*** The Official HTC Desire (Bravo) Thread! ***

Soldato
OP
OK -weirdest thing.

I called up T-Mobile to upgrade my phone to the Desire and they tried to get me to go on a 24 month contract £20/month and still pay £230 for the phone. I even tried the 'I'll have my PAC please' and they went - 'fine... here you go'.

I jumped online and had a look at a few websites and found one that would do the phone for free, £25/month and 18 month contract and unlimited internet. Just bizarre...

No idea when the phone will arrive but there you go... pays to search around sometimes.

Associate
Except in this case they have had numerous emails (4 in total) over the span of 5 days which have all been read and the order has not been cancelled.

As for cancellation rights under consumer protection I have a right to cancel within 14 days by writing (email or letter) as stated in their T&C's.

So if they do not cancel the order as requested the goods are unsolicited as I have proof of them reading the cancellation emails.

Out of interest, why are you cancelling? I can't be bothered to read back through the whole thread to find out.

Soldato
OP
OK -weirdest thing.

I called up T-Mobile to upgrade my phone to the Desire and they tried to get me to go on a 24 month contract £20/month and still pay £230 for the phone. I even tried the 'I'll have my PAC please' and they went - 'fine... here you go'.

I jumped online and had a look at a few websites and found one that would do the phone for free, £25/month and 18 month contract and unlimited internet. Just bizarre...

No idea when the phone will arrive but there you go... pays to search around sometimes.

Stoked - delivery tomorrow! Still can't believe that T-mob are so reluctant to retain customers.

Associate
Cool beans. I'm currently mashing F5 every few minutes to see if they've shipped mine yet..maybe I should go do something more productive :rolleyes:

Soldato
Just thought I would give some unbiased opinions coming from a 3G Iphone for any people thinking of moving over to the Desire.

When I first got the Desire I was pretty unimpressed with the default setup compared with the Iphone. Yes the hardware is fast and browsing is much better but everything else seemed less polished. Certainly out of the box for general features the Iphone is head and shoulders above Android. I have since spent some time downloading a few free apps and setup the phone and I now love it. Battery life seems on par with the 3G. Call quality is excellent but the speaker is a tad small and needs to be over the ear the Iphone seems much better in this repsect. Build quality is excellent, the frame looks and feels like it's made of alu, feels well in the hand. I would say a better build quality than the Iphone. It also feels slightly lighter than the Iphone to me. Pretty impressed with the camera, flash works well. The display is excellent, very vivid and bright. So in summary I would say if your prepared to spend some time setting it up you will love the Desire.

What I like
Display
It's Fast
Build Quality
The best browser support.
Seems reliable
Multi tasking
Removal Battery
Great camera

What I don't like
Small Speaker
Volume up down. - too easy to catch
Limited Apps - I'm sure this will improve.
Needs some work out of the box.

Associate
Does anyone use a Google Apps for your Domain account with their Desire?

I keep getting a notification that i need to sign up but it's still syncing fine with my account.

Soldato
:D

Annoys me that they're promoting the phone, releasing the leaflets in stores, telling me not to cancel my contract as they'll have it soon, but they can't give me even a semi-precise date.

Panic because T-Mobile and Voda seem to have got it out way ahead of them? I got the same impression from O2, they were pushing the SE rubbish (;)) but have now had to try and bring the Desire launch forward.

Associate
That's annoying as I placed my order on March 23rd and I haven't had any confirmation of shipping. Seems a cancellation may be coming their way...

It is fairly annoying. I did the live chat thing and they said they'd be here by Thursday.

However, a few guy on the xda forums had their phones delivered this morning, with no dispatch email :confused: They placed their orders around the 24th/25th of March, and as MPD said it would be first come, first served (and I preordered on the 17th), I'm gunna use that crackpot theory to say mine should be here today too! :D

Associate
Just thought I would give some unbiased opinions coming from a 3G Iphone for any people thinking of moving over to the Desire.

When I first got the Desire I was pretty unimpressed with the default setup compared with the Iphone. Yes the hardware is fast and browsing is much better but everything else seemed less polished. Certainly out of the box for general features the Iphone is head and shoulders above Android. I have since spent some time downloading a few free apps and setup the phone and I now love it. Battery life seems on par with the 3G. Call quality is excellent but the speaker is a tad small and needs to be over the ear the Iphone seems much better in this repsect. Build quality is excellent, the frame looks and feels like it's made of alu, feels well in the hand. I would say a better build quality than the Iphone. It also feels slightly lighter than the Iphone to me. Pretty impressed with the camera, flash works well. The display is excellent, very vivid and bright. So in summary I would say if your prepared to spend some time setting it up you will love the Desire.

What I like
Display
It's Fast
Build Quality
The best browser support.
Seems reliable
Multi tasking
Removal Battery
Great camera

What I don't like
Small Speaker
Volume up down. - too easy to catch
Limited Apps - I'm sure this will improve.
Needs some work out of the box.

The_Asgard, mind mentioning what apps you donloaded or changes you made that persuaded you it's a good device?

Back
Top Bottom