***The Official HTC One Thread***

Nothing performance wise really, it is a nice step up from a One X but not spectacular since the One X IMO is an excellent phone. When I pick up my One X after having used my One for a while it you can feel how much lighter, smaller and smoother it feels.

I don't really notice a lot of difference in phone navigation or general tasks but definitely see higher framerates in games and it is quicker to come out of an app than the one X. Also some games like bladeslinger have some extra effects that the One X does not have.

See my post above for the benefits of the one, the camera also has a bunch of extra features because of Zoe.

I guess it depends on your money situation as to whether I would recommend one.

Everyone at work was looking at my phone today, they gobsmacked at the quality of the screen and the overall quality of the phone, and how loud and clear the speakers are, one of them has a iPhone 5 as well, HTC really hit the nail on the head with this phone.

Just ordered mine in silver, decided not to wait for black. Ordered online so i can always DSR if i get a dodgy model.

Managed to get a contract for £41 a month, which will be reduced through F+F to £24.60
£95 cashback from quidco
£220 for trading in my iPhone 4s
Works out very cheap, and in fact save money from my giff gaff contract and get more.

So, anyone tried a .mkv on it?

Does it play well? .. HD youtube videos? Really like the idea of a 1080p screen. Makes things like Splashtop remote desktop better surely? due to most computers using 1080p too.. no messing around with resolutions.

Just ordered mine in silver, decided not to wait for black. Ordered online so i can always DSR if i get a dodgy model.

Managed to get a contract for £41 a month, which will be reduced through F+F to £24.60
£95 cashback from quidco
£220 for trading in my iPhone 4s
Works out very cheap, and in fact save money from my giff gaff contract and get more.

Thats a good deal, whos that with?

Does it play well? .. HD youtube videos? Really like the idea of a 1080p screen. Makes things like Splashtop remote desktop better surely? due to most computers using 1080p too.. no messing around with resolutions.

true 1080p on that size screen would be completely unusable surely? I was under the impression this was similar to the approach Apple use with the retina macbooks, the res is there to make the edges sharper and get rid of pixelation not to be mapped as 1 to 1?

Mines rooted - I think you might be stuck at the same point I had trouble with (restarting and booting into recovery). I found that once you restart the phone and as soon as the screen goes black (turns off) immediately hold down 'volume down + power button' - should then boot into recovery pretty quick

Ah it worked, amazing! Now I want to basically remove everything and do it again properly, I have so many recoveries and different versions installed. Is the best way to remove everything to flash a RUU?

Does anyone know where I can find one for the Three network?

I've not tried a 1080p .mkv but the 720p ones I've played looked amazing and sounded good to boot - apart from one that had a bad sound track attached to it that seemed to fade in and out.

I'll have to stick a 1080p file on there but to be honest just save yourself the extra gigs and stick to 720p as you won't likely tell the difference at this screen size :p

Oh I didn't release getting your pac code terminates the contract... Danm it.

Im having the same problem.

I already have a contract with Orange but now also have one with 3 which I wanted to transfer my number to after having it well over 10 years.

There is no way to change my number on Orange and move it without buying out the rest of the contract.

Back
Top Bottom