The Official Hearthstone : Heroes of Warcraft Thread

Soldato
Big nerfs just announced. Rockbiter Weapon and Call of the Wild have cost increased by 1; Tuskarr Totemic only summons basic totems; Yogg stops casting if he leaves play; Abusive Sergeant becomes 1/1; Charge now costs 1 and gives a creature Icehowl's abilities.

Soldato
New priest hero available if you have an Amazon prime account, and a Twitch account. Think it's limited time as it said 30/9 - 5/11

It works with free trial prime accounts too, I just signed up for a new Amazon account which gives you a month free trial. Got my hero

Soldato
If you're already subscribing to a Twitch channel Amazon Prime just became a really good deal because Twitch Prime gives you one free subscription. You end up paying something like £30 a year for Amazon Prime, which in addition to the free fast delivery options also includes Netflix.

Soldato
If you're already subscribing to a Twitch channel Amazon Prime just became a really good deal because Twitch Prime gives you one free subscription. You end up paying something like £30 a year for Amazon Prime, which in addition to the free fast delivery options also includes Netflix.

wait what? netflix.

i pay £8 a month for netflix now, if i sign up to prime for £8 a month i get netflix for free?

Associate
wait what? netflix.

i pay £8 a month for netflix now, if i sign up to prime for £8 a month i get netflix for free?

"includes Amazons rubbish version of Netflix" ;)

Already have prime so a freebie for HS as well as a free sub to a streamer was unexpected.

Don't really play priest though...

Associate
Season is coming to an end and I still need to hit rank 10.

Ladder is just torture at the moment with the poor state the ladder is in right now.

It only gets worse for those trying to just get their foot in the door and simply get a footing past 20. I'm not new, but until the other week had been gone so long (played a little beta)I might as well be as am still just trying to get my golden heroes for 500 rank wins, I expect it'll take another week or two for the first one

Mostly just playing around in standard with heavy control paladin (non-nzoth) its good enough to get close to 10 (no further) with but realistically I'm just happy to pile gold/dust between now and the next expansion while re-familiarising myself with the game.. not too shabby with arena either I'm some way off from the absurd double digit win rates I keep hearing about but I'm breaking even or better there (3-5+ wins) so given time that'll improve

As for other post about meta you have 2 extremes of the spectrum if you play too passively you risk fatigue or being milled on the offchance the opponent is not OTK/aggro/face/zoo etc but yea 20-15 is like the swiss its more diverse than anywhere else, beyond that you see mostly meta/standard netdeck stuff with minor tweaks in it

Need to find a decent tablet to play this on, knew I should had bought a K1 when OC had them in stock (even if they are said to get a bit warm)

Last edited:
Soldato
So new announcement of the next expansion is expected at Blizzcon. Rumours are suggesting it's going to be Titan themed seeing as some of the domains have been taken.

I think it's expected to hit in December following the schedule of having one always hit in November/December

I got almost 9k gold saved up so going to splashing out on some packs!

Associate
Ended up caving in and going through a competitor for the k1, I have to travel soon and (sadly) could no longer hold out for ocuk to restock.

Maybe rose tinted glasses from being used to the naff battery on my last tablet as it slowly failed over a prolonged period before finally snuffing it, but were you using an original release version of shield or a post-recall device?

I don't heap praise lightly but I'm well chuffed with it, my only significant complaint has been the power button (terrible design) which was resolved on day 2 when the case I ordered turned up in the post.

Wondering what Blizzcon will bring too, its becoming a bit stale in there (unless you roll mid-range shaman)

Associate
Don't take me the wrong way because new content is great.. but I would be disturbed at more goblin orientated content following gvg (which is still enjoyed by those in wild) and has barely even been out of rotation that long in the grand scale of things

Maybe it'll be mercenary/pirate themed? /shrug

Soldato
up to 30 ranked wins with rogue now. was at 5 wins at the start of this season. really enjoying playing this class, seems well rounded, a lot of burst, low cost removal, easy curves.

hit my normal monthly rank of 10 which im happy enough with, will prob end up about rank 8 id guess this month.

been good to use an unfamiliar deck and class though. quite refreshing

Associate
I find original decks can get you to around 10 in decent time, from there you have to conform to the meta to get further. Though once you get where you want to be you can go back to screwing around with original decks

Same story as you I'm still getting back into it and can't put in mega sessions so set a realistic target (10) to reflect the time I put in, its not so much a case of losing loads of games as it is just not having the time to pour hours a day into it, like when you get busy and can't game for almost a week which is 1/4 of a season

Snagged my golden paladin hero, tempted to make a push on priest just to get it out of the way (its a nice little goal to work towards) and the resurrect decks can be hilarious when they work

Bet you are trying pirate/weapon rogue or similar... most rogues I encounter are either running n'zoth, malygos or miracle.. once in a blue moon a mill/draw one too (even in standard!)

Soldato
I find original decks can get you to around 10 in decent time, from there you have to conform to the meta to get further. Though once you get where you want to be you can go back to screwing around with original decks

Same story as you I'm still getting back into it and can't put in mega sessions so set a realistic target (10) to reflect the time I put in, its not so much a case of losing loads of games as it is just not having the time to pour hours a day into it, like when you get busy and can't game for almost a week which is 1/4 of a season

Snagged my golden paladin hero, tempted to make a push on priest just to get it out of the way (its a nice little goal to work towards) and the resurrect decks can be hilarious when they work

Bet you are trying pirate/weapon rogue or similar... most rogues I encounter are either running n'zoth, malygos or miracle.. once in a blue moon a mill/draw one too (even in standard!)

I think it shows how much time I get to put in this game, ive been playing since release and still havent got a golden hero.

I play a n'zoth rogue deck when playing rogue.

Dragon druid

No warrior

Dragon priest

No warlock

Murloc pally

Reno mage

I tend to use mostly original decks although they tend to be very close to what's currently out there.

It takes as many games to get from 5 to legend as it does from 25 to 5 so i know I'm never hitting legend.

Associate
Most decks seem to have the same shape, we're not spoilt for choice as far as card selection goes.. and that feels even more limited if you only play standard

I like utilising the likes of tinkmaster in most of my decks because its only got better with age IMO.. a lot of folks run c'thun as their sole OTK and don't know what to do when you plop that 3 mana guy on the table

Playing some priest and warrior.. I'm glad I started out with paladin in the current meta because warrior feels like an absolute breeze, a bare-bones control deck (nothing fancy) can beat almost anything going... priest on the other hand feels very underwhelming, can't imagine any other hero being more difficult to pull off when ranking up

Theres some highly amusing shenanigans to be had with priests resurrect mechanics but it otherwise feels pretty broken compared to the likes of shaman where you can pretty much roll your face on the keyboard with eyes shut to break 10 (can see why people use it as a meal ticket for legend)

Looking forward to next weeks announcement

Associate
Expansion announced (as we knew)

Mean streets of gadgetzan... trailer feels more like booty bay imo with the dodgy deals and scrapping, hope they don't go overboard with the goblin stuff, its getting a bit old already

Some consolidated information (new cards etc) from MMO-Champion

Kazakus looks like a must have for certain decks... end up being more popular than yogg

Side note - anyone had much joy with their "choose a champion" thing?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom