*** The Official HTC One M8 Thread ***

Soldato
Hi all , just received the HTC one m8 from Three Pay As you Go, and its unlocked and unbranded so basically sim free and for £470 so saved £60 , i got the Grey Gun Metal and it looks amazing, i have been using galaxy phones for past 4 years and this with its build is on a different level , its a nice change from touchwiz, sense seems so much more professional, the speakers are great.

i have a micro sim, need to cut it down to nano , i can print out the templete to cut but worried i will mess it up

Permabanned
The camera seems passable but sadly not great, I'll have to have a play with one but I like everything else about it.

Some of the camera samples I've seen are just plain boring, there is nothing drastically wrong with the images but nothing really stands out as being good either.

I hope HTC have a hard year to punish them for putting this camera on such a beautiful phone. :mad:

Soldato
Tried out the M8 last night and it does feel amazing indeed. It doesn't feel as big but I did notice it being bigger then my N5 which isn't ideal. Camera was fast, can't really test it too much in store. Sense looks okay, don't like some of the changes they mode but most of it is light changes on android 4.4.2.

But again the build, fit and finish and feel are all top notch on it.

Soldato
hi, i just turned it off and got the 3 logo, and switched it on and got 3 boot logo, its weird when i first put it on i didn't see a 3 logo, but in the phone i don't see any three stuff

Soldato
On first time boot it's either been designed to show a different routine or has a first time boot executor which install a few apps, changes a few things like bootscreen, APN etc.. This isn't uncommon on branded handsets unfortunately.

Soldato
On first time boot it's either been designed to show a different routine or has a first time boot executor which install a few apps, changes a few things like bootscreen, APN etc.. This isn't uncommon on branded handsets unfortunately.

within the phone i cant see anything about three or apps, just the bootscreens

Associate
I've just ordered one.

Can't help feeling a bit of buyers remorse though, mainly because of the camera.

The Z2 is the only alternative for me, I'll see how I get on with the M8 for a few weeks and see what the Z2 reviews are looking like.

Caporegime
The length of the phone isn't to much of an issue for me. I would probably rather have a big top bezel actually as If the screen is too high up the phone it's a stretch to reach it. I usually support the phone on my little finger at bottom

Width is a bigger issue. The z2 being the widest is a concern

Soldato
i also have a note 3 and today received the m8 and for me size is no issue probably used to the note 3 and actually find the htc m8 small, i do like the way can wake and unlock phone its so easy

Caporegime
I hope HTC take advantage of the dropped ball Sony just made (and I believe HTC made last year) in stating they won't be a delay of the Z2 due to shortages, only to delay it by a few weeks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom