***The Official HTC One Thread***

What the hell is up with that?!?

Seems like you are actually better of buying certain branded/locked phones these days to get the updates quickly, exact same happened with the one S/X and GS 2 (Not sure about GS 3).....

Makes no sense how/why they get the update before sim free......

Still can't decide between this and the S4.

I'm thinking more camera wise as i'm going travelling in Italy towards the end of the year, so obviously want to take good photos!

I think I might just get the HTC one, then if I don't like it, sell it and buy the S4 sim-free for minimal loss.

What the hell is up with that?!?

Seems like you are actually better of buying certain branded/locked phones these days to get the updates quickly, exact same happened with the one S/X and GS 2 (Not sure about GS 3).....

Makes no sense how/why they get the update before sim free......

This is one of my bug bears that apple deal with fine.
Why is there such an issue with releasing updates st the same time for all carriers?
Grr

This is one of my bug bears that apple deal with fine.
Why is there such an issue with releasing updates st the same time for all carriers?
Grr

Different carriers have different things to test. For example if the Orange Wednesday app didn't work properly on a firmware update then it would have to be fixed before being made available.

Does everyone else's notification LED stop flashing after about 5 minutes if you don't read texts? (Or whatever triggered the LED)
Kind of defeats it's purpose.

Finally had a play with one of these in town today. Wow it's a nice phone!

Is there any news on the 64GB version coming soon? I'm really tempted by it but I just don't think 32GB total is enough for me.

No 64GB version in the UK I'm afraid which is what pushed me to the S4. :(

The S4's panorama shot is pure magic, no stitching issues or blurry overlaps.

Didn't think I would post back in here since I went all a big ragey a while back (yes, it was indeed a bad day!)

Anyway, sent my One back to HTC for "repair" due to the gap problem. I thought I could live with it, but it bugged the hell out of me! Had a nice chap call me, an Escalation Manager saying that due to the time it's taken (6 days), would I mind a new HTC One, in Silver, unbranded. Said they would contact Orange to sort serial numbers etc. on my behalf. To be fair, my Orange one was unbranded too, but you never know when they will start brading them (probs when stock is plenty)

Annoyingly, that was on a Thursday, so it went out Friday and because couriers (most) don't do weekends, didn't arrive till monday. It's perfect!

Even came back with some .bak file on the internal storage (need to look into that), test pictures they had taken to ensure cam was working (will post later) and newer software! (I have two One's). The software isn't the "new" OTA update, but slightly newer than the other One I have. Not noticed any difference.

Now, I understand that this could well be a re-furb unit, but it honestly is perfect! No gaps, no overhangs, no dings, scratches, marks or anything. I honestly do think it's a new one.

Also, don't know if it's this software versioin, but NFC doesn't have a status/notfication icon in the status bar anymore (YAY!), cause that annoyed me somewhat! No difference in camera performance.

What IS annoying though, is that this unbranded handset wasn't first to get the new software update. To be fair, my Orange handset hasn't either, but ya know?

[TW]Fox;24181328 said:
It's here.

Quality is almost perfect though it seems the lower speaker grille isn't quite flush with the screen wheresa the upper speaker grille is beautifully flush with seamless transition from grille to screen. Is anyone elses like this?

There is a lot to like but I'm not sure I'm a Sense 5 fan. I actually prefer Sense 3.6 - where Sense 3.6 had colourful graphics, ie for weather, Sense 5 has minimalistic outlines instead. There is no option to change this, sadly. It's also missing a lot of the Sense widgits I've come to enjoy - for example where is HTC FriendStream?

Also, whats the obsession with block capitals? I don't want the date in block capitals please. Why can't I change it?

Whats going on with the SMS application? In Sense 3.6 it was attractive looking, each message looked a bit like mini-postit notes. In Sense 5 its some awful looking affair which only seems to allow a choice of colour schemes involving garish or primary colours. No soft pastel shades.

Don't know what FriendStream is but I'd gamble on Blinkfeed replacing it? Could try Eye In Sky Weather, I believe you can choose colourful skins for it.

Bought one today. Only issue two issues I have is not being able to tone down the vibration, and the vibration rattling the phone slightly.
Bearable, but could do with a fix.

Ah - disaster. Had an order with Affordable Mobiles, didn't hear anything from them. On impulse went and got a SIM-free one from Phones4U (it's great by the way) and now I have a dispatch notification from Affordable Mobiles. Was going to call them in the morning to cancel. Wish I'd been just a bit more patient now. Wonder if I can just refuse delivery ...

Ginga

Ah - disaster. Had an order with Affordable Mobiles, didn't hear anything from them. On impulse went and got a SIM-free one from Phones4U (it's great by the way) and now I have a dispatch notification from Affordable Mobiles. Was going to call them in the morning to cancel. Wish I'd been just a bit more patient now. Wonder if I can just refuse delivery ...

Ginga

No reason you can't refuse delivery. It'll just go back, and you'll probably be contacted to ask why.

Getting insane download speeds on Virgin mobile. So insane they must surely be wrongTest Date: Apr 26,

Connection Type: Hsdpa
Server: Cowes
Download: 18780 kbps
Upload: 3608 kbps
Ping: 97 ms

Ginga

I was just about to ask if any one has had any luck with their Affordable mobiles order... I ordered on the 10th and haven't heard anything from them.

When did you order your phone? Thanks bud!

[TW]Fox;24183627 said:
Getting insane download speeds on Virgin mobile. So insane they must surely be wrongTest Date: Apr 26,

Connection Type: Hsdpa
Download: 18780 kbps
Upload: 3608 kbps
Ping: 97 ms

I had a play with 4G when i was in Southampton earlier in the week

Connection Type: Lte
Download: 38080 kbps
Upload: 22053
Ping: 119

Highest I'd seen before that was mid 20's

Grabbed one (no pun intended :p) from Westfield, Shepherds Bush last night - simfree from P4U. I was all set to jump ship to the S4, but common sense (again, no pun intended :p) prevailed -fantastic phone, really loving it after using the Transfer app to copy over all sorts from my HOX.
FWIW, they had just put out some demo units of the S4.....looks nice, certainly a decent phone, but - for me - I just think the HO edges things in all the areas that are important to me :)

[TW]Fox;24181328 said:
It's here.

Quality is almost perfect though it seems the lower speaker grille isn't quite flush with the screen wheresa the upper speaker grille is beautifully flush with seamless transition from grille to screen. Is anyone elses like this?

Mine is every so slightly out in the top right corner where its not a perfect transition but to be honest you can't see it and its not a big enough worry to be bothered about changing the phone...

Back
Top Bottom