*** The Official HTC One M8 Thread ***

Soldato
I dont think hes saying that he needs it, Probably just that theres a similarly specced phone coming out with 3gb of ram, I can relate to that worry, It might not make a difference now but how do we know we wont be glad for it in 1 year and a bit?

Glad about 32gb onboard though

Man of Honour
I don't get this. What exactly must you run to need 3 GB of RAM in a small hand held device?

Why wouldn't you want it, when the competition have it?

It's good for futureproofing if nothing else. When you have things like Sense loaded on the phone, and you want effortless multitasking, I don't think it's a bad thing to have.

Soldato
I don't get this. What exactly must you run to need 3 GB of RAM in a small hand held device?

Same price and you get more, and if it comes to that being a limit factor 2 years down the line then you might need it more.

Personally I'm disappointed in the camera specs, everyone seems to have bigger sensors now. Hoping they have sorted everything out.

Soldato
Samsung and HTC et al could put 10GB of RAM in their phones and they'd still be slower in day to day use than a Nexus 5 or Moto X.

Errrrm no, not any more.

3GB RAM should be the standard now. Just like when people said 1GB was enough. It just helps keep apps in RAM aiding seamless app switching. Lovely on the Note 3.

Soldato
Yep, all that Samsung bloat needs 3GB to run properly :D

Sense 4.something is still runs like hot butter on my HOS, Sense 6 should be just as smooth(?)

...But more memory is always better, even if you never use it.

Soldato
This device is the one of the most promising of the bunch of next gen devices.

Just a little weary of how all the device is and the weight being 160g.

Associate
Since when has that happened in any computer description ever?

But the main thing is that new variants and SKUs appear all the time (apps/media are added/removed/updated) and it would be absolutely impossible to print a figure that is accurate for all territories at all times.

Since when has any computer lost half it's storage space to pre-installed software ever? ;)

Look at the 16GB S4, that had a ridiculous amount of space used before you even turned it on. It's not unreasonable to expect that when you buy a phone touting 16GB of storage that a significant portion of that will be available to you, and not the opposite.

All I'm saying is that they need to be a little bit more honest about what you're buying, and I don't think that is in anyway a big thing to ask for?

Back
Top Bottom