 plus in one month on new games is too much for me. Had they come out at a similar time, I'd only pick up GT5. You have to remember that casual gamers are all about titles like GT and COD and they won't feel the need to spend more money than they have to to play a game.

Soldato
Don't mind to be honest, gives me a good opportunity to give Fallout New Vegas the time it deserves, and if it's delayed until after xmas I might give the new Need For Speed game a go, which I was just going to leave. No big thing, only a game.

Good point i will be spending most of my time playing fallout and black ops but i can see why people would be miffed delaying so close to release date :o:p .

Associate
This is funny as hell. There's been 2 forza games out with some great features, liveries and links with website and what not so far YET still no GT at all hahah. I don't care how big a game is or how in depth it is, if it's never gonna release then what's the point. hahah EPIC FAIL EPIC FAIL, sony fail with their stupid cell processor I still do not know to this day what the point of it was at all.

Note: I do not play games at all on any system. Fail is just epic. Kinda reminds me of brothers in arms: Hell's highway, although GT5 is taking much much longer BIA turned out pretty crap anyway XD

Last edited:
Soldato
And so begins the endless, and utterly pointless, argument between those who think this is yet another step in the endless farce that has been GT5, and those who believe it's irrelevant and will defend the game to the death.

It's amusing :).

Regardless of how good the game is now, it will be ripped to shreds over even the smallest flaw.

Soldato
This is funny as hell. There's been 2 forza games out with some great features, liveries and links with website and what not so far YET still no GT at all hahah. I don't care how big a game is or how in depth it is, if it's never gonna release then what's the point. hahah EPIC FAIL EPIC FAIL, sony fail with their stupid cell processor I still do not know to this day what the point of it was at all.

Note: I do not play games at all on any system. Fail is just epic. Kinda reminds me of brothers in arms: Hell's highway, although GT5 is taking much much longer BIA turned out pretty crap anyway XD

Memphis has a point....

Heres some for you.
GT1 - GT4 is about the time spent for GT5

GT4 - GT5P is almost 3 years
GT5P - GT5 is almost 3 years

I guess it shows how much work has gone into this title but PD also have had Tourist Trophy and GT PSP released. If you dont care how big or what content went into the game then how can you criticse the development?

Yes it could turn out to be the biggest Christmas Turkey ever but with PD past record we can only assume and expect it to be quite a substantial game.

Last edited:
Soldato
And so begins the endless, and utterly pointless, argument between those who think this is yet another step in the endless farce that has been GT5, and those who believe it's irrelevant and will defend the game to the death.

It's amusing :).

Regardless of how good the game is now, it will be ripped to shreds over even the smallest flaw.

I'm one of the ones who believe that the delay is irrelevant, but not because I'm any sort of super fan, just because I'm an adult. Although I like gaming, it's hardly a great loss to have to wait a while longer to play a game I've waited years for anyway.

I fail to see the need for the girly tantrums going round the net about the delay.

Soldato
Common sense, attitude Dyson well done.

Not often found on the internet, mind you Ive seen a lot worse speculating and silly talk on other forums regarding this.

I do agree though, this game will be reviewed under even more scrunity because of the delay. Harshly by some, pretty much the "Epic Fail" camp will want one last song and dance exploiting its imperfections. Athough it does deserve to be judged fairly yet highlight whatever flaws and good points it may have.

Last edited:
Soldato
Common sense, attitude Dyson well done.

Not often found on the internet, mind you Ive seen a lot worse speculating and silly talk on other forums regarding this.

I do agree though, this game will be reviewed under even more scrunity because of the delay. Harshly by some, pretty much the "Epic Fail" camp will want one last song and dance exploiting its imperfections. Athough it does deserve to be judged fairly yet highlight whatever flaws and good points it may have.

Agreed, I too have calmed down from the news, I at first saw red and wasn't best pleased, but its only a game. They'll release it when ready, or not at all.

Besides, plenty of other games to keep me going and F1 2010 is still keeping me glued to the wheel, so do I really need GT5 so soon anyhow?

I do however think Sony are worried their flagship title will be swamped in the COD black ops release, so maybe this is just marketing tactics and we'll see the game in December anyhow... Perfect for xmas, nothing shifts consoles more then a hot title... Heck, COD Black ops could shift units...

Who knows, anyhow stepping down off the soap box and will trundle off and play F1 2010 instead.:D

Soldato
If anything part of F1 2010 situation maybe has highlighted any issues GT5 has in optimism or bugs. They will be aware of how badly criticised Codemasters have been regards their poor quality and control. If Sony released a flagship title in such a state it could be a disaster.

As for COD I understand but also worth looking at the bigger picture. People waiting for a game for 6 years wont just buy a new game and still not get that game they have been waiting so long for. Also for families or console bundles COD is not suitable for kids with an 18 or adult rating, that may have a factor in sales. Will COD sell more than GT5 on PS3 in the first month / Christmas period, thats a good question though.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Was going to get this for Christmas anyway. And I will get Black Ops to play anyway next month, so no real biggie to me.

We've waited this long, as long as it doesn't turn into a "Lets add this feature" matter.

Soldato
GT Planet has been updated.

"GT5 missed production deadline by 3 Days"

So we shouldnt see a massive delay and while manufacturing/logistics will be hampered more than 3 days it should still launch in November.

Stories of Q1 2011 seem OTT reactions.
We await a new confirmed date

Caporegime
GT Planet has been updated.

"GT5 missed production deadline by 3 Days"

So we shouldnt see a massive delay and while manufacturing/logistics will be hampered more than 3 days it should still launch in November.

Stories of Q1 2011 seem OTT reactions.
We await a new confirmed date

That goes against the tweet from Kaz I posted earlier stating they were sorting out kinks with the game.

It will be interesting to see what Sony/PD say next about a release date, as should it not be 3 days after the original launch date if that's all it is?

Soldato
That goes against the tweet from Kaz I posted earlier stating they were sorting out kinks with the game.

It will be interesting to see what Sony/PD say next about a release date, as should it not be 3 days after the original launch date if that's all it is?

Maybe thats because you left the other tweet out about it being out before Christmas that came a bit afterwards. I still expect it to be out at the end of November for the US at least for all the Thanksgiving holiday sales. Prob best to wait till it goes gold before we get excited again lol.

Caporegime
Maybe thats because you left the other tweet out about it being out before Christmas that came a bit afterwards. I still expect it to be out at the end of November for the US at least for all the Thanksgiving holiday sales. Prob best to wait till it goes gold before we get excited again lol.

I didn't leave it out, the page I read this morning at Kotaku, only had that tweet on it. :)

Back
Top Bottom