***The Official HTC One Thread***

[TW]Fox;24049721 said:
I've never used a screen protector on any of my phones and with the quality of screens these days they simply don't get scratches. I'm pretty sure they are just no longer needed but people seem to fit them anyway.

Unless things have drastically changed since the One S, I will never be taking this advice ever again. A friend said the exact same to me and my One S now looks as though a cat has used it for a play toy.

I do, but with a phone that's used everyday, bit of change in the pocket, sticking it on the table, the odd accidental drop all adds up. My Sensation was perfect with a protector.

You keep your phone in your pocket with loose change, and claim that you take care of it?

Those two things are mutually exclusive!

Found a good deal on this for anyone interested:

HTC One Black - FREE
Orange Panther 36 (18 month contract)
400 Mins
Unlimited Texts
750MB Data

£36 x 18
= £648

4 months FREE by redemption (-£144)
Your £144.00 saving is available by redemption in 5 stages: £28.80 at month 6, £28.80 at month 9, £28.80 at month 12, £28.80 at month 15, £28.80 at month 18

£100 quidco cashback (-£100)
for all 18 month contracts
EXCLUSIVE RATE EXPIRES IN 4 DAYS

Total: £404

At dialaphone.co.uk

Unless things have drastically changed since the One S, I will never be taking this advice ever again. A friend said the exact same to me and my One S now looks as though a cat has used it for a play toy.

I've had my Desire HD for over two years now and it's never had a screen protector on it and it's never been in a case. I'm not exactly careful and besides a few dings at the top it's still in good nick.

IMAG0008-1_zps022ee5c8.jpg

IMAG0013-1_zpsb4eba767.jpg

IMAG0011_zpsbd11bfdb.jpg

IMAG0012-2_zps5fcd2d8a.jpg

IMAG0010_zps9bbcd52a.jpg

I love on that last photo that focusing on the reflection throws the rest of the focus out :-)

Photos taken with my new HTC One btw ;-)

Found a good deal on this for anyone interested:

HTC One Black - FREE
Orange Panther 36 (18 month contract)
400 Mins
Unlimited Texts
750MB Data

£36 x 18
= £648

4 months FREE by redemption (-£144)
Your £144.00 saving is available by redemption in 5 stages: £28.80 at month 6, £28.80 at month 9, £28.80 at month 12, £28.80 at month 15, £28.80 at month 18

£100 quidco cashback (-£100)
for all 18 month contracts
EXCLUSIVE RATE EXPIRES IN 4 DAYS

Total: £404

At dialaphone.co.uk

Can't see this deal anywhere?

Guys who have/seen the One, what's the notification light like? Never used to really use it but its invaluable to me now on the Note2, esp as can use Lightflow to program it somewhat

Thanks

Can't see this deal anywhere?

It's still there, go to dialaphone > contract phones

Enter HTC One Black (or Silver) and 18 months and it's the 3rd one on the list.

The best thing about this deal is, you can end up with the handset for £404. Well worth it if the 750mb is enough for you. I don't know what Orange are like if you go over, I'm with T-Mobile and they are fine.

The notification light is very useful, and has the features for only showing up specific things (which is probably a standard feature for android, new to me anyway :p). It's pretty bright when faced directly, and is still easy to see when looked for even indirectly. I've tried to get a picture of it, but being an iPad mini camera...

IMG_0174_zpsf5c3ebed.jpg

I believe my phone in the image is almost scale too - and the 'authorisation problem' logo won't go away for my facebook account. About to get the hammer...

edit: tested a quick bit of tethering by usb earlier, and got 1.22mbit/sec in an area that Three says has zero indoor coverage.

Guys who have/seen the One, what's the notification light like? Never used to really use it but its invaluable to me now on the Note2, esp as can use Lightflow to program it somewhat

I've found it to be ok for the basics but it's nothing like the one on the Note II - you can't programme it at all and if you're plugged in charging it doesn't blink if you have notifications come in ... at least mine doesn't!

Shame really as otherwise I've nothing to complain about thus far with this phone - have found my camera to be fine - no OIS issues focus wise :)

Yeah, mine is solid on when it is charging, which is a pain. Both being an annoyance when on charge at night, and for not receiving any indications of a notification whilst on charge.

Back
Top Bottom