*** The Official HTC One M8 Thread ***

Further to the issue I'm having on my One M8 and the lollipop update. Google Chrome seems to be bugged. I get this error message for example, "The server at forums.overclockers.co.uk can't be found because the DNS look-up failed". Firefox browser everything works fine. On my WiFi settings I seem to be stuck with Google DNS on 8.8.8.8. I can't change this setting.
My online banking won't connect on my WiFi, but works fine when I'm connected to mobile internet.

Wish I hadn't updated to lollipop.

Further to the issue I'm having on my One M8 and the lollipop update. Google Chrome seems to be bugged. I get this error message for example, "The server at forums.overclockers.co.uk can't be found because the DNS look-up failed". Firefox browser everything works fine. On my WiFi settings I seem to be stuck with Google DNS on 8.8.8.8. I can't change this setting.
My online banking won't connect on my WiFi, but works fine when I'm connected to mobile internet.

Wish I hadn't updated to lollipop.

I could never stand chrome browser on a mobile device anyway!

I was going to Sunshine it and install a ROM but thinking I may sell it as its still new and wait for the M9. The leaked images point to two of them and the smaller M9 looks a lot nicer and symmetrical, symmetry is a must for me lol.

SOLUTION! Its took me 2 days but factory resetting my Superhub 2 has done the trick. Lollipop is working OK now.
WiFi was working on all my other devices before, but for some strange reason resetting the Hub has worked on my M8.

Last edited:
Just realised if you press your multi app button then the 3 dot icon at the top, you can change from card view to grid view and it's just how it was before including close all. Phew!

Sorry if I'm being dim but what 3 dots at the top?? When I press the recent app's button I can't see any way of changing from the card view where you have to swipe each one to get rid!

The other thing that's bugging me is there doesn't appear to be any sort of "quick boot and shut down" option anymore!?!?!

Sorry if I'm being dim but what 3 dots at the top?? When I press the recent app's button I can't see any way of changing from the card view where you have to swipe each one to get rid!

The other thing that's bugging me is there doesn't appear to be any sort of "quick boot and shut down" option anymore!?!?!

I could do a screen shot but if i press the recent apps button (in card view) the only things on the screen are the 'cards', a google search box at the top and then to the right of that, an icon of 3 vertical dots right under the clock.you press that, then settings, then grid view.

Last edited:
Hmmm, doesn't look like mine is the same then - all I get is this:

9gfqbr.jpg

The only difference is possibly that I'm using the Apex launcher but I've even gone back to the HTC "Blinkfeed" launcher and it's no different!?!?

I really don't know then. I've never used different launchers etc if that is the problem.

mine is android version 5.0.1

software number 4.16.401.10

if that's any use

Exactly the same as mine - this is very strange!!!

There is even a few comments on the Youtube link you posted that says:

286rblc.jpg

Trouble is, it's not as easy as "hopping into task switcher" because there isn't a menu button!!! :(

I don't think it's a launcher issue either because it's no different on the default HTC one!

I've no idea then. Mine was from CPW as an EE upgrade but I think it is just a sim-free phone as apparently that's what CPW sell, it came in a sealed unbranded box (EE sim was a seperate item) and the update appeared on the day they said unlocked phones would get the update.

I like it, I love the new drop down bar... been looking forward to that since the N5 got Lollipop.

Due to Sense you really don't get the feeling of most of the changes, like you did on a stock N5 for example. The browser tab behaviour can be changed, as as above so can the app switcher... but I quite like both of them. Got used to them very quick too!

I seem to be getting better battery life too, but I admit I was quite busy the day after the upgrade, so I didn't use it as much. I did yesterday and I'm still sitting with 23% right now... which strikes me as surprising :)

Back
Top Bottom