*** The Official HTC 10 Thread ***

Associate
Left my phone on a bus so thinking to pick this up. How are you all finding it?

Oh dear!

Had a half hour to kill so had a look in a phone shop the other day. Had a look at the HTC 10 and to me it felt quite nice and certainly a lot easier than my monstrous Moto X Style to use one handed. I vowed never to buy an HTC again after the going on I had with HTC support and my M7.

So some reviews reported poor signal reception or an issue with some phones - has this been sorted or just an issue that effected a handful of phones. What is screen like outdoors on bright days?

I think my next phone I want to be in the 5 to 5.2 inch range. May be worth waiting to see what the new Nexus phones are like? HTC 10 now that the £100 offer has gone is too expensive currently.

Edit: Just checked and the £100 off offer is valid until 14th September.

Associate
It's been "£100 off" since the end of July ... says it all about how well the 10 is selling.

I assume the screen (brightness) would suffer compared to the plethora of AMOLEDs that are available, but I've only played with one in store as well so I can't add anything useful.

Richy888 said:
So some reviews reported poor signal reception or an issue with some phones - has this been sorted or just an issue that effected a handful of phones.

Is that the problem with Wifi signal that you're referring to? I've seen that mentioned as well, but apparently it's not an issue a 5Ghz.

Soldato
Having had the HTC 10 and moving across to the S7E I can honestly say that if you want a no nonsense phone that does it all minus the bells and whistles software and a smooth fluid experience go for the HTC 10.

Sure the S7E has its obvious advantages AMBLED screen battery and camera but the software implementation is atrocious whereas HTC Sense is practically stock.

The only drawbacks I can recall with regards to the HTC 10 is the erratic battery life and screen in sunlight is barely legible.

Soldato
I'm not too interesting in the S7E because I transitioned to Type-C cables and don't really want to go back now, just easier to only get Type-C phones going forward. Think I will wait till the weekend and see if there is any movement on the new Nexus/Google Phone and if not I will get this.

Soldato
I've had a mixture of devices and recently have went from the S7 to the X Force to the HTC 10.

I'm finding the HTC 10 an absolute joy to use, it's super quick, Sense is actually really nice and closer to stock now than it has been previously.

Compared to the S7 I much prefer the capacitive finger print scanner than an actual physical button and have had absolutely no issues with either WiFi or Reception. (I'm on Vodafone).

While it's not as bright as the S7 it's more than usable outdoors and the screen is clear to read in bright light, never had an issue in that department.

Standouts compared to other phones are definitely the Boomsound Speaker setup which is still just as impressive as before and the superb DAC they've used, the sound clarity through the packaged HiDef Headphones is absolutely superb. Put a higher quality headphone set on however and it takes it up another level again, simply superb.

I've been using it with a case at times but have settled on no case for the phone as it feels great in the hand the chamfered edge of the phone does give it a more natural grip.

Camera is absolutely fine and quick, can't grumble with the quality of the pictures and the front facing camera is rather capable as it too packs in OIS.

If you want to know anything else let me know :)

Soldato
Due an upgrade on Friday. I want this phone. If the water proofing and the wireless charging on the S7 don't already make the HTC hard to justify, the contract prices do. It seems I'll have to pay an extra £5/month for the same tariff to have the HTC instead of the S7. This is exactly how I came to have the M8 over the S5. Couldn't decide between the two so went with the M8 and £5/month less.

Last edited:
Soldato
So what is general consensus of battery life then? My 6p battery gives bout 3.5 sot and would like something that up might give bit more.

To be honest it's probably fairly comparable to the 6p in that department, if you are looking for more than 3.5 sot then I would probably be thinking about other options as the 10 probably hits around the same mark tbh.

Associate
Due an upgrade on Friday. I want this phone. If the water proofing and the wireless charging on the S7 don't already make the HTC hard to justify, the contract prices do. It seems I'll have to pay an extra £5/month for the same tariff to have the HTC instead of the S7. This is exactly how I came to have the M8 over the S5. Couldn't decide between the two so went with the M8 and £5/month less.

I go sim free these days. I like the build quality of the HTC 10 and that it feels quite a bit more comfortable to use one handed as compared to moto x style. £470 and up is just too expensive these days. Not overly bothered about the Galaxy S7 range either as to me they are expensive too. I don't want a phone with a glass back either. I'll admit that in spite of vowing never to buy an HTC phone again after the shoddy repair service received off HTC, I am tempted a little. Probably see what Google/HTC 'pixie' phones are like :D

Associate
To be honest it's probably fairly comparable to the 6p in that department, if you are looking for more than 3.5 sot then I would probably be thinking about other options as the 10 probably hits around the same mark tbh.

Im also after a smaller device than my 6p now, and something with good speakers which is why im considering the HTC 10.

I had the S7E for a week but sent it back as I just didn't have a pleasant time with that device.

Soldato
Im also after a smaller device than my 6p now, and something with good speakers which is why im considering the HTC 10.

I had the S7E for a week but sent it back as I just didn't have a pleasant time with that device.

As an audio experience it's a very good handset, while the Boomsound set up isn't as loud as other devices (it really isn't) it's very clear and sounds great.

The Audio DAC used in the phone is also fantastic and you'll notice the difference right away.

Sizewise for me at least the 10 is great and the build is nice and grippy around the edges and feels great.

Associate
I had a look at one again the other day and admit there was some temptation but think I'll wait and see what the Nexus/Pixel phones are like now.

Soldato
well it's arrived. I'm still updating it etc but my first impressions are that it's so much easier to hold than the M8. Really happy about that. I want to buy a couple of USB C cables as the one supplied is the only one I have. Are they all the same or do I need a certain type? It's just for work and the car really.

Last edited:
Soldato
well it's arrived. I'm still updating it etc but my first impressions are that it's so much easier to hold than the M8. Really happy about that. I want to buy a couple of USB C cables as the one supplied is the only one I have. Are they all the same or do I need a certain type? It's just for work and the car really.

Nothing in particular mame, I just searched USB to USB C cables on Amazon and ordered a couple, all were fine to use with chargers etc.

Back
Top Bottom