***The Official HTC One Thread***

You shouldn't. However can you think of another way of getting a perfect HTC One without being left without a HTC One? Isn't that what you wanted?

HTC should be offering a swapout service.

Dell do on my £170 monitor, it's not unreasonable to expect the same from a £500 phone.

I kept hold of my GS2 luckily so now that I'm without my HTC One, I'm not stuck. Dial a phone have really been great though.

Called them to tell them that I wasn't happy with the volume rocker - they said no probs sir, I shall send you a postage paid bag to send it back and we will replace it with a brand new handset. Received the bag, put the handset in it and posted it off in the evening on the 24th. Just called them again to find out if everything is ok and the lady told me they received it into the warehouse this morning and she will despatch a new handset out to me right away which will probably be here by tomorrow morning

Grand total of time without my HO - 2 and a bit days. Not as good as swapping in shop but not bad at all.

Isn't that pretty much identical to what happened with the Note 2 and the 4.1.2 update where the carriers got it first then they eventually released a OEM version.

Yep and the S3. Seems like us Sim free owners are treated differently to those who buy their phones on contract!

Indeed, also happened with the gs2 and jellybean.

Just makes no sense! :mad:

Oh don't remind me of that debacle... as a then S2 sim free owner that was extremely painful and frustrating :mad:

Oh don't remind me of that debacle... as a then S2 sim free owner that was extremely painful and frustrating :mad:

It still IS, JB hasn't been released on S2 generic UK handsets. Same thing happened with ICS. Makes me think that perhaps a Nexus device really is the best way to go.

It still IS, JB hasn't been released on S2 generic UK handsets. Same thing happened with ICS. Makes me think that perhaps a Nexus device really is the best way to go.

If you really want updates then the Nexus device is the only choice. I imagine it'll take a good 5-6 months for these companies to release KLP when it is out.

I'd also imagine that they are possibly making more money off the networks so they are releasing the updates to them first? Makes no sense that sim free's aren't being updated first though if that isn't the case.

Bought one of those gel cases off ebay. The volume buttons are a bit hard to press but fits surprisingly well and has cut outs for everything. Has a bit of a lip too so I can lay it face down without worrying about the screen getting scratched. Not bad for £2.

img0055wf.jpg
img0054wq.jpg
img0050ha.jpg
img0052lb.jpg

img0049ei.jpg
img0046rw.jpg
img0045nv.jpg

Hiya. I ordered from Affordable Mobiles on about 25 March. I phoned them this morning to explain. Apparently they had loads of orders, but HTC had supplied them with just 7 (I think he said)!!! I was one of the lucky few, it seems.

Ginga

Thanks Ginga!

Has anyone ordered from Dial-a-phone here and had a delivery pretty quickly? As good as the affordable mobiles deal is, stock seems to be very short for them! Cheers guys.

Bought one of those gel cases off ebay. The volume buttons are a bit hard to press but fits surprisingly well and has cut outs for everything. Has a bit of a lip too so I can lay it face down without worrying about the screen getting scratched. Not bad for £2.

gotta love that premium finish aye? :D

Yup, that is largely why I am waiting for the X phone and might even possibly hold of till the nexus 5, couldn't care less about the minor updates i.e. 4.2 but is is the principle of it! :o :p

Back
Top Bottom