***The Official HTC One Thread***

Ah! What is included in this one you've mentioned please dude?

I can see a £36 a month deal but only has 1GB data. Ta!

Oh so you truly wanted unlimited, my bad then yeah that is the deal!

Absolute stonker of a deal anyways, and they've done the same for the S4 which has put me in a right pickle of what to chose now!

^^ No worries dude. Yea unlimited is what I'm after!

Personally, I've never been a Samsung Galaxy fan. Not a fan of the skin they have and the phones aesthetics in general... The HTC One looks and feels significantly better built all round. Looking forward to receiving it :)

What does it do, what is it & where is the one for Sim Free WWE ONE?

In basic terms a kernel is the layer that sits between applications and the hardware of a device - it's the 'guts' of the operating system.

It's probably not something you'll need to worry about if you are asking the question. You'll only need it if you want to compile a kernel yourself for whatever reason.

FINALLY GOT MY REFUND

On Sunday I tried to return my One to the P4U branch in Plymouth (take note Fox) but a refund was denied. The manager opened up two sealed units in front of me and both of these had the same problem. He simply blurted that if those are like that then it's probably just the way they are built. He refused to accept that the initial batch of devices might all be susceptible to this problem.

I took my argument to P4U head office instead where my argument was properly heard and a refund given. If you want a phone which has defects then I would wait, as for how long I cannot say.

In basic terms a kernel is the layer that sits between applications and the hardware of a device - it's the 'guts' of the operating system.

It's probably not something you'll need to worry about if you are asking the question. You'll only need it if you want to compile a kernel yourself for whatever reason.

Like improving apps that use the underlining hardware. create a better battery saving feature etc etc

I was thinking that the S4 might be a better alternative for me but the main reasons I decided the ONE was for me were:

The speakers: The S4 is not going to have anything like this, the sound is just so awesome.
The design: Whilst I don't have a problem with the S4 design it's just not as sleek as the one, when you catch a glimpse of the one from the side it's just so sexy.
Low light camera performance: Though I have not seen fully what the S4s camera will do these are always the shots that turn out worst and it's a really good improvement.
The screen: Pentile has always been a bit of a meh, I'm sure at 1080p it will be nigh on impossible to see. But the screen on the ONE is just so sharp the S4 can only be less sharp.

I can see this being much different to my One X, Ive had it bout 10 months it still looks as new (never been in a case) Plays all latest games fine etc. is very fast never had a problem with speed (my Desire HD struggled a bit).

What will this do that mine cant bar 4g and 1080p screen?

Nothing major - it's incremental apart from the industrial design. In a couple of years it will probably be able to play things/ use apps the One X can't but by then you'll no doubt have a Samsung Galaxy s6 or HTC 3 or something anyway.

Back
Top Bottom