***The Official HTC One Thread***

Right can someone help me please need to clarify something...

So through Quidco there is £70 cashback through dialaphone, and i've found a perfect deal for me which is 18months also, so it's very cheap with the cashback.

The deal is with Orange, i'm already with Orange, and I intend to pay the rest of my contract off so I can get the HTC One. I can't get the £70 cashback through orange obviously, so should I ask for my PAC code even though i'll be going back to Orange?!

Hi Belloni. As i understand it, to move onto a new contract at the provider you are already with (in your case Orange), you'll need to ask for your PAC code and take your number to a 2nd provider first (for instance, a pay-as-you-go sim from giffgaff). Once your number has safely transferred across to the 2nd provider, and you have your new phone and contract from Orange, you can get a PAC code from the 2nd provider and give it to Orange. Hope that makes sense.

It's a bit convoluted. I'm doing the same thing myself. I've moved my number to Giffgaff from T-mobile. Once my HTC One turns up from Affordable Mobiles, along with the T-mobile contract it is attached to, I'll get my PAC from Giffgaff and transfer my number across.

Ginga

[TW]Fox;24089608 said:
That's not actually what I asked. Giffgaff didn't allow tethering either but I had no issues using a few mb a month for a bit of on-train browsing or similar.

Fair enough but I don't think it's worth getting tied in for, especially if you get away with it for a while but then eventually get told to go swivel because it will just be a frustrating experience.

Hi Belloni. As i understand it, to move onto a new contract at the provider you are already with (in your case Orange), you'll need to ask for your PAC code and take your number to a 2nd provider first (for instance, a pay-as-you-go sim from giffgaff). Once your number has safely transferred across to the 2nd provider, and you have your new phone and contract from Orange, you can get a PAC code from the 2nd provider and give it to Orange. Hope that makes sense.

It's a bit convoluted. I'm doing the same thing myself. I've moved my number to Giffgaff from T-mobile. Once my HTC One turns up from Affordable Mobiles, along with the T-mobile contract it is attached to, I'll get my PAC from Giffgaff and transfer my number across.

Ginga

Hmm sounds a bit to much like effort!

Think i'll just ignore the £70 cashback and get them to match the offer anyways.

Mine arrived today :D

It's on charge now, yet to fire it up. Have noticed miniscule gap at the top and similarly miniscule overhang on bottom left corner front speaker grill. I think of these as signatures of my device. Fingers crossed nothing else 'amiss' and I'll be hanging on to it for sure, it is a truly gorgeous piece of hardware to look upon and hold. Will report on rest tomorrow :p

The bootloader is re-lockable it's the flag in the bootloader that says the bootloader has previously been unlocked which is impossible to reset, it will say "Relocked".

On other HTC devices, if you update using RUU it will show Locked, so I guess it will do the same for this phone.

Just got mine today on a 12m contract and all I can say is wow..... the quality is unbelievable with this phone and the first thing I need to do is get a case I think because I'll be a bit upset if I scratch or damage this phone in the near future

Anyone got a decent case for this??

I bought the double dip hardcase from Amazon 3pm yesterday and it turned up before lunch. I wasn't a fan until I saw some pics from the anandtech review and changed my mind.

I will also be looking for a couple of different ones when they become more widely available.

Has anyone managed to root theirs yet?

I have tried it with the toolkit but can't boot into recovery after flashing. It just reboots as normal.

Just got mine today on a 12m contract and all I can say is wow..... the quality is unbelievable with this phone and the first thing I need to do is get a case I think because I'll be a bit upset if I scratch or damage this phone in the near future

Anyone got a decent case for this??

I got this cheap pouch and I must say it's pretty good and fits well. I'm not using a screen protector.

I bought the double dip hardcase from Amazon 3pm yesterday and it turned up before lunch. I wasn't a fan until I saw some pics from the anandtech review and changed my mind.

I will also be looking for a couple of different ones when they become more widely available.

Has anyone managed to root theirs yet?

I have tried it with the toolkit but can't boot into recovery after flashing. It just reboots as normal

Mines rooted - I think you might be stuck at the same point I had trouble with (restarting and booting into recovery). I found that once you restart the phone and as soon as the screen goes black (turns off) immediately hold down 'volume down + power button' - should then boot into recovery pretty quick

Holy anal retention overload Batman!!!

I know right??? :eek:

I can live with it but it's just annoying that for the epic price of the phone that it's not 100% perfect

Back
Top Bottom