***The Official HTC One Thread***

Cant decide HTC One in black or silver? :/

Well it's entirely subjective so I'm not sure why you think posting that is going to help?

If you like black, get a black one, if you like silver, get the silver one. Surely one of the few aspects of phone selection that doesn't require the internets help us which colour you like best.

[TW]Fox;24084886 said:
Well it's entirely subjective so I'm not sure why you think posting that is going to help?

If you like black, get a black one, if you like silver, get the silver one. Surely one of the few aspects of phone selection that doesn't require the internets help us which colour you like best.

Hehe - soo true.

Took some photos at a wedding evening reception last night. This camera is FANTASTIC IN low light. Conditions were difficult as there was lots of bright lights flashing in the background and people moving around, but still I got some absolutely cracking photos.

Has anyone got this phone as an orange upgrade? If so, any branding etc?

Also, is this only 32gb? I can't find 16GB deals..

Last edited:
HTC One - £30

(Quidco cashback £40)

T-Mobile Full Monty
500 Mins
Unlimited Texts
Unlimited Data
£26 a month (24 months)

Good deal?

£650 total cost is pretty good, especially with unlimited data. After a long and arduous process my brother haggled Vodafone down to something similar.

For comparison I pay £12.90 for my sim only contract (200 mins, unlim data, on three), if you add the phone at £500 that comes to £800 over 24 months

I went for silver simply because I liked the metallic finish better than the black finger print magnet. But, it's all preference.

The battery life on standby is amazing, but it was absolutely destroyed by a quick gaming session yesterday. :p

Potential defects to look out for.

I'm probably going to buy it in a bricks & mortar shop so I can give it a bit of a look over before taking it home and then a further good using before I root it.

Screen
  • Dead pixels
  • Backlight bleed
  • No patchiness on totally white screen
  • No patchiness on totally black screen

Case/Body
  • Milling defects, especially around ports
  • Gaps between speaker grill and main body Tiny gap on the top
  • Adhesive leaking out between the main body and the speaker grill
  • Slight overhang on corners (any corner) of the phone. Slight overhang on 3 corners from the speaker grill pieces
  • Top/Bottom of the screen not flush with the aluminium. Top is affected by this but very slightly

Camera
  • Sides of images not in focus/blurry

Other
  • Soft keys not responsive Think the area to register the strike is small - exactly over the button than off to the side slightly

Have i missed anything?

EDIT\ Updated with replies from below - Thank you

Those are the only issues I have - probably too small a margin to take it back tbh - even if I could take it back I've used and rooted it already so not sure if I could even exchange it :confused:

My One has just come managed to get a early upgrade, what a lovely phone can't see any problems with build yet everything looks flush but it was the 3rd lot they had so maybe its sorted now. No issues with the touch buttons all work as they should, this phone oozes quality really impressed.

Got it from buymobilephones.net and you get the media link free with it which is pretty decent as they like £60.

Back
Top Bottom