***The Official HTC One Thread***

From what I can gather on xda the auto iso setting is bugged on firmwares below 1.29 which is causing the grainy over bright pictures even in good light. ISO confusion is a term I have read.

I can confirm manually setting the iso and setting sharpness to - 1 makes a big difference for my 1.28 firmware one.

Camera does seem pretty good, but you have to make sure you have the right settings for the shot. Unfortunately, mine says its 1.28 - but looks best at -1 sharpness.

Here's two picture taken using the macro mode on the camera.
IMAG0049_zpsad2c0c47.jpg
IMAG0056_zps75cbd662.jpg

Hopefully an update can reduce the noise I keep getting in my images. Even though I rarely use the camera, it would be nice to get some good shots on the rare chance I use it.

Oh, and now the little stupid icon went away!

My order status on MobilePhonesDirect has changed to 'Pending - Network Credit Check Decision' so fingers crossed they'll be sending it out shortly as I was told on the phone that they wouldn't perform a credit check unless they had stock in allocated. :-D

Not sure if any help but vodafone are waiving the £69 cost on the £36 a month plan for the one from the 16 April.

They've already waived it for me on the £37/month plan (unltd calls, unltd texts, 1gb internet) when I upgraded - I went through the web team.

Oh, and I get 20% off that per month as well due to being a HP employee ;-)

Good choice guys - you'll love it no doubts about that!

I'm really pleased with the battery life after a week of using it - am easily getting through a day with 50% battery still to go after ~12 hours off charge which my DHD couldn't even dream of achieving!

When I was getting my PAC, the o2 guy said he could have done me a deal of unlimited minutes and texts, with 1gb data for 36/month with no upfront cost, on a 24month contract.

But three's internet is already 3-4x faster, and i've already gone through 600mb of it :p

Apologies for my not so good example photos on my other post lol, anyway I thought I would share this screenshot of the battery stats on my One:

HTCOnebattery_zps74bac81f.jpg

I am absolutely blown away by how long the battery on the phone lasts. I have been mainly using the phone for Facebook, Twitter, Camera, Messages & Internet since the last charge (Tues evening). Also bear in mind that when I did the last charge when the phone was on 5%, 60% of the charge was done via the USB but then switched to the wall plug when I went to bed and took it off charge when it was on 92%. So I reckon if I did a proper wall plug charge and left it all the way until 100%, I would get a slightly better result than this :)

Liam

Last edited:
HTC sure are hammering away at marketing/advertising now

Making Music Videos with HTC Phones

(wouldn't put it past them if they used some kind of equipment though :p)

‘One Day’ with the new HTC One

HTC-One_infographic_FINAL.jpeg

UltraPixel Photography with the New HTC One

Personally think those photos are pretty crap though :p Seen much better ones in the photo thread on XDA.....

Have a wide range of their own accessories for the "one" and even have a section dedicated to it on their website!

http://www.htc.com/www/accessories/

Plus, HTC first (facebook phone and what a absolutely terrible name once again........) has been announced, so am sure that will be getting a lot of advertising through facebook etc. so plenty of people/average joes should/will be aware of HTC now and come across the HTC one.

@lek

That is what I am most impressed about with the one so far, battery life, people are getting ridiculous life from it, up to 7 hours on screen etc. :cool: I was expecting it to be really good (due to the DNA and the hardware specs etc.) but not that "good" :p

Just because they "think" that doesn't mean that they are right and most certainly doesn't mean that the one camera doesn't have anything over the gs 4 camera due to their 4 photos.....

I have seen way better photos throughout the "one" photo threads (have linked to a few of them in here as well) and the areas where the one does advantage over the GS 4 (and pretty much every other phone) is in low light/night conditions (the main selling point of "ultrapixel"), video recording (smoother overall with better audio recording) and much better field of view amongst other wee things and I still expect it to be better (and improve even further in its already strong points) when it comes to standard photos in bright etc. conditions once the software and/or hardware issues are sorted out as the hardware is better in theory.

EDIT:

BTW, not sure if people are aware of this but the guy behind the whole camera thing/ultrapixel use to work for kodak.

Last edited:
it still sounds dumb?! if he was so brilliant he could have done what 920 nokia did.. good resolution + night time = one of the best camera phones on the market.. htc one is "so so" at best.

? :confused:

They use to be the best in the photography business/market and iirc were the "inventors" of the "digital camera".

Emphasis on used to :p not sure what role he had but simply working somewhere doesn't make you a great.

I'm still not sure with the camera, keep changing my mind on it.

[TW]Fox;24061372 said:
I assumed it barred tethering? Plus the data allowance isn't great.

Tethering is fine on Orange Panther plans, but £1 per day on other plans that don't come with internet already on them.

http://help.ee.co.uk/system/selfser...ONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=20152

RE: the data allowance, pay another £5 per month and you'll have 1.25GB data allowance. Even with this extra £5, it's cheaper than any other deal out there - and with this one you even get a free HTC One.

it still sounds dumb?! if he was so brilliant he could have done what 920 nokia did.. good resolution + night time = one of the best camera phones on the market.. htc one is "so so" at best.

Explain what sounds dumb? Is it because 4MP doesn't sound as "cool" as 13MP?

The 920 doesn't have as big pixels (which is very important) as the one and as a result can't have the same number of MP unless you want a big ass heavy phone...... Yes it can achieve higher um than the one via a virtual method, however, I am pretty sure that it won't be as good as actual physical/hardware implementation, much like hyper threading VS physical cores for CPU's.

and you keep on judging the photo quality (and the way that your posts come across it appears that you are assuming that it isn't going to improve and seem to think it is due to the hardware/MP [despite "experts" saying that the camera hardware is better than the GS 4 camera hardware]) when there is clearly a problem with the software and/or hardware, as has been explained non stop and he even confirmed it himself in that recent interview about their sharpness algorithm being too aggressive, ISO handling as well as early batches etc.

Emphasis on used to :p not sure what role he had but simply working somewhere doesn't make you a great.

I'm still not sure with the camera, keep changing my mind on it.

They had to drop the camera/photography department due to bankruptcy in 2012 (and it wasn't because of the quality of their products, some other reason due to manufacturing costs out weighing profit or something like that iirc) so chances are he could have come from the camera department at kodak. I don't think HTC would hire someone who hasn't got a clue about the camera area and came from say the printer department to be the brains behind one of the most important features of a phone :p

I'll have a search around to see what his exact job was at kodak but I am pretty sure he mentioned something about that (at least it sounds like he was involved in the camera department) in his interview when it came to a question regarding the camera hardware/software, saying something like "working with the guys in kodak".

Wait for these new batches and software update to fix the problems then judge the photo quality :p Have a look through the thread on XDA, some great photos in there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom